"Show those bitches"

Requested by: SimplyTuga

Driver: Daniel Ricciardo

"Ladies and gentlemen, miss Y/n L/n!" With a big smile on your face, you walked onto the stage of the late late show with James Cordon. The people there screamed and you waved to them as you sat down on the luxury chair next to James' desk. "It's so lovely to have you here!" 

"It's amazing to be here!" 

"Congratulations on your award, it was very well deserved in my opinion." The week before you had won an award for your lead role in a movie where you had defied the odds and became a champion in a figure skating competition. 

"Thank you so much, it was an honour to get to play the role. It was a bit out of my comfort zone, which made it all the more amazing to see the final results." 

"Why was it out of your comfort zone?" You chuckled. 

"I absolutely hate sports, always have and to then play a role in which the character can't live without it, it was quite challenging." The audience gasped, all surprised by your straight forward answer and some even offended by what you said. 

"There is not one sport that you like?" You shake your head. "But your boyfriend is a professional athlete." 

"Which can be challenging sometimes, I mean, his world revolves around sports and staying fit, whereas I try to stay as far away from them as possible."

"Have you ever gone to one of his races?"

"No, I haven't." You truthfully said; a statement you later regretted. 

XXX

"Why is it such a big deal!" You exclaimed and threw your phone on your bed, where your best friend was seated who took your phone and saw all the comments on your Instagram. 

You ruined the movie

You don't deserve the reward

Daniel deserves someone better

Why would he even consider her as an option?

It hurt you, you had been honest and had expected to get positive comments about your acting. Maybe it had been silly to expect positivity just because you had been honest, but you had not expected your fans to suddenly start hating on you.

"What do I do with this?" Tears started to burn in your eyes. You didn't want to start crying over it, you had the choice to ignore it as well, but it struck you hard. 

"You can't really do anything about it, but Y/n, people are always going to hate those who are better than them. Or at least get more attention." Y/b/f walked up to you and embraced you in a tight hug. "What would make you feel better?" 

"Normally I'd say Daniel." 

"Why not now?"

"Because they are right. What girlfriend doesn't go to support her boyfriend in his career? Why haven't I gone to see him race yet? I'm a horrible girlfriend and I know it." At that moment, Daniel came barging into the room, his heartbreaking at the sight of you. He had come home minutes prior from a trip to the factory and had heard what you had just said to your best friend. He embraced you tightly and when he let go of you, he littered your face in kisses. 

"Don't ever say that again. You are the most wonderful girlfriend one could ask for and you and I both know you haven't gone to one of my races yet because you simply don't have the time to do so."  He looked at you, a stern look on his face, trying to make you believe what he was saying. 

"But there were a couple of times I could have gone." 

"If you were to have gone you would have had a burn out because you would have gone when you were already without any energy left in that beautiful body of yours." You were going to argue, but Daniel made sure you wouldn't. "Y/n, they are wrong. You are the best, especially because you don't like sports. You support me, even though you hate the sport, which makes it all the more special." He was still holding your face in his hands, forcing you to look up in his perfect brown eyes. 

"Let me come once. I want them to know I support you, I don't want to look like the unsupportive girlfriend who only is in it for the fame of her boyfriend."

"They will think that when you do come, especially now." Your shoulders dropped even further and Daniel sighed deeply. If there was only something he could do. "Why don't you get changed into something comfortable and we'll watch a movie. Order some take-out and just relax." You flashed him a small smile and stood on your toes to peck his lips. You took some shorts out of your closet and one of Daniel's hoodies and put them on while Daniel did the same. He then instructed you to sit down on the sofa downstairs while he would call the Chinese restaurant a couple of blocks away. When he was done he sat down beside you and placed his arm around your arms for you to snuggle into his chest. 

You put on the movie and after dinner, you felt your eyelids get heavy and somewhere towards the end of the movie you fell asleep. Daniel noticed and took his phone and opened his phone. He quickly found some of the photo's he had gotten since he and you had gotten together and put them on Instagram. They were all photo's of you watching him race, you cheering him on and you being sad when he couldn't finish. 

Just for those who think she isn't supportive. 

She might not like the sport, but I doubt any girlfriend truly does since we all put our lives on the line time and time again and every race could possibly be our last. 

But Y/n is possibly the best there is. She hates the sport but finds it in her to watch me race time and time again, maybe not on track but she does at home. No matter what time the race starts, she watches me and she supports me. She has learned the ins and outs of the sport so she can understand me and help me wherever she can. She does her best and it is probably a lot more than I deserve. How could she consider me as an option as she's far to good for me.

User 1: They are couple goals.
User 2: I love them

User 3: She's so sweet! Look at her being happy in the third photo and sulking in the fifth haha.
User 4: Show those bitches Daniel!