Monaco (Charles Leclerc)

This one was requested by tami_udvardy I really loved this one shot, mostly because I really love Charles hehe, but also because the idea was wonderful. 

Please keep requesting these lovely one-shots, I have quite some on my list, but soon I will be done with school for a little so I will have too much time to write haha

You walk with your boyfriend through the airport. He has spent a couple of days at your place, but the two of you had decided to get away from there for a while to go to a little warmer country, with a whole lot better view: Monaco. You had always wanted to go there, but you never really got the chance. Now you had a reason to go there, however, seeing your boyfriend was a Monegasque. 

His hand was holding yours tightly as he guided you through the mass of people to the exit of the airport he knew all too well. When outside you felt the warmer Monecan air heat up your skin which was cold thanks to the air conditioning inside. You had been prepared for the warmer weather, with a little help from Charles by reminding you of the current time of year and the climate of the country. You were wearing a cute jumpsuit and you had braided your hair in a Dutch braid. You got to the parking lot and got into Charles's car: a beautiful Stelvio Quadrofoglio.  

"Ready?" He asked you when you both had fastened your seatbelts and you smiled brightly. 

"Ready." He brought the engine to life and drove away, onto the roads of Monte Carlo. You were looking forward to seeing his family again. You had met them before and liked them a lot, you and Arthur - Charles's younger brother - had gotten along so well and had so much fun, it felt like he was your own younger brother. That all in just the five days you saw them around the track of Canada. 

You wanting to see his family again was the exact reason why it felt like Charles drove you around for ages, even though you loved the looks of Monaco already. Everything had just such a beautiful look over it, which couldn't really be described in words. 

"Here we are." Charles finally said and within a few seconds you were out of the car and you could hear a door open and you heard Pascalle's voice. You walked up to her, throwing your arms around her. 

"It is so good to see you again." She said and you smiled. 

"It is great to see you again too. Ever since we decided to go here it took ages before we finally touched down." Pascalle chuckled. 

"Let's get inside. Charles will take care of your luggage." 

"Hey!" Charles exclaimed, but when his mother gave him a stern look and you pouted he gave in pretty fast. "Fine, but don't expect me to do it every time!"

"Who carried whose bag into the car when we were leaving my place?" You asked him and Charles quickly turned around to grab the bags without saying another word. "That's what I thought." You mumbled, with a smile on your face. 

xxx

"Monaco is absolutely gorgeous," I whisper as we walk through the streets of Monaco. "I can so see you as a little boy running to catch the bus." Charles starts to laugh. 

"Well, that took an unexpected turn." He pulled you onto his side. "My dad would always take me to the harbour. We would get onto a boat and would go swimming with my brothers." You looked at him, he was smiling, but you could see his eyes were watering. "I just..." You squeezed his hand. You knew it was tough on him, still.

"Why don't we get a boat and go out." I not towards the horizon. "Just the two of us." Charles agrees without a hesitation. "We have our own boat there, so we'll just get that one." Luckily, Charles knew where the spare key was in the boat so you didn't need to get back to the house to get the key. You got onto the Mediterranean Sea and Charles stopped the boat. You both got onto the deck and leaned on the edge, looking at Monaco from the water. It was somewhere around eight in the afternoon and the sun was starting to get lower and lower. 

"I really miss him..." You looked at him and saw a lonely tear wander down his cheek. "I have had him, and Jules for that matter, at my side through my entire career. Every step they were with me. Then Jules died before I could even make my debut in Formula 2 and dad before I even signed for Formula 1..." He kept his gaze on the city which slowly started to glow up in the orange light of the sun. "I'm just glad I got to tell him is signed for an F1 team, even though it wasn't true at that point yet." You took his hand and squeezed it, which finally made him look at you. He was now full on crying and you took him in your arms, gently rubbing his back. "It is just so weird, whenever I am home, especially when we get on this boat for a little trip, I feel so connected to him. I have the same thing when I go to drive a cart on the track of Jules's father. He stepped out of your embrace. "I just... I feel close to them or something." Your heart broke for your boyfriend. You couldn't understand how someone so loving, so caring, so kind had to put up with so much in his young life. He was only twenty and had already lost two of the most important people in his life, his best friends, his role models, his father and godfather. 

"It is not weird at all Charles." You said, wiping the tears from his cheeks as you were blinking to prevent some tears from falling down your cheeks. "It is normal." He looked at you, his watery eyes only making your heart shatter into more pieces. 

"One more thing..." Charles started and you nodded. You would listen to him for an eternity if it only made him feel slightly better. "I know they would be proud of me." You smiled. "Not just because I have made it to Formula One and I am starting to get the hang of it, but also because I found myself a girl who truly loves me, even at my worst." Now the tears were falling from your eyes as well. "Someone who makes me smile when I am broken when all I want to do is sit and cry." He looked at you with that loving look in your eyes he only got when he looked at you. "I am sure they would have been more than happy to let you into our family, into our hearts." You threw your arms around Charles's neck. This was probably the sweetest thing he had probably ever said to you. "I love you y/n." He said. 

"I love you too Charles, more than anything in this world."

Taglist: 
GallyChuky
sebvettgirl
AshleyDorina
princesa-rafinha
jeannetx
MariGraceRose
DesignatedFangirl
Marie270600
VettelFerrari
Hufflepuff_f1
LeclercFtArtem