32. The Irish King (Part 2)

Vienna felt a headache. Her head was so painful. She heard voices but could not see. It felt soft beneath her. It was as though she was laying on a bed.

The voices became clearer "Vienna sweetie. Please wake up. I know you can pull through..." It was her mother's voice.

Vienna then felt a warm hand on her forehead. She wanted to open her eyes but she couldn't. She wanted to speak but she found it hard to move her lips. She felt tired. Her head was hurting. She fell into a deep sleep.

The next time she woke up Vienna wasn't wasn't sure how long had gone by. But she managed to open her eyes. She registered her surroundings quick. She was in her room. She turned to the side and her head hurt "Ow." She saw her mother who seemed asleep on a bed that was never there before. What had just happened? Why was her mother sleeping there? There were syringes on her desk and medical equipment. Who was the patient? Was it her? Why? Her head hurt badly but she seemed fine enough to sit up. She felt sweaty. She looked around. She saw a water bottle on the table next to her. Her throat felt dry. She drank the water and then started coughing.

Adele woke up and screamed as she saw her daughter awake. She jumped up "Sweetie."

Vienna found herself crushed in her mother's embrace who was sitting on the edge of the bed squeezing her hard. Her mother was crying "I am so sorry sweetie. I am so sorry we couldn't protect you like we should have. I am so sorry ...."

Vienna was shocked. She breathed. "Mum... what's  happened... I was at Vanessa's birthday party... why am I here?." She was confused. She could remember the party but nothing came to mind to tell her how she got there. The pain in her head was not so bad. It was better. Her mother's embrace was the cure.

Adele was crying as she was embracing her daughter "I am so sorry sweetie.,, you were in an accident."

Vienna gasped "How? Where?"

Adele pulled away slightly "You went to comfort Angelia who was upset. You offered to ride with her to her home... You got into her car and ... her driver was a stranger who Viggo has not hired. Angelia had hired her. Without telling Viggo. The driver drove away fast with everyone in thaw who had noticed he was trying to kidnap you and Angelia. Well, wanted to kidnap Angelia but you ended up in the car too... There was an accident... You hit your head... You have been unconscious for 8 hours now.."

Vienna gasped "8 hours."

Adele wept "Yes. I am so sorry sweetie. There was an accident and we pulled you out... You didn't suffer any harm because you were wearing your seatbelt . So don't worry sweetie. The X-rays were fine. Your father was ... so angry ... He nearly killed some of my employees at the hospital for not working fast enough ... Thank the lord you are fine. Your father was calmer after I explained what the X-rays showed ... I had to repeat it five times . I am so happy you are safe... Your father said he will never let anything happen to you and will punish the guilty..." Adele then continued crying but got up and picked up some medication.

Vienna whispered "Mum. Is Angelia ok? Did she get hurt in the accident?" She was dreading the question. Her mum was crying so hard so it meant something bad had happened.

Adele spoke between sobs as she handed her daughter a glass of water and a tablet "Swallow this sweetie. It will help."

Vienna complied and asked "Tell me Mum."

Adele whispered tearfully "She is fine ... but ..."

Vienna said "But what Mum?"