"Guys, who are involved?"

Driver: Nico Rosberg
Requested by: 

I'm so sorry I couldn't upload it last night, but I hope you don't mind too much. Get well soon!

It was the final race of the season, Abu Dhabi, one of your favourite races of the year. So far, as long as your fiancé would keep close enough to his main rival and teammate Lewis Hamilton, to not have him cross the twelve point bridge, Nico would become world champion.

He was lucky enough to have been in a car that was able to fight for podium positions, you, on the other hand, hadn't been so lucky. All year long, you had been struggling to get some points. Where your boyfriend had 367 points, you had a total of 3. The car had not been working the way you wanted it, but nevertheless, you had fun while driving around. You were the only woman in Formula One and you were grateful for even the opportunity to show what you could do in the highest class of single-seater racing. You knew other teams were looking at your results, so you knew that if you kept trying your hardest, one day you would get a better car to drive. 

The cars were on the grid, you had given Nico his 'lucky kiss' as the two always called it for fun, not caring it raised eyebrows everywhere you went. However, everyone who was on the grid more often had come to terms with it and didn't look up anymore when just mere seconds before every driver had to climb into the car, Nico started yelling and running towards the back of the grid. 

"Y/n! You forgot my lucky kiss!"

That had happened in Brazil two weeks ago, so now you had made sure not to forget it. Now in your car, your focus on the cars ahead of you as you started from fifteenth. Outside the point finishes, but close enough to have a good shot at yet another point finish, which you were really going to work for. 

The lights went on as a signal the warming up lap started. You let your car roll into a nice pace to warm up the tires to try and get some grip in them. You weaved from side to side a little and then took your place on the grid once again. You tried to slow your rapidly beating heart down in order to make your start as clean as possible. When the lights went out, you let your clutch slip and was quick to put your foot on the throttle. Within a matter of seconds, you were steering your car through the first corners and you were fighting for positions. You managed to gain two places in the opening lap and with a smile on your face, you drove the second. 

"That is p13 for the moment, nice first lap, next one up is Button."  

You let the team know you had heard the message and focussed on the McLaren in front of you to try and catch up with him. It took you ten laps to overtake him but you managed only to stay out for a few more laps to then pit to get a new set of tires. You came out in eighteenth and continued your charge for a point finish. In front of you were five drivers outside the top ten who were yet to pit, so you could skip those, there were only three drivers you had to overtake until you would score a point. In the 45th lap, you were side by side with Esteban Gutiérrez.

"Come on Y/n, you can do this. It's top ten if you pass him. You can back off for a little and try again later or wait for a mistake to happen."

Your heart skipped a beat as you realised what was now up for grabs. 

"I'm going to get him."  

You didn't care the other teams could listen to what you were saying as well. Let him get giddy over the fact you wanted his final place in the top ten and you were going to get it. 

"Alright, that's okay, just make it clean."

That you could do, so the next two laps, you did your very best to get closer to Gutiérrez and did so successfully.