"Are you sure you are okay?"

This one is dedicated to my best friend AlwaysF1 who had her finals last year but I forgot to make one of the one-shot series I had made for her especially as a bit of a cheer up and good luck.

Dear monkey, 

I know it is really late, seeing I'm now in mine. I know it won't be as good as the one you sent me for my first final, but I gave it a shot anyway. Really, you've raised the bar with that one. 

Anyway, I came up with this one because of your obsession with Ferrari's, please, never let anyone change that because I love it about you. I love how you can get so excited when you spot one and then tell me with one it was to later realise it might have been another model. I love how you know the model by name and can recognize it in the split second you see it on the highway. 

So here you go darling, I really hope you will like it. 

Loads of love from your egg

You walked out of the main entrance of your school after the last final, you were done with high school, that would be if you had passed. You took your bike out and hopped on it. You cycled home, letting know your boyfriend you were now on your way home. He was waiting for you there. You had forbidden him to bring you to school and that immediately meant he wouldn't be picking you up. You knew that he would have time for you anyway if he would come seeing you knew of some Formula One fans in your school and they would demand all of his attention. He could as well stay home, it wouldn't make any difference to you. So when you arrived home, Sebastian was quick to lift you up into the air the second you had put your bike away. You laughed and placed your arms around his neck. 

"Gosh, you are happy you are done with that place aren't you?" He winked. 

"What do you think. I have all of the time in the world for you now." You winked and Sebastian laughed. 

"About that, grab your things, we are going to my place." 

"You're saying it like it is a five-minute drive. You live in Switzerland Sebastian, that is not exactly a five-minute drive." The German started grinning. 

 "So what, you don't have any obligations here, so why not?" You searched his eyes for any traces of not being serious, but when you couldn't find any, you started grinning and raced up the stairs. You grabbed a suitcase and put some clothes and toiletry in it before racing downstairs again. 

"I'm done." You smiled brightly and Sebastian said goodbye to your mother before taking your hand and placing something in it. Before you could see what it was he had taken your suitcase and walked out of the door. You opened the hand in which was something cold. 

You gasped when you saw what it was, it was a metal keychain with the Ferrari logo, but what surprised you more was that it contained the text you had engraved in it for his birthday: it was the key to Sebastian's Ferrari. 

"Has he gone mad?!" You whispered, struck with amazement. You walked out of the front door, still too amazed to function properly. "Sebastian?" You stared at the key in your hand. "I think you might have made a mistake, this is your key."

"I know." He said, now if you will open the door, I can put your suitcase in. Luckily it isn't too big so it will fit." He winked. "What are you waiting for?" You looked at him. 

"Are you okay?" You asked him, he rarely let anyone even touch the paint of the car, let stand someone besides himself drive in it. 

"I'm fine, now open the door and climb behind the wheel." 

"Are you sure you are okay?!" Sebastian rolled his eyes, put down your suitcase and cupped your face with his both hand so you had to look at him. 

"I am sure I'm okay. I know how much you enjoy watching Ferrari's, so as a little surprise for finishing your final exam, I'm letting you drive it until you get sick of it." 

"Sick of it, you're joking, right? I'm definitely not going to get sick of it." You laughed and ran to the driver's side of the car before climbing in. You let your hands softly brush over the steering wheel, looking at the dashboard and the maximum speed of the car. If you would only ever get the chance to go that fast. Sebastian got in beside you and mentioned for you to bring the engine to life. You revved it and Sebastian laughed. 

"Of course you had to do that." You had a boyish grin on your face and took the car of the handbrake, putting the car in first gear and slowly letting the clutch slip as you checked your mirrors to make sure you wouldn't crash the car before even making it onto the highway. 

On your way through town, you loved how people looked up when you drove by and once on the highway, you easily got to the 130 km/h you were allowed to reach in the Netherlands. You laughed, enjoying the speed of the car and the stability it had at this speed. You passed some cars and suddenly one passed you at a very high speed. 

"Hey, that was a Ferrari! It was the Portofino if I'm correct." Sebastian laughed. "What is it? I can't help that I love those cars. On second hand, I think it might have been a Tributo." Sebastian shook his head. 

"Only one person I know would be driving a Ferrari and still get that excited when seeing another Ferrari." You blushed. "I love it though." He placed his hand on your thigh and took his phone out. "Smile." It was unnecessary for Sebastian to tell you to do so because ever since you realised you were actually going to drive his Ferrari it had reached from one ear to the other. "If you're up to it, you get to drive it until we reach my home, we are going to stay a night somewhere in a hotel though, unless you want to drive it at night as well. Few people on the road, open roads, roads without speed limits in Germany..." You started to grin. 

Maybe you would be so lucky to put the pedal to the metal after all.