A trip down memory lane (Mick Schumacher)

Requested by: blondemicks
Driver: Mick Schumacher (F2, Prema)

The venue was decorated from top to bottom. Everything was covered in beautiful white flowers with here and there a lilac one. Everywhere there were candles and lights. But the one thing Mick thought to be most beautiful wasn't there yet. The guests were not even there yet. 

Mick was pacing from one side of the aisle to the other and his best man, his nephew David chuckled. 

"Will you please stop. You're making me nervous and I have no reason to be." Mick stopped pacing immediately and David walked up to him. "Come on, smile. You are going to marry the love of your life." It brought a small smile to Mick's face, however, he was still nervous. "She loves you and she is going to spend the rest of her life with you, why should you be nervous?! You risk your lifetime after time and that barely has you break a sweat." Now Mick chuckled. 

"But crashing once or twice won't leave me heartbroken. If I were to lose Y/n, if she decides last minute this is all a mistake, I wouldn't be able to live my life like I used to. My whole world revolves around her David."

"Mick, where are the rings?" His sister Gina asked as she was running around arranging some final things. "You said you had given them to..."

"What do you mean where are the rings?!" Mick exclaimed, the smile gone the second he heard Gina started talking as rapidly as she did. 

"Well, they're not where they are supposed to be." Mick ran after his sister, only for it to be a false alarm. It was a good thing it was because the first guests were arriving and sat down. Gina smiled at her brother and readjusted his tie. "You are looking quite handsome." She said and started tearing up. 

"No please!" Mick laughed. "I will start crying as well and I haven't even seen Y/n yet!" Gina laughed and tightly embraced her brother. 

"You're very lucky with her." 

"I know," Mick whispered and kissed his sister's cheek. Together they walked through the aisle to the front of the venue and that was when the waiting began. Mick's nerves had reappeared and he was fidgeting with everything he could fidget with. 

Little did he know that you were just as nervous as him. Especially when your car broke down and you were left stranded in the middle of nowhere. It was even worse, that you didn't have any reception so you couldn't call anyone for help or Mick to tell him you were going to be a little late. 

"Where are they?!" Mick wondered when he looked at his watch for the millionth time. "I told you, she decided last minute she doesn't want it." Gina and David were struggling big time to make the German calm down again. Even his mother didn't have anything to ease his mind. When all of a sudden, one of your bridesmaids came running in Mick walked to her quickly. She was entirely out of breath and he placed his hand on her shoulder, to make sure she was okay, but also to make her talk as fast as she could, he wanted to know what was going on. 

"The car..." She breathed. "It broke down. But it is fixed so give it a minute, quite litterely a minute and she'll be here, so you get back there and be ready to be amazed." And with that the bridesmaid was gone again. She rushed back to your side and you chuckled. Because she had run from the car to the venue on high heels, which was still quite a run, her hair had slightly slipped out of position and you put it back. 

"There, now you are presentable as well." You winked and took your father's arm and walked towards where Mick was. Because you were having your wedding in the open air, Mick could see you even before you were walking down the aisle and it was agonising. He wanted to hold your hand, say your vows, place the rings and then to kiss you so you would finally be his wife. He had waited long enough for it. 

When you were finally stood in front of him a tear slipped down his cheek. You gently wiped it away and pressed a kiss on his knuckles. You knew the whole being late thing must have stressed him out. You knew that your relationship was one of the very few things Mick was insecure about. Not the feelings of the both of you, but the relationship itself. He thought he couldn't provide in your needs and that made him insecure about it all. 

When you came to the vows, Mick was the one to start. 

"I chose you

again and again

at the start and finish..." 

You chuckled and Mick let a breathy laugh slip. Of course he had to put something like that in. 

"... of every single day

no matter the season

no matter the year

I choose you

to struggle and succeed with

to fight and make up with

to love and to grow old with

I chose you

knowing there are still trails

we must travel

knowing there are mountains

left to climb

I choose you

to always be by my side
'till death do us part." 

Now you had to let a tear slip down as well as you couldn't keep it dry anymore. Then it was your turn. 

"I promise to love you without condition

To honour you each and every day

to laugh with you when you're happy

to support you when you're sad

to guide you when you are asking for direction

to challenge you to be a better person

and allow you to do the same for me

to be your biggest fan and your ever-present listening audience
'till death do us part." 

When the rings were slipped on your fingers, Mick's smile grew as wide as yours had been the entire time, knowing you had promised to be with him forever now, nothing would get in your way.

"You may kiss your bride." 

Dripping from sweat Mick woke up just before your lips would touch him. Tears were streaming down his face. With one glance beside him, he was reminded that something could get between the two of you and it had. The only thing that could break the two of you apart had come around and snatched you away from him. He looked to the other side, where your wedding picture was placed on his nightstand next to his favourite picture of you, taken on your honeymoon. 

"Oh Y/n," He mumbled as he took both of the pictures in his hand. "Why?" He clutched them to his chest and cried with loud sobs. He needed your arms around him, you had promised to support him forever. But you had kept your promise. You had supported him when he was sad until death parted you. The disease you had finally taking your life away from you. It had been a year since your passing and nearly three years since your wedding day. You had had a short time together as husband and wife, but Mick had enjoyed all of it, to only wish he had enjoyed it even more. He would have shown you even more how much he loved you if he had known you would be split up so soon. 

"I did it Y/n." Outside a party was going on, a party on behalf of Mick himself. "I won you the championship in your favourite red car."