58. Crossing Over (Bonus 15)

Andreas was standing behind a window in a building opposite where his mother was kept. He was looking through the strong lens of his binoculars assessing the distance.

Ambrogio was standing behind him as Andreas was trying to get as much information as possible by looking through the tinted windows.

Ambrogio said " You can get quite immersed in taking action

Andreas said "Action is necessary sometimes. No time should be wasted."

Ambrogio said "You are stubborn kid. So stubborn."

Andreas said "You could die you know. If I fail and we get caught by Jackson."

Ambrogio said "Possibly. Yes."

Andreas said "Well. My father wont trust you again to keep me safe. But if you die, you don't have to do anything anyway."

Ambrogio noticed the kid's dark humour coming through. There was definitely Agostini blood inside him running through his vains.

Ambrogio said "I will not need to keep you safe. You will turn eighteen soon and you will be the one protecting your father one day. He must let you make your own decisions. If Scorpious was my son he would not have been waiting so long to get a taste of freedom." He leaned down and put his hand on Andreas's shoulder "Your father must set you free."

Andreas said "I am free."

Ambrogio said "Then why did you have to threaten to go rogue if I didn't help you with your act of rebellion here. Your father didn't want you anywhere near the scene of action."

Andreas glanced Ambrogio. "I didn't make threats. I made vows." He then turned around and looked at the building "I dont like this. This is too easy... Why is it too easy? I can easily shoot from here." He then narrowed his eyes "The windows are anti bullets. They must be... When did they turn that building bullet proof. Either that or Jackson doesn't think anyone will attack from right here."

Ambrogio said "There is only one way to find out."

Andreas said "I need to be sure that the windows are not bullet proof. I need a close inspection."

Ambrogio said "If you want to shoot, then go ahead and shoot. You are safe here because they can't get in easily."

Andreas said "I have to get across. If the windows are anti bullets they have an advantage. Then I am wasting my time. I know that either way I have to cross over to do some damage or save my mother."

Ambrogio said "No."

Andreas said "This is pointless. My chances of slim in rescuing her from here. I can't do that much damage from here to distract them. I will have to go inside the building and will have to search it from top to bottom to find my mother."

Ambrogio said " How are you planning on getting inside.? You will walk through the front door of course. You will just turn up at the enemy's door step and they will guide you inside. Is that so?"

Andreas turned to look at his large brief case. He walked to it "I have equipment. I can get through the layers without being detected."

Ambrogio sighed "That easily?" He walked closer to Andreas "You will get caught. Then Jackson will have you and your mother. I can't ambush the building with either of you in it."

Andreas said as he started putting on his back pack "It's not my first time. Whatever you do, don't try to stop me. I told you if you don't help me, I will do this alone. At least you know where I am and what I am doing. This is the only way. I can't kill Jackson until my mother is out of reach. An Agostini in the hands of the enemy without protection is not ideal. They will kill my mother if I kill Jackson. They will butcher whoever kills their boss. I wish I could just wait for Jackson to come out and then take aim. If my mother wasn't inside we would have just lured Jackson out and would have killed him... Let the rescue  attempt begin."