Fake (Sebastian Vettel)

You and Sebastian were finally both home. You were home quite a lot, but Sebastian was away most of the time. However, now the Grand Prix was held in Germany, he was finally home. The two of you had spent a lot of time doing all kinds of fun things and now the race was on the go. Sebastian lead the race and you couldn't be more proud of him. 

When it started to rain, your heart started to beat faster and it felt like an elephant was standing on your chest. Water on the track meant anything could happen anytime. And it did. Sebastian slipped and it felt like the one elephant had turned into many more. He got off the track and the car ended up in the wall. A breath of relief slipped your lips when Sebastian climbed out of the car even though you knew his mood would be far from good as it surely wasn't beneficial in the fight for the championship with Lewis. You put your headphones away. You knew Sebastian would get checked out by a doctor first, but you hoped you would be able to catch him before he would have to face the press. Unfortunately, you didn't run into him and had to wait until he was finished with the press. It felt like it took Sebastian forever to get to his changing room and when he did he smiled at you. 

"Hey there liebe." You frowned. He sounded chirpy. Too chirpy. "I'm going to get changed and then we go home okay?" Sebastian took off his suit. 

"Sebastian?" You asked him, trying to get his attention, but you failed. 

"We could go out tonight, go for dinner somewhere." Still, the smile was plastered on his face. "We haven't been on a date in a while, it is about time."  You shook your head and decided to go along with it, at least for then. 

"Sure, why not." You told him and watched him get changed. "But if you don't mind I would like to go home first to freshen up a little bit. Plus, I wouldn't mind if my husband would get dressed in something different than his Ferrari team clothes." Sebastian chuckled and gave you a chaste kiss on your lips, making you smile. Sebastian's behaviour wasn't right, but you were going to address when you were at home so the two of you wouldn't make a scene. 

"Let's go then." He gently intertwined your fingers and guided you to his Ferrari. The two of you got in and Sebastian drove away as he was softly humming a tune. When the two of you got home and the door was closed behind you, you thought it was time to address the matter you had remained silent about. 

"Sebastian." He looked at you, the fake smile on his face again. "I'm your wife, please don't fake things around me." Sebastian tried to play dumb at first, but you didn't fall for it. "Sebastian Vettel. Don't you dare act like you don't know. Trust me that I know when the man I married is hiding something." Sebastian's smile dropped immediately. 

"I'm sorry, I just thought..."

"I rather spend time with a moody Seb, than a Seb that's faking to be okay and get an outburst later." Sebastian cupped your face with his hand. 

"I love you." He pressed his lips to yours and you put your arms around his neck. 

"How about just cuddling on the couch." Sebastian immediately agreed and after getting changed into something a lot more comfortable you flopped down on the couch. Sebastian's mood was everything but chirpy at that point and halfway through the movie, he started to get really annoying. You had decided on watching a comedy, to try and lift the mood. 

"I'm just like that guy. I can't complete the simplest task." Was one of the many comments he made. After ten minutes of enduring it, you were done biting your tongue. You turned off the tv and looked at Sebastian. 

"That's enough self-pity don't you think? Now, let me cheer you up with something." You took your laptop and started a small video you had made in the few days Sebastian was at the factory before coming home. It showed pictures of Sebastian and you when you were little, when you went on your first date, when you became his girlfriend, your first holiday together, your engagement, your marriage, honeymoon and first house you owned together. Then the screen turned black but the music you had put on it kept playing until slowly words started to roll onto the screen. 

'Are you ready to embrace someone else into the family?' 

Sebastian 's frown changed into a surprised look really fast and then in an overly excited one. 

"You mean...?" He was so excited he couldn't even produce a full sentence. "You and me?" You nodded and a tear slipped from the corner of his eye. 

"You and I are having a little Vettel and quite frankly I can't really believe you hadn't noticed. My stomach isn't as flat as it used to be due to the forming baby bump." You laughed and lovingly wiped away the tear. "You are going... Wait you didn't think I had..." Sebastian sheepishly grinned. "You did, didn't you!" You exclaimed but before you could hit him with a pillow as you were planning on doing, Sebastian wrapped you up in his strong arms. 

"When are we due?"

"February, so you won't miss any of it." Sebastian couldn't describe in words how happy he was to hear that. 

"We're expecting..." He mumbled. He couldn't quite comprehend it yet, but it was true: within a matter of months, a baby would be born, a little Vettel. Sebastian would do anything to spoil your child and you would have to be the one keeping him in check. You didn't mind that you would have to because you were looking forward to holding the baby in your arms, but mostly seeing Sebastian holding the baby in his arms too much. You had already fallen in love with the thought of it 

"When do you want to tell people?" You asked Sebastian. You had had the chance to let it all sink in before telling Sebastian, you wanted to give him the chance to do the same. 

"How about now?" You were surprised but agreed anyway. "Are we just going got call them?" You huffed. 

"I don't know about yours, but my parents are going to kill me if we just call them and say something like, hey mom and dad, you are going to be grandparents!"

"Okay, not a phone call. Facetime maybe." He was joking and you knew, which was exactly why you decided on ignoring him and explaining your plan. 

"I was thinking, maybe we could take one of those cute pictures of our shoes and then a tiny pair of shoes next to it. Print them out and put them on a card which says congratulations on the front and then personally give them." Sebastian nodded. 

"What are we waiting for then?"

Taglist:

VettelFerrari
AlwaysF1
MariGraceRose
sebvettgirl
princesa-rafinha
saoirse98
MelissaS4
stormisierra
OrchideaSolitaria
SdeSenna
Thclouds
salllsx
F1fanforlife