Letter (Daniel Ricciardo)

Hey guys, this one was requested by MelissaS4 I really hope you like it. 

Okay, WHO OF YOU HAS A MICK SCHUMACHER FANFIC?! I seriously can't find any besides two one shots and on other sides neither, so I'm going to cry now since I am falling for that guy.......

You walked after Daniel into the building that functioned as the venue of the party for that night. You were wearing a white dress with a blue design on it that complimented your figure perfectly and brought the colour of your eyes out. You had kept your make up fairly simple, as you didn't really like to smear to many products on your face. 

The occasion of the party was Daniel's victory here in Monaco. 

"Hey Dan." Daniel was immediately dragged away and you chuckled. He was so happy with this win, the second he saw you he had dragged you over the fence and had hugged all the oxygen out of your lungs. 

You walked to the bar and ordered yourself a non-alcoholic drink. You looked around, almost all of the drivers were there and even some of the already retired ones. They had all brought their wife or girlfriend if they had them and they all looked so gorgeous as they were smiling and laughing. 

"How are you doing darling?" Daniel's mom walked up to you. 

"Daniel invited you too?" You asked in surprise. "Be warned, I don't know if you have ever attended one of these parties or have heard of them, but Daniel tends to go all out." She chuckled. 

"Don't worry, I'll just say he is adopted." The two of you laughed and talked for a while, but around twelve, she left to say goodbye to Daniel. You remained at the bar and when you stood there by yourself, you started to get very self-conscious and questioned the way you looked. You were nowhere as skinny as most others there, your skin wasn't as smooth and you didn't have the curves you wanted. Your eyes started to water and you decided to head home, by yourself. No one would miss you anyway as the only person who you had talked to all evening was Daniel's mom and no one had made the move to talk to you.

Just to make sure Daniel wouldn't get worried, you walked up to him to tell him you were going home. 

"Dan, I'm going home, I don't feel too well." You whispered in his ear and Daniel nodded before turning back to his friends. 

Even though you understood him, you had hoped he would have asked you if he had to join you. It wasn't like you were going to let him either, but the idea of Daniel not even offering kind of hurt you.

With a heavy heart, you walked home. Were you not as good as the other girls that were at the party? Were you even good enough to be called Daniel's girlfriend? The questions were haunting you more than ever. For a while, you had been struggling with your own body or at least the acceptance of it. 

When you were home, you looked in the mirror. You definitely didn't look like any of the girlfriends as almost everyone was either a model or an actress. Tears were once again burning in your eyes. You changed into your pyjamas and curled yourself into a ball on your side of the bed. You sobbed silently and hoped the pain would go away, you would just fall asleep to either never wake up or to wake up as a gorgeous human being. 

xxx

When Daniel got home, he could see - even in his drunken state - that you had been crying and he immediately knew that he should have gone home with you. You had been in one of your moods again where you didn't think you were pretty enough. He sighed. He wanted to prove once and for all that he loved her just the way she was, but he didn't know how. Eventually, he came up with an idea. He took a piece of paper and started writing. 

Dear, lovely and most of all beautiful y/n,

I know why you went home and I'm sorry I didn't go with you. I should have been there for you but instead, I was partying the night away.

He bit on the back of the pen. He wanted this to be the perfect letter for you to show he really thought you were the most beautiful creature ever created. 

I know you don't think you are pretty enough, but let me tell you this: I have never seen such a pretty girl in my life. You are prettier than all the models, prettier than the actresses, prettier than all the women on social media. 

You are my life, my world, my everything.

Your smile does more to me than the adrenaline that courses through my veins when I reach top speed in my car.

Your tears hurt more than crashing into a wall at top speed.

Your eyes are brighter than the sun.

All in all, you are perfect just the way you are and I love you so much. I am so lucky to be the man you gave your heart to and I hope I can make you happy by giving you mine. Trust me, I sometimes doubt if you don't deserve a guy who can be with you all the time and doesn't have to travel from one side of the world to the other, leaving you behind every time. It kills me to know that every time, you are afraid I might find someone else, but to be honest, I am just as afraid.

Just know that I will forever love you,

Daniel

All of a sudden the words seemed like they had been in his mind for ages like he had overthought the letter at least a dozen times and had rewritten it at least thrice. He read it through and decided it was good enough, better said, better than he had expected. He put it in an envelope and wrote y/n's name on it. He smiled. He had the perfect idea of what to do with it. He got changed, set an alarm and crawled into bed to fall asleep soon after. 

xxx

When you woke up Daniel wasn't there. It seemed like he had been since there was a tray with breakfast on his side of the bed with an envelope with your name on it. 

This is it. He is going to break up with me...

With shaking hands, you opened the envelope and got the letter out. Somewhere around the third sentence, you started to cry. How did a guy like him even exist? He was so adorable! When you finished reading the letter, you got out of bed. 

"Dan?! Daniel?!" You screamed and downstairs you heard a door open. You sprinted out of Daniel's and your bedroom and ran down the stairs, straight into his arms. "I love you, dork." Daniel chuckled. 

"I love you too my pretty angel. 

Taglist:
FuvkinKillMe
Thclouds
sebvettgirl
AshleyDorina
saoirse98
sams2244989
Hollyxxxxxxxx
tamarastalenhoef
Taaaaamz
MariGraceRose
GallyChuky
nic_nadzwyczajnego_
MariaThepld
Cxlinapxh
alanwildersemulator
DesignatedFangirl