Leaving F1

Okay, I'm trying to get over the fact that so many drivers are leaving, even if it might just be temporary, but still. I'm freaking out still, so here some small parts of me trying to process it all.

Esteban:

When you walked into the bedroom, Esteban sat there with his head in his hands. 

"It's all going to be fine." You crouched down in front of him to look him in the eyes. You knew what he was upset about, after all, he was forced to leave the sport he loves most. It was his life basically. "Mercedes did everything they possibly could have, but they have no saying in mister Stroll buying the team and replacing you with that rich kid. They are - and will be - doing everything they possibly can to get you back in a car, but they're a bit limited in their options at the moment." Esteban nodded and stood up. 

"I need to go and do something." You blinked a few times to comprehend what was going on, but by the time Esteban you had the slightest bit, Esteban had already left the house.

xxx

"they are freaking idiots!" You exclaimed. You were so frustrated you didn't hear Esteban coming home, so you just keep on ranting through the phone to your best friend. "What were they thinking when they dropped one of the most talented on the grid? He might as well be the most talented, Stroll comes nowhere close. Well, I do know, they had dollar signs in their eyes." Suddenly you heard someone chuckle behind you. Well, aren't you damned. "Can I call you back? Yeah, bye." You ended the call and looked at Esteban who had a smug smirk on his face. 

"So much for they did all they could." You just stared at him, not trying to give in. 

"I was talking about Force India, not Mercedes." Esteban laughed. 

"Right, a little debater. Should have known you could sell something you don't believe in yourself." Before you could even begin to argue, Esteban kissed you. "But I am thankful for it, plus we have quite some more time to ourselves now, so I got us a little family expansion, we have enough time to raise her anyway." It was only then you heard the squeaking of a chew toy and you looked at the box Esteban brought into the room. In there was a beautiful Australian Sheppard puppy which was playing with what would become his favourite toy.

Fernando:

It was an incredibly hectic day: Fernando's final race day, it was unbelievable. You had enjoyed all of it. It was such a special day. 

For so long Fernando had driven the Formula One cars and to say goodbye resulted in a lot of shed tears. 

"Good morning." The Spanish accent was so prominent in his voice and it sent shivers down your spine. 

"Morning champ." It was Monday morning and around noon. You smiled widely at Fernando and caressed his cheek. "How does it feel to be retired from Formula One?" You asked him and chuckled. It was weird to think he no longer drove in the highest level of the Formula series. 

"It feels great. It means I am getting a new start, a clean slate, a new chapter of life."

"Well, that's a good thing, though you will always remain a Formula One world champion, so not so much a clean slate." You winked at him and he started to tackle you with kisses, making you laugh as his beard tickled in your neck. 

"Well, what do you say..." He started, suddenly stopping and leaning over you. You just smiled and kissed him. "You..." Kiss. "Don't..." Kiss. "Give..." Kiss. "Me a chance to finish." He avoided another kiss. 

"Why talk? Talking is overrated."

"Not in this case cariño, not in this case." You frowned.