age is just a silly number (Nico Rosberg)

ErikaWinnchester and xxCraycraymofo requested this one and I hope everyone likes it!

Keep requesting!

You walk through the paddock on your way to the Mercedes garage, where you were most of the time. You and Nico have been secretly dating each other. The both of you don't really want to do it in secret, but you are afraid of what the people will say about you. After all Nico is 31 and you just turned 21. You are afraid they will call you a gold digger, which is false: you genuinely love Nico. When you arrived in the garage, Nico immediately drags you somewhere private.

"Y/n, I can't keep this up much longer!" He says frustrated and you know he is talking about keeping your relationship a secret. "I want to be able to tell everyone who wants to hear it, or not, that you're mine and now I have to bite my tongue every time someone asks why I don't have a girlfriend yet or if I like someone." You look down at the floor. You know you had a hard time keeping it a secret, but Nico must have it a lot worse, he has to do interviews and some times they could get really personal and he can't avoid these questions for ever.

"Lets tell them then. If that is what makes you happy." Nico is surprised you gave in so easily, he had thought he would have to convince you, but the opposite just happened.

"Are you sure?" You look up to him and nod. He sees that you are slightly scared and he pulls you in for a hug. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they won't hurt you. I'll protect you." You bury your face in his shirt and smile.

"Then tell them whenever you want." You look him in the eyes again and soon his lips are pressed against yours, unfortunately a camera just has to pass by and films the kiss. When you pull back you give him a quick peck before you turn around to go to your family who are on one of the tribunes.

"Will I see you after the race?" Nico asks and you nod.

"I'll be next to the podium when you finish on it." Nico smirks and you continue your way.

"I'll get there for you." You walk away with a smile on your face and you somehow make your way to the tribunes without any questions. When you sit down next to your father, a lot of people are looking at you and it makes you feel really uncomfortable.

"Why are they all looking at me?" You ask your father and he looks at you with your eyes widened.

"You don't know why?" He sounds really surprised and it makes you even more nervous.

"Dad..." You say and you look at him.

"You just kissed Nico..." Now it is your turn to look surprised.

"How... When... I don't get it..."

"So it is true?!" Your cheeks heat up and you nod. "Y/n! He is in his thirties! You are just in your early twenties!" You look down, you expected this reaction. "When your mother finds this out!" you look to the track where the drivers drive the cars around the lap for the formation lap. Your uncle, who sits on the other side of you places a hand on your back. You look at him and see him smile, to reassure you it would be fine. Nico does an amazing job and wins the race. You get to the podium as fast as you can and the Mercedes team-members from both Nico and Lewis make sure you get to the front. They know you and Nico are close, but not you are in a relationship. When you are in front Nico parks his car and gets out. Hugging you and then going to his engineers. It is one happy celebration and you can't help but smile, even though the things your dad said are still replaying in the back of your head.

When Nico finally gets back in his garage you are sitting there, tears running down your cheeks. What you were afraid of is actually happening. People are questioning why you are in a relationship with Nico and don't believe you when you say you actually love him. Even your father didn't believe you were really in love with him, he doesn't understand that even though there is a huge gab between the age of you and Nico you can still be in love.

"Liebling..." He starts, thinking he knows the reason why you are crying."Don't pay any attention to what all these people say, we know the truth." You shook your head.

"That is the least that bothers me. Dad doesn't believe me and is mad at you and me..." Nico frowned.

"Your dad doesn't believe you?!" He almost yells. You nod. "I am going to take care of that right now. I told some people in interviews we genuinely love each other and people shouldn't say things like that, so now it is your dad's turn. Where is he?" Nico is not amused at all. You shrug your shoulders.

"The hotel I think." He nods and says to an engineer he is going to the hotel and then drags you along him. While walking you try to fix your make-up and hair. It doesn't take long before you are in the hotel and stand before your fathers room. Nico nods politely on the door. When your father opens the door you feel yourself tension up and Nico squeezes your hand.

"What are you doing here? I thought I made it clear to you y/n I don't approve this relationship you have with him." You looked down again, your eyes filling with tears, why couldn't he be happy for you. You hear some sounds coming out of your fathers phone and your father puts it on speaker. "Lets get in so we can discuss this situation." He said, but he did it without much joy. You and Nico sit down on the bed and your father stands in front of you. Nico's thumb draws soothing circles on your hand and you smile at him.

"Y/n, can you tell me what exactly is going on? Your father tells me you have a boyfriend." You look at Nico.

"I do mom."

"Your father also told me he is too old for you. How old is he?"

"I am 31 ma'am." Your mother stays quiet and you wish you could know what is going through her head.

"Are the two of you happy? Is he taking good care of you? Has he ever hurt you?"

"Yes we are happy, yes he is taking good care of me and no he has never hurt me and I believe he will never do so." Nico squeezes your hand again and again there is an awkward silence.

"When can I meet you son?" You smile, thank goodness your mother is less forward with saying she doesn't like it. "Cause I can't say whether I don't approve the thing that is going on between the two of you."

"In two weeks I have the next race, but I am sure I can stop by for a couple of days. If that is okay with you ma'am." You smiled at how polite Nico was. You know it hurt him just as much as it does you.

"That is fine with me and y/f/n let them be and just make sure y/n doesn't get hurt. Nothing more, nothing less." You slightly smile and you look at your father hopefully. He agrees and now it you squeeze Nico's hand.

Two weeks you walk through the paddock with Nico, hand in hand. Your mother wasn't sure at first, but in just three days Nico showed her he really loved you and convinced her and even your dad gives the two of you a chance. Your social media still blows up with all kind of threads and offending things, and Nico's with warnings about you being a gold digger, but you both ignore it. You were with your boyfriend and he made you happy, cause after all. Age is just a silly number.