54. Honest Talks (Bonus 11)

Roman was eating a pastry feeling Tristan's eyes on him. He looked up at Tristan who was staring daggers at him while drinking black coffee. He bet Tristan preferred the bitter taste of coffee to spending time in his company. He sighed and leaned back as he spoke "Alright. I think our meeting didn't get off at a good start. I want to introduce myself properly."

Tristan said "Actually our meeting had the perfect start. Obviously you view our first meeting differently."

Vienna asked "Who wants more drinks?"

Roman said "Not me. The last time I asked I had a knife thrown at me that was missed."

Tristan said "It didn't miss. It was meant to deter you."

Roman smiled weakly. He hadn't asked for any drinks after that deciding to help himself and pour some juice from the fridge. He said "Tristan. I am not here to show any disrespect to Vienna's family or to your family."

Tristan said "You are not here to pay your respects either..."

Rupert said "That's right Tristan. My brother and I are here because our father dumped us here to keep us out of confidential business. We were passing by. We might not ever meet you again..."

Roman said "Unless we enrol in the same college as you."

Vienna felt like wanting to get out. She didnt want to be there when the tension was so high. She did feel guilty for causing the tension. She said "I am going to see Angelia. I will take her some more pastries."

No one objected.

As she left the room, Tristan stood up and so did Roman. Viggo and Rupert looked between the two.

Roman put his hands up "Tristan. You are getting the wrong ideas here..."

Tristan said "Really? What are my ideas Roman? Enlighten me."

Roman said "You think something is going on between me and your girl. This is causing tension in your relationship. I get it. I am sorry. There is nothing happening between Vienna and I. We are just penpals. I understand how this looks to you and I will end it if you want. I never want any strain in your relationship."

Tristan gave out a dark chuckle as he stared Roman down "I dont think there is anything going on between you and Vienna. I trust her to be faithful. It also has not caused any strain in our relationship. Why should it? She is my girl. Nothing changes that."

Roman said "Then whats the problem?"

Viggo stood up at this point and said "Tristan. This is my home. No fights please. Whatever you do, no fights. Not today. Catch up with him later."

Tristan spoke slowly but firmly "Let's get to the point. Right to the point. You love my girl."

Rupert objected "No. He doesn't."

Viggo was watching intently.

Roman said "Vienna doesn't have any feelings for me."

Tristan said "But you love her."

Rupert said to his brother "Roman. Deny it. It's not true. I have never heard you say it."

Roman stood there looking at Tristan "What If I did? She doesn't love me. You won't have anything to worry about."

Tristan said "I don't have anything to worry about. I never did. But you do roman. But you do."

Rupert stood up and so did Viggo. They were looking at roman silently.

Tristan said "If you stay out of my way you have nothing to worry about. I don't kill for fun."

Roman whispered "Neither do I Tristan. I won't be in your way. I don't intend to be. I have honour."