63. Winter Coffee (Bonus 20)

Tristan was holding Vienna's waist as he was sitting next to her in the car. They had managed to get permission to leave for an early shopping trip. So it meant Tristan could spend more time with Vienna.

Vienna was looking outside the car windows but conscious of him holding her as she was responding to his touch getting cosy and comfortable with him. Normally she didn't lean onto him if she was at home and knew her parents could walk in. It was much easier when they were alone for them to be relaxed and be themselves. It could only get easier in college. But she knew well that she was not going to see much of Tristan in college. Not enough. He was busy. He had priorities. He was a symbol. He was a leader. He was an heir. Just like how Vincenzo was. Both Tristan and Vincenzo were too young for the positions they were appointed for but it seemed like whatever force was behind their appointment did it as a race for time. Being a leader was no reward. The responsibility could get them killed so they couldn't afford to trust many people or make mistakes.

Tristan inhaled her perfume as he was now kissing her hair "What are you thinking about Vienna? Tell me."

Vienna said "You."

Tristan kissed the side of her head "Me too. I am thinking of you too."

Vienna said "Well. I was actually thinking of you and also my big brother."

Tristan pulled away "Why do you think of him for? Has he been giving you a hard time since his return? He better not be... I will turn the car around and will deal with him right now..."

Vienna turned to Tristan catching his overly dramatic tone "He hasn't been bothering me. Come on Tristan. I was thinking of how crazy your lives are."

Tristan said "Everybody's life is crazy Vienna. Ours has a twist. We may not die of natural causes most likely unless we never stop watching our backs."

Vienna said "I know."

Tristan said "I am glad you do."

Vienna nodded and then looked away as she leaned on Tristan again. After a few moments of silence she said "Tristan. Does anything ever scare you in your life? Are you ever scared? I mean right now your life is so hectic and busy. Right now is there anything causing you to be scared?"

Tristan said "Yes. I do get scared."

Vienna asked "What scares you?"

Tristan said " Losing control."

Vienna laughed and pulled away and looked at Tristan "You never lose control. Why would that scare you? That's impossible."

Tristan said "Nothing is impossible. I just am aware of my self control. It takes one moment for it to slip away. Then there are consequences. Now that I have gained more responsibilities it does scare me more."

Vienna said "I don't think you will ever lose control."

Tristan said "Thank you for your trust in me. What about you Vienna? Does anything scare you?"

Vienna nodded "Yes Of course... Your self control. It's scary..." She then leaned close and kissed his lips. She then spoke between kisses "Last night. Your self control worked hard. My father was watching us. We just hugged and talked. No kissing."

Tristan chuckled as he kissed her more " Now you are making up for it."

Vienna said "No. I am making up for all the kisses that could have happened in the past few weeks but haven't because you were at work."

Tristan stopped and pulled away "Well. That's life. I will be away for a while again. Now that no one has found my uncle Jackson's body, I have to assume he is alive. I have to find my uncle dead or alive and I have to find every person who has aided him in his infamous stand off. He had help. I need to find him and all his accomplices."