As promised

Requested by: VettelFerrari
Driver: Sebastian Vettel

The Japanese Grand Prix always meant there was a lot going on for Sebastian Vettel. It was his favourite track to race on and that resulted in a lot of Japanese fans liking him and a lot of Japanese interviewers wanting to talk to him.

It also meant Emma had her hands full with her job. She was Sebastian's PR and ran around the entire time organising interviews, guiding Seb through them and at the same time making sure he had enough rest to be able to perform at the fullest when he was in the car.

It was an amazing job and it had enabled her to meet Sebastian who was her husband then, but it could be very exhausting. Japan just happened to be one of those weekends it could be very exhausting.

"Seb, come on, we've got to go." Emma looked over her shoulder as she waited for Sebastian to follow her out of their hotel room. "You're going to be late and you know that is a pain for me because you have an interview scheduled the second you arrive on track." With a roll of his eyes, Sebastian exited the bathroom and hauled his backpack over his shoulder, took his coat and phone to then walk after Emma. "Paddock pass." She said, making Sebastian turn around and grab that one as well.

"Don't stress." Sebastian pecked her lips and walked into the hallway as if he had been waiting for Emma instead of the other way around.

"That would be possible if you stopped being late." Emma hooked her arm through Sebastian's and dragged him with her down the stairs.

"Really, the stairs?"

"It's better for you, plus it is faster." A groan escaped Sebastian's lips. "It's not my fault we are late."

When the two of them arrived on track, Emma tried to do her best to keep as many interviewers - and fans as far as that was possible, away from Sebastian to get him to his interview with RTL as fast as she could manage.

"There he is." Sebastian was warmly welcomed by his fellow Germans and they immediately switched to his native tongue. Emma could understand all they said, which she had always thought to be important when she became his PR. Emma had made sure she knew all the languages Sebastian could speak, those being German, Italian and English, so they were also languages she could speak.

The interview lasted fifteen minutes before Emma signalled them to make an end to it so she could take Sebastian with her to his debriefing with the team prior to the final practice session.

"It was a pleasure talking to you Sebastian." Sebastian smiled at the interviewers. "Emma, it was also very nice seeing you again. You do amazing work with this one. He's not an easy fellow though he sometimes seems to be." Emma laughed.

"Thank you, finally someone who sees it as well." She winked at her husband and then nodded towards the exit and Sebastian said his final goodbyes. "We'll see you guys around I figure." She winked and then took Sebastian with her. On their way to the Ferrari facilities, Sebastian had some time to sign some things and make a few photos and you were glad you had left some space in his busy schedule for that. The fans would be disappointed otherwise and she had had enough of those before the interview already.

"I'm going to do some work while you are in the debrief. I'll be in the hospitality lounge?. Will you come there afterwards?" Sebastian nodded.

"Don't worry, I won't make your life any harder than I already am doing." Emma rolled her eyes and walked towards the hospitality. There she found a nice spot and got a cup of coffee before opening her laptop to start working on some statements Sebastian had given her prior that she would give to the team to put up on the team's social media.

"As promised, straight from the debriefing." Sebastian placed his hand on Emma's shoulder and sat down beside her.

"Great. How was it?" Sebastian nodded.

"It was fine, nothing out of the ordinary really." Emma smiled and returned her attention to her laptop. "Can you please give me a new statement before qualifying about the performance of the car, your expectations after three sessions?"

"Of course I can!"

xxx

Later that day, Emma and Sebastian walked back to their hotel room. They had celebrated Sebastian's pole position with the team and then at eight o'clock, they could finally escape the whole fuss the team made of it. It was surely a cause for celebration, but they were going a little overboard. It was a step in the right direction for the next day, but still, the points were up for grabs tomorrow and they would have to do everything to keep Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton from the title.

"Finally a bit of peace and quiet." Emma smiled and went straight for her suitcase to get out of her team clothing.

"How about just crawling into bed and watching a movie? To be honest I don't feel up for much more."

"Same for me." Sebastian agreed with Emma's proposal and got his pyjama's as well. They got changed into them and hid under the warm covers of their bed. Sebastian pulled her closer to his chest and placed his chin on top of her head. Emma sighed contently and closed her eyes. Sebastian would always be her safe place. He was her home. He was the one who held her heart and would never return it.

In the end, Sebastian and Emma never chose a movie to watch. Just the warm feeling of their bodies close to each other and conversations about anything and everything was enough to fill the rest of the evening until the married couple fell asleep in each other's arms, smiles resting upon their faces.