Knight in shining armour (Marcus Armstrong)

This one was requested by 8daysaweeksucker I really hope you like it. I definitely had fun writing it, so thank you for that💕

Hockenheim, it was quite a trip from where you lived, but it was worth it to go and see Mick racing his final races of the season and, if he did well, you would see him become a European champion, just like his father. 

It was one of your favourite tracks to go, you loved the layout of the track and the atmosphere was always good, as was the party afterwards. 

"Ready for a good party, after all..."

"You still have to race and beat a certain Red Bull Junior." You smiled at your best friend and Mick rolled his eyes. You were never the one to be very optimistic, you would always keep him with his both feet on the ground. He himself was very grounded, but for the last bit, he could always count on you. "Well, you go do your warming up then." Just as you would walk away a tennis ball flew just past your head and you looked in the direction it had come from. 

"That one was supposed to hit Mick." 

"It did you morron!" You laughed and looked at Mick who was staring at the Kiwi. "Why the hell?!"

"You were drooling." Marcus winked and it resulted in puzzled looks from both you and Mick. 

"Why, if I may ask, would he be drooling?"

"He was looking at a very pretty young lady." Your cheeks flushed red and Marcus had a satisfied smirk on his face. 

"You do know she is like a little sister right? That would be weird. Besides, she likes someone else." Your eyes widened and you looked at Mick, a horrified look in your eyes as Mick suddenly realised what he had just done. "Shit, sorry." He looked at you with a pleading look, hoping you would forgive him. 

"Come on guys, please continue the warming up, we're on a tight schedule here." You were glad they would have to let it go, or well, that Marcus had to let it go. You knew the New Zealander a little and you recognized the look in his eyes. He would continue embarrassing you later. 

xxx

The first race didn't end the way either you or Mick wanted it. He came in twelfth, still without the championship. 

"You're just trying to make my heart stop!" You exclaimed as soon as you and Mick got a chance to talk. "You just freaking want me dead!" Mick laughed. 

"Don't worry, I don't want you dead."

"Do you need a knight in shining armour?" Marcus appeared out of nowhere and placed his arm around your shoulders. "Is Mick being a..."

"Don't even start Marcus. I think that over time Y/n has heard all your comments enough. I have." You stifled a laugh. It was true, Marcus always tried. 

"Well, I could do with a knight in shining armour, but it won't be to protect me from Mick, but it would be to keep me away from some particular things you tend to say and do." Marcus smirk quickly disappeared and you slipped away from him. "On the other hand, I'm doing just fine on my own." You winked, this time you had him standing there without knowing what to do. You had just switched roles and you liked it. 

xxx

In the end, Mick did win the championship and a big party was on. You were so proud, but even though you were pretty social, especially after a few drinks, you had decided to sit on the side, enjoy how happy Mick looked and it made you smile. 

"It was deserved. He really made a leap forward." You smiled up to Marcus. "Too bad I didn't get to win the rookie championship." You gently nudged his side.

"You'll get there, you're talented enough." 

"That could be the first nice thing you have said to me all weekend long. Maybe even the past few times I have seen you." You laughed. 

"Don't get used to it. Next time I will be back to my old self." You smirked. 

"Good." You frown. "I like it when you get all sassy and a little bitchy." I blush. "Do you want to dance?" Mick looked at you from the dance floor and he nodded. He knew more than he should but he accidentally found out when you were on the phone with your mother a little back. 

"I'd like that."

"What did you drink, you're actually being kind!"

"Will you please stop!" You laughed and accepted his hand. He let you to the dance floor and of course, the next song that started playing was a slow song. However, you didn't mind at all. 

"Not to be nosy or anything..." Marcus started and you shook your head. 

"You're always nosy silly, so just spit it."

"And there you are again." You shot the smirking Kiwi a look. "But when Mick said you already liked someone, who was he getting at?"

"Well..." To keep Marcus from seeing the scarlet red blush on your face, you hid your face in his shirt. 

"Is it that embarrassing?" He stroked your hair reassuringly and placed a kiss on your head. It made your knees go weak. He had no idea of what kind of effect he had on you.

"You." The fabric of Marcus' shirt muffled the sound and made Marcus wonder whether he had actually heard it right.

"What did you say? I don't think I heard you right. I thought you said you." You set a step back and looked Marcus in the eyes as you bit your lip. "I heard it right didn't I?" Your lips curled up in a shy smile. "Oh doll, why did you never tell or give me a hint to it?" The look in his eyes changed as he smiled at you and then leaned in to kiss you. It made a whole zoo of butterflies erupt in your stomach. "Then I would have done this so much earlier." He lovingly tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "So much earlier." He kissed you again and Mick, who was dancing a few meters away smiled fondly at the couple. He knew about the feelings of both of his friends and he knew Marcus would take good care of you. He most certainly approved of the relationship, maybe also in the hope that he would get to see his best friend more often.