Bankruptcy

Requested by: kiirstiine
Driver: Mick Schumacher
Plot: Cuddling in bed after a stressful week. 

Running around like a headless chicken was starting to become your speciality or so it seemed. At work, but also at home you ran left and right trying to make things go the way they should. You did your very best all of the time and when at your work, things started going south, it made your workload even bigger. 

Mick, who was your longtime girlfriend started to get worried about you. You had very little sleep since you worked until late - even when you were home you would be working as hard as you could. 

He was afraid the many hours you worked would get the better of you and would break you down sooner rather than later, so he kept trying to make you slow down, have a little time for yourself but you refused. 

"Mom, what am I supposed to do?" You overheard him talking to his mother one day. "She won't stop working. I'm afraid to leave because I don't know what state I will find her in when I get home." It had been a punch to the face but you had found a way to calm down Mick and get him to go his first few races in F2. You were so proud of him and wished you could have gone with him to his debut with the Prema F2 team, but with your best friend's firm - which was conveniently the one you worked for - almost going bankrupt, you couldn't leave as you were her right hand and had to do everything to keep the business going. 

"Y/f/n. Please, would you listen to me? I have tried everything I could come up with to save the firm, but I am out of options!" You tried to tell her she should just let her firm go bankrupt. It was hard to give her that news, but you had to, you had no other choice. "We have all been working at our very best, but there is simply nothing left to save, no matter how much we want it." A sob was heard on the other side of the line. 

"It is the only thing I have left of my father..." It came out of her mouth in a whisper, but it was enough to break your heart. 

"I know y/f/n. And I wish I could have done more than I have now, but I can't." 

"I guess I will make the call then..." Your eyes started to water. 

"I'm afraid there is nothing else you can do. We should start applying for new jobs. I hope it will be half as fun as working for you was."

"I hope for you too, without you I wouldn't have lasted this long." The call was ended and you slowly lowered your phone until it rested in your lap. You let your head drop. All the effort were for nothing...

"Hey..." A pair of hands started to massage your shoulders and you a deep sigh slip, along with a tear from the corner of your eye. "It's bad isn't it?" You nodded and Mick tightly wrapped his arms around your exhausted body. 

"It's over, the firm is bankrupt." Mick remained silent and sat down beside you, gently wiping the stray tear off your cheek. "All our hard work was for nothing." You rubbed your hands over your face, trying to realise you were no longer Y/f/n partner, that you were no longer working for her late father. 

"It isn't all for nothing. You have so much experience now, people will be lucky to have you working for them."

"I helped a firm to become bankrupt."

"That wasn't your fault and you know it. How many times haven't you been frustrated out of your mind because she wouldn't listen to you and made mistakes with huge consequences."

"A lot of times, but still..."

"There you have it. I don't want to hear any buts anymore. Come on, you need a lot of sleep." Your eyelids were heavy indeed and even when Mick lifted you up, your reaction was solely a small shriek, whereas it nowadays would be followed up by a lot of laughter. 

Mick walked up the stairs to the master bedroom and laid you down on the king-sized bed. Because it was late already and you had been home for a while, you were already dressed in your pyjamas. You crawled under the bedsheets and Mick was quick to join you. You cuddled up close to him and let the tears flow. Tears of remorse she couldn't do anything else to save the firm that connected Y/f/n to her father. Tears of exhaustion since you couldn't go any further. Tears of relief that you could leave the stressful weeks behind you and go into a much calmer period in life. 

Mick stroked your hair, rubbing your back and arms, all in the hope you would calm down and fall asleep. That, however, wasn't the matter. You were too shaken by the whole bankruptcy that you couldn't sleep. You were worried about everything that had happened and you were afraid this wouldn't do anything good for the fragile state Y/f/n was already in. 

"Please, Y/n, liebe, go to sleep. You really need it."

"I can't Mick. I need to find a way to..."

"You don't need anything but look out for yourself for a while. Why don't you join my team for a little? I'm sure they could use some help with the PR side of it all." 

"But Mick."

"Please, it will do you good, I promise." You sighed deeply. 

"I'll think about it okay?"

"Than at least promise me you are going to sleep now instead of making that overly exhausted brain of yours work even more than it is already doing." You chuckled softly. 

"That I can do." You closed your eyes, suddenly at rest with everything that was going on. Mick had that effect on you. He could make everything seem like it was nothing and he was everything. That was probably because he was your everything, you sometimes just needed a little reminder that nothing was more important to you than him. You slowly drifted off to sleep, but Mick refused to do so before he knew for sure you were asleep. He kept playing with your hair, knowing you loved the feeling and he drew patterns on your arm every now and then since there was nothing you liked more than Mick's gentle touch and he knew it. 

When he was fully certain you were asleep and wouldn't wake up soon, he closed his eyes as well. The next day he would make sure you could join the team, even if it would be for just a short while. In that short while, he could at least make sure you wouldn't over-work yourself and you would get back to your own laid-back self who looked a lot fitter than you did at the moment. 

Taglist: 
kiirstiine
Thclouds
MelissaS4