Butter knife (Daniel Ricciardo)

This one was requested by sampaahh MelissaS4

His move to another team had already been announced, lifting a lot of weight from the Australian driver's shoulders. However, his problems didn't end there. He still had a few races to go and with the few races another few races he couldn't finish due to reliability problems. Daniel was getting fed up with it all and it was starting to show. 

When Daniel came home after yet another DNF you were there to comfort him, so when the door opened, you walked into the hallway to greet your husband. 

"Hey Dan." You made a move to kiss him, but before you could, he walked past you. You frowned. That was not like Daniel at all. Nowadays when he would get home, he would tell you at least thrice how much he loves you and how much he missed you. "Dan, is everything okay?" You asked him, walking up the stairs after him. 

"Will you please shut up y/n and stop following me like a lost puppy?! I need some time alone!" He yelled. You were shocked. You had never heard Daniel yell like that, at least not at you. "Daniel, please calm down, you're just because of the weekend. Bring your stuff up and I'll make you a strong cup of coffee, or a beer." You winked, keeping your calm with your husband. Daniel, however, wasn't having any of it and stomped up the rest of the stairs, he had wordlessly declined your offer, so much was clear. The best thing you could do now was let him calm down for a little. 

Even though you tried to just let it go for a little and do something useful it was eating you alive. So after ten minutes, you walked up the stairs yet again to talk to Daniel. 

You found him sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Daniel, shall we talk?" You asked him but decided to rephrase that. "I think we need to talk." Daniel looked up to you. 

"Not now y/n." Daniel's voice was hoarse. "I can't use it right now."

"Darling, you can't bottle it up forever." You sat down beside him and placed your hand on his shoulder. "You are doing just that, please talk to me."

"I don't want to!" Daniel started yelling again. "You should for once in your life just listen to me!"

"If you would talk to me, I would listen!" You yelled back, fed up with Daniel's behaviour as this wasn't the first time he would bottle things up. It was the first time he took it out on you though. 

"I am talking to you and I'm telling you to shut up and leave!" You looked at him in shock. 

"What the hell?! I'm your wife. I have the right to ask my husband what is bothering him when he is upset!" He stared back at you.

"Yes you do and I have the right to not tell you!" He coldly said and tears started to brim in your eyes. 

"Fine. Then I won't listen." You took your pj's and left for the bathroom. You locked the door behind you and sat down against the side of the bath, tears starting to stream down your face. It killed you to see Daniel like that and it killed you that he didn't let you in to help him.

You sat like that for five minutes, small sobs leaving your mouth when Daniel knocked on the door. 

"Babe, I'm sorry..." It was silent and another sob slipped through your lips. "Are you crying?!" His voice changed from 'sorry' to worried in a millisecond and you couldn't get yourself to let him in that easily. You weren't going to make it that easy for him. "Babe?"

"No Daniel, just give me a sec, I'll be fine." You heard some stumbling and then it was quiet. Even though you just sent Daniel away, you couldn't believe he had actually listened and had given up that easily. It made you cry a little harder until you felt the strong arms of your arms around your body. 

"I'm so sorry darling." You frowned. How the hell had he gotten in? 

"I locked the door?" You said, questioning yourself whether you had actually. 

"I know, that's why I went downstairs: to get myself something to get in here." He showed a butter knife. "When you use this on the outside of the lock, in that notch, you can twist it around and open the lock. You chuckled through the tears. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blocked you out." You looked up at Daniel. 

"I shouldn't have pushed you into talking. That had a negative effect on everything as well..." 

"Guess we were both wrong." Daniel and you looked each other in the eye and he gently wiped the tears off your cheeks. "Shall we go to bed? I think we can both use our sleep." You nodded. You had had a long day of work, and the whole situation with Daniel not wanting to talk to you had only drained you more. "I promise I'll talk to you tomorrow." 

"I'm going to keep you to that." You said with a grin. 

"No problems there."

Taglist: 

Hollyxxxxxxxx
FuvkingKillMe

tamarastalenhoef
Thclouds

stormisierrra

JoannaMiha13

F1fanforlife

f1lovesme

sariitiisima
salllsx

saoirse98

AshleyDorina
MelissaS4

sams2244989

sebvettgirl
Taaaaamz
alanwildersnose
MariaThepld

MariGraceRose

AlwaysF1

nic_nadzwyczajnego_
danricciardo3