nightshifts

Driver: Lando Norris

Requested by: amihg25

Plot: Sweet/fluff

Lando was absolutely the most amazing boyfriend in the world. He was sweet, loyal and above all a dork, a trait you really valued in him. Most of the time.

Right now, it was annoying the living hell out of you. It was late at night and you were trying to get a good night of sleep. You were exhausted due to having a night shift three days in a row and now you really longed for a lot of sleep. Lando, however, disturbed your peaceful night by singing very loudly and occasionally out of tune. You had sent him a text, asking whether he could tone it down but he hadn't read it yet.

"Lando!" You yelled, hoping he would stop. For a few moments, it was silent and you smiled, satisfied with the silence that now once again filled the room.

It took Lando five minutes before he started all over again and you groaned. Why couldn't he for once keep his mouth shut after eleven? You got out of bed and took a hoodie and put it on before walking down the stairs. You threw the door open wanting to be mad at Lando so he would learn not to disturb your sleep again but you couldn't when you laid eyes on him. He was sitting in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, his hair all over the place and his eyes locked on the screen of his simulator.

"Wow did you see that?!" He asked and then laughed. You leaned against the doorframe, looking at how engrossed he was in the game, that much he didn't even notice you. You chuckled and then moved to the kitchen where you grabbed yourself a cup of tea and a glass of milk for Lando. You took his favourite cookies and put a few on a plate and walked to the living room again, where you placed the glass and the plate on the floor next to him, before giving him a quick kiss on the top of his head.

"I woke you up now didn't I?" He asked, now finally realising you were in the room as well. "I'm so sorry, you have a night shift again tomorrow, I should have been quieter." He apologised and got out of the simulator to give you a hug. "I'm so sorry, I'll be quiet."

"Don't stress Lando. I'm fine, I'll be here for a little and then go back to sleep again. And you didn't wake me up, you kept me awake, I didn't get the chance to fall asleep." Lando's cheeks flushed red and you gave him a kiss. "Now return to your game, I'm sure that whoever you are playing with is getting impatient."

"It's Max."

"Well, then I know for sure he is getting impatient." Lando chuckled and stroke your hair out of your face before taking a seat in the simulator again. You laid down on the couch and sipped from your boiling hot tea. Lando got enthusiastic within three seconds again and sang along to the song that was playing.

"We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes"

He looked at you while singing and you smiled fondly at him. Oh, how you loved the kid. The part of the song applied perfectly to you and Lando, you were basically still kids, Lando with his nineteen years and you with eighteen and you were fighting against all odds. Lando was your first love as were you his and everyone kept telling you to brace yourself for a broken heart. First love doesn't last and seeing he is the one to be away all of the time, he will most presumably be the first to move on and break your heart.

Lando assured you it wasn't the case and doing things like singing particular lyrics directed to you was just one of those small gestures. I know we'll be alright this time. It had happened that week again. You had come home upset because your mother had seen a picture of Lando with a fan, a female fan and she was sure it was Lando's new 'chick' as she called it. You were sure it wasn't the case but every time your mother said a thing like that, it got you worrying. What if she was, after all, you were just a boring and simple girl with a boring and simple life in comparison to the life Lando lead.

He had come home the day after you did and had assured you it wasn't the case like he always did. You had become a little bit too emotional and had started screaming, but the number of night shifts you had had the previous period was to blame. The sleep deprivation finally getting the better of you.

As you watched Lando race on the simulator, your eyes started to get heavier and you placed your still half-full cup on the coffee table and made yourself more comfortable. You wrapped a blanket that was within reach over your legs and snuggled up against a pillow. Slowly, you started to drift off.

"Y/n, did you see that?! I totally saved that! Max, you would've crashed it for sure." It remained silent in the room. Max was arguing Lando via his headphone but further, no one was talking. He looked at the couch you were laying on and saw your sleeping figure. He chuckled and returned his attention to the simulator and Max.

"Hey, Max. Y/n fell asleep on the couch, she has had a few night shifts and has one tomorrow again. I'm going to put her in bed and then go to sleep myself."

"Yeah, that's okay mate. I'll see you around."

"Bye." He ended his lifestream and shut off his simulator. He then took his empty glass and plate - along with your cup - to the kitchen and placed them in the dishwasher. He walked back to the living room and gently lifted you off the couch, still wrapped up in the blanket. You mumbled something subconsciously and continued sleeping. Lando walked up the stairs with you and placed you on your side of the bed, taking the blanket from you and placing the bedsheets over you instead. He then got ready for bed himself and crawled beside you. In your sleep you then cuddled up against him, making Lando chuckle again. "I love you Y/n, always."