Master of breaking promises(Daniel Ricciardo)

Hey guys! Here is another one shot! I hope you like it sams2244989 especially you since you requested it :)

The smell,

you hated it.

The white walls,

you hated them.

The silence,

you dreaded it.

Silence would mean the monitors in the room would be turned off.

The long, high and monotone sound the monitors could make,

you were terrified of the thought they could make the sound any minute.

It would mean the monitors had lost the pulse they were monitoring,

which would mean your boyfriend had no pulse.

"Come on Dan..." You whispered. "Wake up, you have to make up with me." You were holding Daniel's hand, it was limb, just like the rest of his body and it had been since his accident a week ago in Baku. "You still don't keep your promises Ricciardo, you still forget about them. Just like when we met four years ago." You smiled at the memory. The first time you met him: it seemed like it was an eternity ago...

"Y/n come on, I want to go to Nice!"

"But I want to go to Monaco!" You argued your best friend. "You promised me we would go there!" It was your last full day on the southern coast of France, where you were staying in a small town between Nice and Marseille, which meant Monaco close too. You were a total motorsports lover and there had been one thing on your to-do list for that vacation: visit one of the most historic Formula One cities of the world. Your best friend had promised you would go there since it was your only wish, but so far, you hadn't set a foot in the small country. 

"Fine, you win! We are going to Monaco. Next time I am deciding where to go though." You smiled. Finally, after wanting to go there for so long, you would finally go."

"She really didn't want to go Dan but I am glad she had to agree since she promised me." Beside the rhythmic sounds of the monitors, there was still no sound.

"Let's go to the harbour!" You had looked at Monaco so many times on Google Maps, you knew exactly where to go. Plus, you knew the Monacan track by heart and since you were at the iconic hairpin, you knew where to go to end up in the harbour. You had taken a countless amount of pictures and you knew only a handful would be worth keeping, nevertheless, you kept going. Down in the harbour, there were boats going in and out, the weather was way better then they had forecasted, so there weren't a lot of tourists in Monaco, which meant you could enjoy the city even more. 

"Oh my goodness..." Your best friend whispered. "Isn't that Daniel Ricciardo?" Your eyes widened. Where?! Your friend wasn't as interested in formula one as you were, but she watched it with you sometimes, especially because of the handsome drivers there were on the grid, Daniel being one of them. You looked around to see if you could spot Daniel and when you did you gasped. He was wearing sunglasses, a dark blue T-shirt and white shorts, which showed his tattoos. 

"How can he possibly be this handsome?" You asked your best friend who chuckled. 

 "Shall we walk up to him?" She asked. "If we time it right, we can trip in front of him, fall into the water and he might jump in too to save us?" 

"And ruin his adorable curls? No thank you." You grinned. "But the walking up to him part was great." The two of you walked towards where Daniel was standing, you tripped over your own feet while trying to look at the handsome Australian from the corner of your eyes. Daniel immediately sprinted forward to see if you were okay, being the absolute gentleman he is, while your friend was almost dying of laughter.

"Are you okay?" He asked, with his thick accent. 

"Yes I am, I just wasn't paying attention." You were telling him the truth, you weren't, well not at your feet anyway. 

"Is that your friend?" Daniel asked you and you nodded. "Do I need to ask if she is okay too?" You laughed softly.

"Don't worry, give her a few more minutes and she'll be fine." Daniel nodded and looked back at you, the person he had spoken with had left.

"My name is Daniel by the way." You decided on not telling him you knew since it would make it seem like you tripped on purpose, which you didn't.

"Y/n." You smiled at him and he smiled back. 

"Nice to meet you y/n." 

"It is lovely to meet you too."

You smiled at the memory.
"You asked whether we wanted to meet you the next day, even offering to pay for our hotel and flight back home. You were crazy, you still are... You even forgot about the promise you made to one of your mates to go jet skiing with him." You chuckled sadly. "I really didn't trip on purpose, even though you don't believe a word of it when I try to tell you." A single tear found it's way down your cheek. "Oh Dan... You can break as many promises as you want, just wake up." You burst out into tears and placed your head in your arms, still holding onto Daniel's hand tightly. Your tears fell on his arm and the white hospital sheets. You cried for at least fifteen minutes when you suddenly felt a soft squeeze in your hand and soon a hand through your hair. You sniffed as you looked up. You looked straight into the eyes you wanted to see most in the entire world. Especially after everything that had happened. 

"Why are you crying?" He asked her innocently, but a smile lingered on his lips. 

"Why are you crying you ask." You huffed, but a big smile was on your face. "You broke another promise, refused to reply to me since Baku and I don't know, the thought of losing you?!" You laughed. 

"I am kinda good at breaking promises ain't I?"

"You are the master of breaking promises." You stood up to touch his lips for the first time in too long. "Next time I am going to make you promise to crash and get hurt, maybe you will finally get out of the car without a scratch if I do." Daniel burst into laughter.

His laughter,

you adored it. 

DesignatedFangirl MariGraceRose nic_nadzwyczajnego_ MariaThepld Cxlinapxh288 alanwildersemulator