Rally (Max Verstappen)

Okay, so here's the thing, I can't find who requested this one shot anymore so I don't know who to tag here😂 but if you read it and recognise it: here you are and I hope you like it.😇

Further I thought I had posted this one a loooong time ago, sorry about that, but I'm trying to update more often again.

You walk to your car, not a normal one, no it isn't one that drives on the road or on a track, but one that drives through the mud and dirt, a beautiful rally car, covered in stickers with the names of you sponsors. You are nervous. It is your first rally, it isn't the most difficult rally, but the atmosphere is amazing, all in all it is a great rally to start your career. You father hands you your helmet and you take it. He gives you a kiss on your forehead and you can see he proud.

"I am going to make you proud dad." Your father has always been there for you when you wanted to start racing rally cars. 

"You already make me proud." You smile and get ready for your first race. You don't expect too much of it. You want to get more experience and have fun. You get into your car and you start the engine. You smile appears on your face, you loved the sound of it, and you drive to the start. You start your drive and with your best friend, Thomas, next to you you find your way past bales of hay and when you almost miss a turn you start to laugh. 

"Oops." You yell. Thomas looks at you and shakes his head. You are crazy and you know it. Faster then you expected you cross the finish line. You park your car and get out.  A person you know really well from the television walks up to you, Thomas sees it and gives you a small nudge.

"Well done man!" Max says. "You want to go and have a beer tonight?" You frown, does he think you are a man? You smile and take off your helmet, curious about his reaction. Just like you expected he is surprised, his eyes widen and you grin. "Or another drink of course!" He corrects himself and his cheeks heat up.

"It is okay." You say smiling. "It has happened before, but it just proves even though you drive good you don't have to be a man." You wink and see that Max cheeks still are bright red.

"Let me make it up to you!" Max said and you nodded. "Where are you staying? I'll pick you up at seven." You look at the time, a giant clock is on the top of a tower close to the place your stand. It is five o'clock now. Enough time for you to get ready, to shower and put on clean clothing

"Sure!" Max smiles and put in his phone where you are staying. "I'll see you tonight." You say with a smile and turn around to walk to your father who was standing next to the car, talking to Thomas, but you can see that both of them had kept an eye on you. "What are you looking at?" You ask the two of them and lean against the car. "Is it interesting to look at?" 

"You were just talking to Max Verstappen and he asked your number?!" Thomas looked at you wide eyed.

"Not exactly, yes I was talking to him, but he didn't ask my number." Thomas frowns. "He asked me where I was staying so he could make it up to me, but if you two would excuse me, I have to get a shower, I don't want to smell like this when Max comes to pick me up." 

"Before going anywhere." Your father says and he pulls you in a tight hug. "I am proud of you. You know that right?" You smile. 

"I know dad." You say and you free yourself from his grip. "We did great." You give Thomas a high-five and he laughs. You walk to the hotel, which is luckily close to the start and finish. You decide to go for a simple outfit: some white skinny jeans and a baby blue loose top. You put your hair in a high pony tail and you apply some make-up. You look in the mirror and smile satisfied. You didn't look that bad. You grab your phone and look at the results. The rally is over and you are curious where you have ended eventually. Eleventh, just outside the top ten. You smile when you hear a knock on your door. You open it to see Max standing there, holding a small bouquet of different flowers. 

"Hey." He says and he hands you the flowers. You look at them with a slight blush on your face. A boy has never given you flowers before. "Are you ready?" He asks and you nod. You leave all your belongings, except from your phone. 

"Where are we going?" Max grins. 

"You'll see, it is near the place I am staying and it looked kind of nice, but I have no idea if it actually is nice." You start to laugh. 

"Nice research done Max, but maybe I know, I used to come here with my father to watch." 

"Not last year driving?" Max asks with a playful grin on his face.

"Unfortunately not, this was my debut, so no other races for me." Max eyes widen. 

"This was your first rally?" You nod. "Wow! That is amazing!" You feel your cheeks burn up again. Max pushes you slightly to the left to make you take the right turn as you walk to the city center. "Have you always wanted to race?" Max asks and the two of you end up in a conversation about cars and racing and soon it feels like the two of you have know each other for years. You don't even make it to the bar you were going to drink something as the two of you just keep walking and talking. You walk through a park and next to a lake. Max stops and you do too.

"What's up?" You ask, wondering if you have said something wrong.

"Nothing... It is... Never mind." You frown and Max takes a deep breath. He sets a step forward and places his hand on you cheek, making butterflies fly through your stomach. He looks you deeply in your eyes and leans in. You do the same and your lips touch. This day can not get better. You just rode your rally debut and now you were kissing an extremely hot formula one driver, what could go wrong?