27. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 2)

O'Neil arrived at his mansion. As he got off his car, he looked at the line of cars that belonged to his cousin Jackson. He sighed as he saw the devil himself walking towards him with his usual stone cold expression. As he approached him O'Neil asked "So, you are here to escort me to your mansion tonight to make sure I am there for Christmas Day. Is that it."

Jackson stood tall towering over him looking down at him "Is this how you greet your family now Terrence?"

Emanuelle looked around "Where in the world is Trent?" He was glancing up at the windows and waved at his wife who was watching him from the top floor "My wife is breathing by the looks of it. That's good to know you."

Jackson said "Terrence. She is not having difficulty breathing but you would be for certain if you don't look at me when I speak to you."

Emanuelle kept looking up away from him "I prefer to look at my wife. I haven't seen her for the past few days... You know how it is... Or is it you don't know... My apologies. I forgot you have no woman. All you have is a photo of her and her memories..." He then glanced at his cousin who looked like he wanted to chop off his head any minute. O'Neil put his hands up and took a step away " Alright. I am looking at you now."

Jackson gave him a menacing smile "You know... if you were not my blood I would have fed you to my feral dogs to be ripped to pieces... I would have enjoyed my dogs feasting on your flesh tonight as I watched..."

Emanuelle could totally believe him. The O'Kanes were known to hand out the most painful tortures that made the rosarios and O'Neil's look like saints. He nodded his head and decided against arguing. He declared "I am aware of it. Aren't I lucky?"

Jackson warned "Don't push me Terence ... Your son is my heir but he has duties to fork out punishments for disrespect. You need to show me respect Terence. You also need to show your son some respect... Disrespecting me is directly disrespecting him..."

O'Neil nodded as he put his hands on his hips in the same manner that Tristan normally did. He sighed "I am aware of that. I need to be dismissed to see my wife. I need to take care of my woman first.... But first tell me, where on earth is Trent?"

Jackson declared "He is at my mansion with my nephew, Jonas."

O'Neil asked "I put him here to protect this place? What made him leave? Who told him to leave?"

Jackson said "Tristan..."

O'Neil understood. Tristan did send a lot of summon calls to his younger brother through others. He had avoided a confrontation with him. But one was coming and he knew it. If his son thought his old man was going to change his family principles just because the O'Kanes said so he was wrong "Really? So you came here to protect my family home while my younger son reported to his older brother. What is he doing there now? Reporting doesn't take this long."

Jackson said "He is keeping my special guest company. He has family commitments. But ... You will see him briefly at church tonight."

O'Neil always looked forward to the Christmas Eve midnight Mass at church. But for some reason now that he was made to attend with Jackson it didn't sound that great to look forward to it. Jackson always spent Christmas in Boston. O'Neil always refused to go to him. But now he was suddenly in New York. He could t avoid Jackson and he didn't need to either way. Jackson had managed to get his son to run his empire. Jackson had won his sons loyalty which said a lot about Jackson. So there was no need to hide from this side of the family he wasn't so fond of. After all Jackson had never offered Francesco or any other Italian families an alliance. It didn't help that he was wounded by Anna too.

O'Neil shook off his thoughts "Tell me who is this special guest?"

Jackson said "Sergei Santiago."