speed skating (Max Verstappen)

You were walking around the track as a warming-up. You were about to skate the most important race of your life. Alongside you your best friend was running. He said he wanted to support you, just like you did that many times. He didn't want you to mess up due to being nervous.

You arrived at the point you had started again and you pressed a kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks Max." You said and he smiled.

"Kick some ass y/n!" He encouraged you and you chuckled.

"I'll try."

"You will." You smile and turn around, to walk to the area on the inside of the track. It was kind of busy and there were tons of interviewers asking several questions to the skaters.

"Y/n!" You turned around and looked at the interviewer with a polite smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling like I can give my best to see what kind of result it will give."

"You're diplomatic." The interviewer said and you laughed.

"Well, I need to be." You said with a wink and he nodded.

"One more question and then you can go. Who was the guy you ran around the track with?" Your mouth curved into a smile and you felt your cheeks heat up. You cursed yourself because of it, he was your best friend, nothing more.

"Max Verstappen, a formula one driver."

"That is not nothing. Is he your boyfriend?" You shook your head.

"No, he is my best friend, but nevertheless I am happy he is here. It means a lot to me." The man smiled and you walked further, greeting your skating friends and teammates on your way to a free spot to do some stretching exercises.

When you were done doing that you looked up to see Max standing with your family on the side of the track with a giant banner to cheer you on. 'Kick ass y/n! Go for gold!' There was on it and you chuckled. It would be amazing to win the golden medal at the Olympics, but you were young and you didn't think you would make it even to third place, but they definitely thought different about it. You put on your skates and started to do some warming-up laps before getting a little bit more speed. There were only about five more minutes before you had to stand at the starting line and you needed to have some energy left, so you went slower again. You were nervous like you had never been before. You tried to steady your breathing, but you had some trouble with it. You looked at Max and thought of what he had said. It brought a smile on your face and made you calm down. You had to go to the starting line and inhaled deeply.

"Go to the start." The started signaled for you and the other skater on the track to go to the starting line. You did so and positioned your skates looking straight forward. "Ready." You bend down in the starting-position and waited for the gunshot to follow and when it did you started to skate like your life depended on it. You had to keep yourself from starting to fast, because then you wouldn't have anything left for the finish. You skated the three kilometer and it would have to be at top speed all the time.

Around four minutes later you crossed the finish-line and you looked up to see that you had beaten your personal best. You threw your hands in the air and cheered. You could see your family plus Max go crazy. You chuckled and felt the hand of your opponent on your back. She congratulated you and you said that she did great too. She had an amazing time too, yours was just slightly faster. There were just three pairs left and all your heroes were skating now, so losing because of them would be an honor. You sat down on the side of the track to catch your breath. You were exhausted and your legs were killing you. Your coach sat next to you and together you looked at all the other ladies who one by one couldn't beat your time. Only four more drivers would have to skate, which mend you would be fifth, whatever would happen. It was way better than you gad expected and you were biting your fingernails and so did your coach. When the second last pair crossed the finish line you looked at your time and you started to tear up. You were on the podium! They hadn't been able to beat your time also and you were shocked. The last pair was busy and you could see your family celebrate your podium place already and Max was looking straight into your eyes. When you felt your coach's hands on your shoulder you looked at the times and your hands were in front of your mouth, tears rolling over your cheeks. You jumped in the arms of your coach and gave him a bone crushing hug. You skated to the others side of the track where you hugged one of your teammates and then excepted the flag they gave you and with your national flag above your head you skated a victory lap. The tears were still running down your cheek, but you didn't matter. When you saw Max next to the track, you skated towards him and threw your arms around him.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispered in your ear and he placed a kiss on your temple. He had a special pass so he could come closer to the track then the other visitors. Max pulled back from the hug and placed a kiss on your lips, catching you off guard, but you didn't mind. "Will you be my girlfriend?" You nodded and he wiped away your tears before placing another kiss on your lips. "Now they are waiting for you. You have to get your golden medal." He emphasized the word golden and you smiled brightly. You turned around and sat down again, taking your skates of and your shoes on, before running to the podium. The whole ceremony started and you missed most of it, until your name was called out. You jumped on the highest step and threw your hands in the air, turning a small round to look around the whole track. Right in front of you Max and your family were standing and you could see them freaking out completely. You bended down to receive your medal and when it was around your neck you held it up. The flowers were given and your national anthem was heard, making you tear up again. Third and second place stepped onto the highest step alongside you and you placed your arms around them for the press photo. You congratulated both with a hug and then stepped of. Talking to some interviewers and when you were finally ready with that you ran towards Max to end up in another bone crushing hug and kissing him. Your family stood beside him and smiled at the two of you.

"I love you." You said to Max.

"I love you too."

I know this wasn't one really related to F1 and just a little bit to Max, but I wanted to write one like this since it is my dream to become a professional speed skater and it has been in my mind today.

Merry Christmas by the way everyone! I hope everyone is with family or others they love and that you are having a good time! Love you people!