Like your ex?! (Max Verstappen)

Hey everyone, I want to apolagize first of all. I haven't updated any of my stories in a while and a part of the reason why is because I have been super busy with school. I have to redo this year and have to catch up with some classes, so I am super busy. Secondly, I haven't had much inspiration, but I am going to try to update more often and still make sure the chapters and one shots are pleasant to read. I hope you get what I mean and I hope you will enjoy this one shot.

xxx

xxCraycraymofo, you requested this one and I hope you like it.

You walk through the airport, looking for Sophie, Max's mom.  You want to surprise your boyfriend. You haven't seen him in a while because of his crazy busy schedule, but when Victoria told you he would come home for a while you sent Sophie a text to arrange everything. You and Victoria get along great, and that is exactly the reason why you didn't want to arrange everything with her. You wanted to surprise her too.
"Y/n!" You hear and you turn around to see Sophie. You smile and walk towards her. She engulfs you in a hug and you hug her back. "It is so good to see you again." She lets go of you.
"It is great to see you too."  She smiles and together you walke through the airport to the exit. You place your suitcase in the trunk and get in the car. You sit next to Sophie and you enjoy the conversation you have. Max's family is an amazing one and you were excepted in it straight away and you felt at home immediately. "So how are you doing? Max told me you couldn't come over that often because of your study." You smile sadly.
"I am really busy with it yes, but what no-one knows is that I have an agreement with my teacher so I can get away more often. Her husband is also from a foreign country and she knows how hard it is to remain a relationship like this. So she lets me go every once in a while as long as I keep my grades up, which isn't so hard, the hardest part of the year I already passed with a B-minus." Sophie widens her eyes a little.
"That is great! Max will love to hear that!"

Soon you arrive at Sophie's and Victoria's home where Max is now staying too.
"I have to do some grocery shopping now, but I will be back before supper, can you tell Max and Victoria?" You smile.
"I'll try to remember it." You get out of the car and thank Sophie before you get your suitcase out and open the door with the key Sophie had given you just before you got of the car. You place it at the bottom of the stairs and make your way up, since you hear Max and Victoria are upstairs and I sounds like they are fighting. You stop in front of Victoria's door. They are in her room. You take a breath and then hear something you'd rather don't.
"My relationship with y/n is starting to turn out just like my one with Mikaela! She is starting to act like her!" Your eyes fill up with tears and you hear someone walking towards you, but you are to shocked to move. The door opens and in front of you stands the man that you thought loved you. He looks shocked.
"Surprise." You say, your voice breaking. You turn around and make your way down the stairs. You take your suitcase and leave the key on the stairs. You open the door and you close it behind you. When you are halfway through the street you hear someone yelling your name, but you ignore it.
"Y/n!" Max yells, but you keep walking. The rain starts to fall down, but you don't care if you get sick or not. You keep walking until Max grabs your arm and turns you around.
"Max I don't get it, if I am so much like Mikaela, why are you coming after me? You are supposed to be relieved. You told me you didn't want to be in such kind of a relationship anymore, so just let me go! This only hurts more..." You say and you look him in the eye. You give him a kiss on his cheek and leave him behind, astonished. You walk to the closest bus stop and get on the bus. You will stay in a hotel tonight and take a flight back home tomorrow. "A room for one please." You say when you stand in the lobby of a hotel. You feel your phone buzzing in your pocket, just like it did the whole trip here. The lady behind the service desk gives you the key of your room after you payed and you go to it. 

Later that night you hear your phone buzzing for the millionth time. You sigh and take it, hoping Max would stop calling you afterwards, he had been trying for three hours straight.
"What is it Max?" You ask. It is still audible in your voice you are crying.
"You are still crying?" Max asks the obvious.
"Yes I am." You say because you didn't feel like lying. He could know you are really hurt, maybe that will let him think twice before doing this to another girl. You hear him sigh on the other side of the phone.
"Please let my explain." You stay silent for a while. "I promise that if you don't believe me afterwards I will stop calling. I just want you to know the truth..." Another tear slips down your cheek.
"Go ahead."
"I was a little down..." Max starts and he tells you the whole story. From beginning to end. "You only heard the last bit and interpreted it wrong. I didn't compare you to her, just... Well I kind of did compare you to her, but just because Victoria..." He stays quiet for a while. "Actually, I don't really have an excuse for it... But I know it is not true. You are in no way like her and our relationship with you is nothing like the one I had with her. Just..." He sighs. "Never mind... I'm only making things worse I guess... Just know I love you." A small smile appears on your face as the tears are flowing down your cheeks, still.
"I love you too Max, but I have to go now." The both of you say your goodbyes and you let yourself fall back in your pillows. You over-think the whole conversation you just had with Max and decide to text Victoria to ask her how everything went.
Hey Vic... I was wondering, can you tell me what happened today? Max already told me and I believe him, but something is stopping me from coming to your place right now to make things up with him and I don't know what...

You place your phone beside you and you look to the ceiling. When your phone buzzes again you immediately take it and you see it is a response from Victoria.
Hey. Of course I can silly!

Victoria also tells you the whole story and somewhat you feel relieved that she told you exactly the same things as Max did.
I can get you are upset and maybe that is the reason you don't feel like coming right now, but just think about making it up before you leave. Don't do anything you will regret.

You think about what she says and then decide to go back to Max to make up for it tomorrow. If you have the courage to.

The next morning you wake up and get ready as fast as you can. If you and Max won't manage to make things up, you could still take the earliest flight back home. You look at yourself in the mirror and you decide you look decent enough to go outside. Your bags are hidden underneath a thick layer of make-up so they aren't visible anymore. As you start to get back to Max's house you feel yourself getting nervous. What if everything he told you last night was just so he wouldn't feel too guilty for the two of you separating? You shake your head and punish yourself inside your head for thinking that way. Max would never do such a thing. You take a deep breath and ring the bell when you stand in front of the house where you have to be. Max himself opens the door and you can see he is relieved you are here.
"Come in." He says and you get in, dragging your suitcase behind you. "We can go to the living room. Mom and Vic aren't home and won't be in a while." You nod and walk into the living room where you sit down on the sofa. Max sits down next to you and you look down at your hands.
"I'm sorry Max." You say after taking a deep breath. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so fast, I should have let you explain everything straight away." Max seems taken aback by your apology.
"You aren't the one who should say sorry! I am! I shouldn't have said these things in the first place. It was normal of you to think that way." You smile and look into his blue eyes you fell in love with the first time you saw them. "Can you forgive me?" He asks you and you smile even brighter.
"Of course I can." You say and now he smiles too. He places his hand on your cheek before connecting your lips with his. Your heart skips a beat and you feel happy again. Happy you are here with Max, sitting in his mothers home kissing him and that you didn't loose him.