"Do you have someone on your mind?" (Brendon Hartley)

This one was requested by BraveNightmare I hope you liked it!

I can't believe this book has already 25k though! Thank you so much for reading, voting, commenting and requesting guys! It means the world to me <3

You walked into the restaurant that had been rented by the team for the night. You were wearing a white long sleeved shirt with a white skirt with baby pink flowers, your hair you had curled slightly into waves.

The only reason why you were dressed up like that was that you had fallen in love with one of the team members. He was always so nice to you when you were getting frustrated with all the data you had to go through and you got even more or you had only a little bit more time and you hadn't slept in a while. He knew you always worked as hard as you could and you always went through every piece of data multiple times.

Gracefully you walked to an empty spot, which happened to be next to Brendon Hartley, one of the drivers.

"Can I sit here?" You asked politely, maybe someone was already sitting there or they were keeping it open for someone else.

"Nope, it is all yours." Brendon smiled and you smiled back. you sat down and placed your phone on the table. "Nice job you did last weekend."

"I wasn't alone." You laughed. "If I would have done it all on my own it would have been my death." Brendon chuckled.

"We wouldn't want that." He winked and you felt butterflies doing summersaults in your stomach.

"Brendon!" The second driver of the team, Pierre Gasly exclaimed. "Why does she get to sit there and I don't?!" Your cheeks heated up and turn red as now people were looking at you and Brendon with smirks on their faces.

"Because I was saving the seat for her," Brendon said to his fellow driver and you blushed even harder. He looked at you and noticed how you were blushing like crazy. He smiled as he thought it looked cute.

A waiter walked to the now filled table and asked what they wanted to eat. You went for a nice bit of lasagna with a glass of white wine. You didn't drink a lot of alcohol, but since the evening was already starting off like this, you needed some of it in your blood circulation. The waiter walked away and all the conversations continued. Pierre was sitting two seats away from you and sent you and Brendon smirks occasionally. It made you kind of really nervous as you liked Brendon, but you knew for sure he didn't like you back since he always treated you like a sibling, so there was no way he saw you in the way you saw him.

The food didn't take long to arrive and after waiting until everyone had a plate in front of him you took a bite of the hot Italian goodness. You enjoyed every bite as you talked with the people that sat close to you. It mostly was about formula one as it was the one this you all had in common.

"Y/n, how is the dating going?" You chocked on the bite of lasagna you had just taken. "you were dating someone right?"

"A little ago, yes but that was a one time deal, there weren't any sparks between us." You said but immediately thought another thing after: 'the sparks were there for him, just not for me.'You felt a pair of eyes burning on you, belonging to the one and only Brendon Hartley.

"Do you have anyone on your mind at the moment." He tried to ask casually, and he succeeded. You tried to dodge the question by asking Brendon the same question.

"Do you?" You asked.

"Yes, I do."

"So do I." You ten admitted and with that remark, the subject is closed. You enjoyed your dinner and the desert was delicious, just like the dinner had been.

"You have some cream on your face," Pierre stated and you tried to wipe it away. "It is still there."

"Let me see." You looked at Brendon who then wiped it off your cheek, making you blush again.

"Thank you." You took another bite of your apple pie with cream and tried to keep yourself from blushing too bad. Some people had already left before the desert and people were starting to leave again. "I should probably head back too." You said when you finished your apple pie and there was barely anyone left in the restaurant, but some of the people on your table. You stood up and retrieved your jacket and with that your car keys. You walked to you r car, opened the door and got in. When you tried to start the engine it refused to do so. "Come on!" You tried it a few more times before giving up and resting your head on the steering wheel. "Freaking Honda..." You mumbled, thinking back to the last season where the Honda engines had failed way too often, but you had bought your car before that and so far it hadn't failed once, until now and the team was hoping they would be lucky with the Honda engine in the back of the car, so far, things were looking really well with Pierre even finishing fourth in Bahrein. You heard a knock on the window and when you looked up you looked straight into Brendon's bright blue eyes.

"You doing fine?" He asked when you opened the window.

"It won't start. I am afraid it is the battery..."

"Do you want a ride? You can call the garage or get someone of the team to look at it tomorrow." With a shy smile, you looked at him.

"If it isn't too much trouble." Brendon extended his hand to help you out of the car.

"If it was I wouldn't have asked you." He took you to his car and he turned on the radio, but let it play on a very low volume, so it was more of a background sound.

It was a ten-minute drive to your place and when you arrived at your house, Brendon got out of the car to walk you to the door.

"Do you really have someone on your mind?" He asked when you were about to open your front door and he came a little closer to you.

"Yeah, I did." He set another step closer to you. You nodded as you became tonguetied when he came even closer. He was now so close you could feel his breath on your face.

"I have you on your mind." He whispered to you before closing the gap between the two of you and making your lips touch.

"It is a good thing you are the guy on my mind then." You breathed after he had pulled back.

"I guess." The Toro Rosso driver grinned cheekily before pressing his lips to yours again.

And for the people who actually read these things I always put in bold letters:

I have my first drivinglesson scheduled! So everyone look out, I am going to be a total Max Verstappen on the road! (I really feel sorry for him crashing and spinning and all those things, but hey, we have to make something out of it right?)