love me now (Daniel Ricciardo)

This one was requested by tami_udvardy, it is a song by John Legend. Hope you like it

Pulling me further, further than I've been before
Making me stronger, shaking me right to the core

You walk from the kitchen to the front door, your boyfriend just closed the door behind him after a long day of work. 

"Hey Dan." You say, a bright smile on your face. "How was your day." 

"Long..." He sighs and walks straight to the living room, no kiss, not even a hug. You frown, nowadays he would follow you back to the kitchen to distract you and let you burn dinner sometimes. In the kitchen you turn off the stove so you can walk away from dinner for a while without burning anything. 

"Dan what is going on?" You ask him, sitting down beside him and taking his hand in yours. "And don't say you're just tired because it was a long day because I know there is something up." Daniel sighs and you just patiently wait for him to say something.

"I just..." He shakes his head and you gently squeeze his hand, encouraging him to continue. "Every time you are here when I come home, you help me through everything, you make me stronger..." You smile a little, touched by his words, but you have the feeling in your gut something isn't right. "You helped me to get as far as I am right now, you helped me to get into a formula one car, to get a contract with Red Bull..." He pauses again. 

Oh, I don't know what's in the stars
Never heard it from above the world isn't ours
But I know what's in my heart, 
If you ain't mine I'll be torn apart

"You are here for me through everything, you never leave my side..." You have a slight feeling to where this is going.

"Dan..." You mumble. 

"No, hear me out!" He interrupts you. "I don't know what is going to happen, to me, to you, to us... I know that I told you the world was ours when I asked you to be my girlfriend." You think back to the day he asked you to be his, it was a pleasant memory. "And it is true, but again, we don't know what is going to happen, but I do know that I can't live without you anymore." 

Something inside us, knows that there's nothing guaranteed,
Girl I don't need you to tell me that you'll never leave

"We both know inside what could happen, to me on the track, but off track to both of us, we know it could be over all of a sudden..." 

"Dan..." You try again, but this time he doesn't interrupt you. "Nothing is going to happen, and if something happens, we will get through it, I won't leave you behind, not even for all the gold in the world. Or a unicorn." Daniel chuckled, but his face went serious again the second after. 

"I know." He said and for the first time during your conversation he looks you in the eyes.

When we've done all that we could
To turn the darkness into light, turn evil to good
Even when we try so hard for that perfect kind of love,
It could all fall apart

"But even if we try our hardest, there are still things that could change our feelings, that could tear us apart forever. You could stop loving me, because I could die in a crash during the race or something, you could stop loving me, or be sick of waiting for me all the time..."

"Dan, I will never."

"That was exactly what Max's girlfriend said, but she was sick of being alone all the time, she left him because he was gone all the time and I've..."

"Daniel Ricciardo. Stop there, stop right now!" You say strictly. "I won't do that. And that is that. I am not going to give an explanation why not, you just have to believe me when I say that I won't do it. I am really sorry for Max, but I ain't like her." 

And who's going to kiss you when I'm gone?
I'm gonna love you now, like it's all I have
I know it'll kill me when it's over
I don't wanna think about it, want you to love me now

"But don't you ever feel alone when I am off to a race again? Don't you want a loving boyfriend next to you at those moments, a boyfriend that you can kiss whenever you want?"  You nod.

"Of course I do, but I love you and I know that just feeling sorry for myself won't help, so I just bury myself in my work, to make the time pass faster." Daniel suddenly presses his lips against yours, like it is the last time he'll ever will. Your eyes widen, but quickly close when you relax and kiss him back. Your hands slip around his neck and get tangled in his dark curls. He softly bites your lip and you gasp and open your mouth a little to deepen the kiss. 

"I love you so much." Daniel mumbles against your lips and kisses you again. He gently lays you down on the sofa and his lips now move to your collarbone, you tilt your head in that way he can easily kiss you there. "I love you so damn much." You smile. 

"I love you too."

I don't know how the years will go down, 
It's alright let's make the most of every moment tonight

"We don't know what life will bring us, how long we'll be together, but I do know that I love you." You chuckle. 

"Silly, I love you too." You say and you cup his face with your hands, his stubble against the palm of your hands. He lays on top of you, and you know, that dinner will be served way later than expected.