One minute

requested by: littlemissunnoticed
Driver:
Max Verstappen
Plot: First race he takes you (Paige) to

For a few months, Paige and Max had been dating. They had kept everything under the radar and the only people who knew they were now officially together were the people closest to them. Not even his team knew about the now existing relationship as Paige and Max were going to tell them the first time Paige was going with him to a race.

They hadn't done it straight away as the two of them wanted to have a stronger relationship before throwing all the attention into the mix and with that a lot of pressure and criticism. But now, after a few months, they both believed the bond they had was strong enough for what would come their way when they made their relationship public.

"Don't be so nervous." Max chuckled slightly as Paige tucked on her skirt.

"Isn't it too short? I don't want to come off like a slut."

"Don't worry, it isn't." Max tried to calm her and gave her a kiss on the back of her hand. "It looks amazing on you and it is the perfect outfit for today." Paige let a deep breath slip. She was really nervous. Not necessarily for making their relationship public, but more to have to meet the people Max was close to on track, he spent all his time with on the track, what if they wouldn't like her. It would mean that her visits to the garage would get awfully uncomfortable.

They arrived at the track and Max and Paige got out of the rental care and Max was quick to walk around the car and take a hold of her hand.

"You have nothing to be afraid of." He reassured her once again. She smiled faintly and then they walked towards the entrance where they showed their passes and were let through without much delay.

"Max, who is this lovely girl?" One minute. It took one minute of quiet before the storm began since Lando Norris, the kid of the grid, was the first to notice Max was holding some girl's hand. And he knew for sure it wasn't his sister as she didn't look like Paige did. He would recognize her in an instant. And when it was said storm, it truly was a storm because when Lando knew, it didn't take long before everyone knew.

"Max, is it true, is she your new girlfriend."

"Hey Max, I heard you have brought a girl. Finally found one who can cope with your character?"

"Max, your girl is truly gorgeous, you don't mind me stealing her from you, right?"

"So, Max finally found someone crazy enough to love you?"

"Hey, I heard you stole our little mad Max's heart."

Everyone would start coming up to Max and Paige and it would happen within a matter of an hour, but they couldn't lie to Lando, after all, they would tell everyone somewhere during the weekend. The only thing that would be different than what they had planned was the speed at which everyone knew.

"She's my girlfriend." Max proudly said and Lando raised his eyebrows.

"Really, you finally managed to find someone up to your insane standards?" Max rolled his eyes.

"Well, yours are even higher apparently, or you're just too much of a dork to find a girl."

"There is nothing wrong with being a dork Lando, never mind Max. Chicks dig it." Lando started laughing and raised his hand for Paige to high five. She did so.

"I like her Max, I truly do. You have good taste in women."

"Yeah whatever, now piss off before I don't have a girlfriend anymore because apparently girls like dorks and I don't think there is anyone who is a bigger dork."

"I know one," Paige stated and Lando raised his eyebrow, as did Max.

"You do?!" They said in unison.

"Yeah, he is afraid of another dork to take his girlfriend while he is clearly not her type." She winked to Lando who started to laugh.

"I think I found a new best friend."

"Okay, that's enough. Bye Lando!" Max grabbed her hand and took Paige with him.

"Bye Lando, maybe I'll see you around!"

"For sure, I'm not going to let my new best friend get away like that." Max groaned and she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Don't worry, he is no competition. He's not even close to it. You're too perfect for me to even have any competition." It seemed to calm Max down and a smile broke through again.

"That's a relieve to hear."

"Hey, Max!" Daniel Ricciardo walked up to his former teammate. "I just ran into Lando. He told me your girlfriend is his new best friend. Since when do you have a girlfriend?!" Then he turned to Paige. "You must be the girl Lando was talking about." He looked at her from the top of her head to her toes. "Lando was right about you being gorgeous. He also told me you were funny and you actually got dragged away from him without being able to tell him your name." You laughed.

"Hi, nice to meet you too, I'm Paige." Paige extended her hand and Daniel shook it.

"It's a pleasure, I'm Daniel."

"Can I ask you for a favour?" Paige asked and Max crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't like everyone seemed to get along that well with his girlfriend. Yes, he wanted her to be liked, but not this much. After all, she was still his girlfriend. Not theirs.

"Tell me, I'll see what I can do."

"Come back to Red Bull, I need Maniel back." Daniel started laughing.

"You actually want to share your boyfriend with me?"

"I just love Maniel ever since the two of you became teammates. It's how I ended up watching formula one and then met Max, so yes, I would share Max with you because it is how I met him." Daniel started to smile.

"Awe Max, look we have a fan!" Max chuckled but was quick to pull you against his chest the second Daniel seemed to put an arm around you. "I guess I'll leave you two be. I have things to do anyway. I'll see you lovebirds around."

It took you a little to get to Max's place within the motorhome as Lando seemed to have told everyone and they all wanted to get to know Paige a little.

"Finally." Max closed the door behind him. "I know you are a very beautiful girl with charms and a kind character, but not everyone needs to find that out for themselves and try to take..."

"No one is going to take me away from you Max." Paige placed her arms around his neck and looked him deep into his eyes. "I know you are the jealous type and I know that's partially because you are afraid you are going to lose me, but I'm not going anywhere. Not now, not in a minute a month or anywhere in the future. I'm here to stay Max. You know why? You are the perfect one for me, I will never find anyone who is suited better for me."