I'm going to kick your ass

Okay, this isn't as good as I had hoped, but nevertheless, here it is

Finally, the season had started again. The Australian Grand Prix had been amazing and you had enjoyed all of it. You had been in the McLaren pit box the entire time, enjoying the whole experience of your boyfriend's very first Formula One race. He had done great for a first race and you were happy his car had held up until he crossed the line, because ever since Carlos Sainz' car broke down with an MGU-K failure you had been anxiously watching the screens, waiting for Lando's car to catch fire. 

"Are you ready?" You looked at one of your closest friends, Artem Markelov, as you walked to the pit box. The weather was quite nice here in Bahrein and you enjoyed it a lot, however, now in your racing suit, you were already starting to sweat and you weren't even in your car yet. 

"Of course I am. I am totally ready to kick that sorry ass of yours." Artem laughed and you gently nudged him before slipping inside the garage as he opened the door. 

"How rude." He said and you winked. You walked to your side and took your helmet and balaclava. You braided your hair to make sure it was not in your face or sticking out of your suit and then put your helmet on.

Your heart started to race as you were feeling the nerves. It was the first race of the Formula Two season and you were the expected champion as last year you had been doing such a great job. As you watched the engineers finish up what they were doing so you could get into the car, you felt a hand on your shoulder. 

"Hey, you don't have to be nervous. Yes, there are a lot of expectations from you, especially now you are linked to Formula One even more because you are a reserve driver, but you can do this. You are an amazing driver and I believe in you." Within your helmet, you teared up and because you had lifted your visor, Lando could see it. 

"Thank you..." You whispered it, but because of your helmet he heard you said something, but he couldn't make out what. Thankfully Lando wasn't stupid and he knew you, so he knew what you said. He smiled and took your hands and places a kiss on your knuckles. 

"You can do this." You smiled and walked to Artem. It was normal for both of you to wish each other luck by hugging each other. 

"I am going to kick your ass you silly Russian." You said and Artem laughed. 

"We'll see about that." You hid your nerves until they were actually gone as the lights turned off and you brought the car up to speed, right into the first corner. You passed two of the drivers in front of you to only have three more left to pass. 

In upper concentration, you drove, coming closer and closer to that highest step on the podium as you passed your opponents. Around the final laps, you had caught up with the leader of the race enough to put him under serious pressure until in the first corner of the final lap you could make a move that stuck.

Proud you came over the finish line. The first victory of the season was yours and you were over the moon. Lando had been right. You shouldn't have worried that much. You had talent and if you would keep your cool, you could show it. 

Right as you parked your car on the right position you started fiddling with all the straps keeping you in place. You jumped out of the car and ran to Lando as he was standing with your team. You took off your helmet and jumped into his arms. You were happy you got to get your first victory, while Lando watched you. 

xxx

The final race of the season, the final opportunity to get back to the first position in the championship race. After the first race, the second went less and the ones after that even worse. Luckily you managed to get better results after the summer break and it didn't take long before you were almost in the lead again. But not quite yet. You were one point behind in this final race. A first place would secure your championship if you were to get less, you would have to finish above your rival above all else.