Nervous (Max Verstappen)

I am so sorry I am so far behind on requests guys, it is seriously embarrassing, but I am going to catch up asap. Love!

This one was requested by F1_mendes

Also, I have a new story online, it is called Custody and I am pretty proud of the idea so far, which is really something that is rare since most of the time I write a story I have no clue of what I am working towards, but this one is different since I actually do. So go and check that story out too. 

Requests are still open. 

I saw you on a Sunday in a café
And all you did was look my way
And my heart started to race
And my hands started to shake, yeah

You sat in a cafe, it was Sunday and you needed to escape your home for a little, all the stress and drama getting too much. So there you were, sipping your coffee. You loved observing people, seeing how they acted, guessing what their personality was. As you looked around the cafe you locked eyes with Max, the guy you had a crush on since forever. He was just so adorable and you just liked everything about him. Your heart started thumping inside your chest and you placed your hands tighter around the cup you were holding as they started to shake. You smiled at him and quickly looked away after it and turned your attention to your phone. 

I heard you asked about me through a friend
My adrenaline kicked in
'Cause I've been askin' 'bout you too

A few days later you were out with a few friends. 

"You are not going to believe who asked about you!" Your best friend told you. You chuckled, it was probably just one of those nerds who had a crush on you. You were in your final year of high school and suddenly a few of the nerdy kids, who were nice, that wasn't the point, had taken a lot of liking in you. 

"Who?" You asked, knowing your best friend wouldn't drop the subject unless you would respond to her. 

"Max Verstappen." You had just taken a sip of your drink and choked. 

"Did you just say Max Verstappen?!" You asked her and she nodded. "You're joking right?"

"Nope, he asked me about you." You could feel your adrenaline kick in. 

"Why? What did he ask."

"All kinds of things, basically the things a guy wants to know when he likes a girl." Your breath hitched in your throat. 

"You didn't tell him I asked you to do the same with him right?!" It remained silent and your eyes widened. "You did! Why would you do that?!"

"He obviously likes you too, oh look there is he!" You turned around to look straight into Max's bright eyes. Subconsciously you bit your lip and your heart almost stopped when Max mentioned you to follow him. 

And now we're out here in this room  

I get a little bit nervous around you

Get a little bit stressed out when I think about you

Get a little excited

Baby, when I think about you, yeah

Talk a little too much around you (I talk a little too much, yeah)

Get a little self-conscious (I get a little self-conscious)

When I think about you

Get a little excited (I get a little excited)

Baby, when I think about you

There you were, alone in a room with Max Verstappen himself. Your heart was racing, you felt the sweat form on your face as your face heated up and turned redder than it should be. 

You talked for a while, you kept tugging on your dress, making sure it wasn't too short so Max wouldn't think you were some slut, kept fixing your hair and Max noticed it. He noticed you got nervous the second you had noticed he was looking at you. In the meantime, the clocks were about to strike midnight. "Shall we get out of here?" Max asked and you blushed, again, before nodding. You got your coats and walked outside. 

We walked in the rain

A couple blocks to your apartment

You told me to come inside

Caught me staring in your eyes

And I'm not usually like this

But I like what you're doing to me

It was raining cats and dogs and since neither of you had an umbrella, you were soaked in a matter of seconds, but neither did mind. Max's apartment wasn't that far away, so within a matter of minutes, you would be there. You talked further and laughed when Max decided to jump in a puddle of water. You got to his apartment and Max invited to you in. You stepped inside and stood in the hallway, not sure of what to do, so you just stared at Max who took his vest off, followed by his shirt, both drenched. He turned around and smirked when he saw you staring and you quickly looked away. You bit your lip again and played with your fingers. You were shivering because, in your soaking wet clothes, you were cold. 

"Do you want something dry to wear?" Max asked, a sweet smile on his face, the smile you fell in love with. You nodded as on top of the shivering, your teeth started to clatter now too. Max chuckled and mentioned you to follow him. The two of you entered his room and he handed you a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. He pressed a kiss on your forehead as he gave you the clothes and then left the room. You got changed into Max's clothes and for a minute enjoyed Max's scent in the sweatshirt. 

When you got downstairs, Max had dimmed all the lights, had lit up some candles and had placed two mugs with hot cocoa and marshmallows on the coffee table. He sat on the sofa and scrolled through his Netflix list. You sat down beside him and Max smiled at the sight of you, in his house, dressed in his clothes and couldn't stop the butterflies in his stomach from erupting. 

"Are you okay with..." He stopped when you snuggled up against him, surprised by your sudden affection, but he quickly recovered and placed his arm around you. 

"I don't care, whatever you want to watch." Max started the movie and leaned forward for a little to grab both of your mugs and handed you yours. You sipped from it as you still laid close to Max, feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath he took, feeling his chest rumble whenever he was laughing because of a funny scene. No matter how nervous you were around him, you also felt safer than ever around him. A combination that only made you more sure about your feelings for him.