nothing (Max Verstappen)

xxCraycraymofo requested this one and I am kind of ashamed it took this long for me to post it... sorry for that😳

It is writting listening to the song Nothing by the Script because that was the song that was requested. I hope you like it😇

You walk through your parents house to your old room, your suitcase rolling behind you, tears rolling down your cheeks.

Am I better of dead?
Am I better of a quiter?
They say I'm better of now,
Then I ever was with her.

You have been living with your boyfriend Max for two years, but you had broken up before he had to leave for the billionth time. He is a formula one driver and because of your job and other responsibilities you barely could come with him and it all became too much for the both of you. But now you are single again you don't feel much better, so your sister offered to take you out this day, just so you will get your mind of the break-up.
"Hey y/n." Your sister says when you come back downstairs again and she is already there. "Ready to go?" You nod and fake a smile.

As they take me to my local down the street.
I'm smiling but I'm dying,
Trying not to drag my feet.

You and your sister enter the club after you walked the five-minute walk.
"Come on, let's get us some drinks!" She yelled over the sound of the music. "Just forget him for now!" You nod again and walk after her to the bar.
"Hey y/n!" You turn around and see some old friends standing at the bar. "How are you doing?" You shrug your shoulders and drink the cocktail your sister hands you over all in once. You turn to the bar and order a couple of shots and you take at least three of them.You start talking to your old friends and somewhere along the road you go a little bit too far, drinking too many shots and cocktails and whatever else you ordered.
"Y/n, this might not have been the best idea ever."Your sister says.
"Why not?" You say giggly. "I am having a lot of fun, and we are here now, so why not?" Your sister looks at you with her eyes narrowed and you try your best to look fine. You give her a shot and she smiles before taking it from you and she drinks it at the same time as you do. "You see, perfectly fine." You somehow convinced her, but even though you are claiming to be fine, Max's name keeps coming up in your thoughts. You still love him, even though you were the one that broke up with him, but you couldn't handle the long distance thing anymore. The alcohol was now really starting to kick in as you get really drunk.

They say a few drinks will help me to forget her,
But after one too many, I know that I'm never.
Only they can see where this is gonna' end
They all think I'm crazy, but to me it's perfect sense.

"I was afraid this might happen... Stupid of me to take you here... We should have done a movie night or something..." Your sisters says and she and your old friends try to help you get out of the club.
"Where is Max?" You keep on asking.
"Max is in his home." They keep on answering, resulting in you crying every time.
"I have to go and see Max!" You shout.
"You can't right now! You are drunk!"
"So what! The two of us have to work this out! I have to change his mind about us!" He completely agreed it wasn't going to work out, that was why you have to convince him.

And my mates are all there trying to calm me down,
'cause I'm shouting your name all over town,
I'm swearing if I go there now,
I can change your mind, turn it all around.

"I have to tell him how I feel!" You say, getting your phone out of your pocket. You dial Max's number and when you hear him say hi, you start to talk."Max, I am so sorry... I didn't mean all these things I said." You slur. "I know the last period has been hard on both of us, but one thing I do know, I don't want to lose you. I want to go back to where we were. I know we can get through all of this. I know that I love you..." You wait for Max to say something, but you hear nothing. There is a complete silence. "Max?" You ask, but still nothing, so you end the call and start crying all over again.

And I know that I'm drunk, but I'll say the words.
And she'll listen this time even though they slurred
Dial her number and confess to her,
I'm still in love with all of her.
But all I heard was nothing...

You turn around, stumbling but you walk away from your sister and friends, but they follow you. You know exactly where you are going. You know the way to his house, you always will. You just have to talk to her, if you two would stand face to face, he would answer, he would have to. If he will only see how much she wanted him back, he will know that it would be worth it to take her back, that she would do everything to make it work.

So I stumble there, along the railings and the fences,
I know if I faced her, she'll come to her senses
Every drunk step I take leads me to her door
If she sees how much I'm hurting, she'll take me back for sure

"Y/n!" Your sister shouts and she turns you around. "We are going home, you can talk to Max, but tomorrow, when you aren't drunk." Suddenly you are too tired to protest, so you just walk after her, to your parental house where your sister lays you in bed and you drift off to sleep.

The next day you wake up with a pounding headache. You groan, but when you realize you are in your old bedroom, you are a whole lot more awake. You gather some comfortable clothes, since Max has seen you... Nevermind, we are not going there now. You walk down the stairs and take an apple and head for the front door, slipping past your parents and sister, though she notices you and gives you a thumbs up. You smile slightly and you take her keys, knowing she is okay with it. You drive to Max's house and you ring the bell. You still have the keys, but it would be just weird to just walk in right now and you left them in the pocket of the jacket you left at your parents house, so it had no use at this moment.
"Hey!" Max says a little surprised to see you, and you notice it.
"Hey..." You look to your feet, suddenly not so sure about what you are going to say.
"I am surprised to see you here this early." Max smiles, his voice soothing and calming, making you feel at ease. "After your voicemail..."
"What?! That was your voicemail!" You almost yell and you shoot your head up, which makes your head to start throbbing again. Max chuckles when you reach for your head.
"Come in, let's get you something for that headache of yours." You smile and walk into the house and head straight for the kitchen and you sit on the dinner table. "But you didn't know it was the voicemail?"
"No! I heard you talking and me being as drunk as I was assumed you had answered the call..." You say, thankfully accepting the painkiller and glass of water he gives you.
"And I assume you didn't listen to my voicemail either." He says, a smile playing on his lips. Your heart skipped a beat, he definitely did something to you. Even just a simple smile could make your knees go weak.
"Well... No I didn't."
"Then I suggest you listen to it right now." You get your phone out of your pocket and you start to listen to the voicemail. As you listen, your face brightens and you start to beam.
"Really?!" You ask, the enthusiasm audible in your voice, and not just a little.
"Of course." Max says, placing his arms around your waist. "I still love you, and I have never stopped, but you looked so hurt, so angry that I thought breaking up was going to be the best for you, that you would be happy living your live, not just waiting for me." You smile, he was so cute, he was thinking of you, he wanted to keep you close, but he was afraid you might not be happy waiting for him every single time.
"It is hard not seeing you for that long every time, and I sometimes am unhappy when you aren't here... But I would wait all my life for just a single moment with you Max. You are worth waiting for." You smile as he presses his lips onto yours.
"I have to leave this afternoon, but we still have a couple of hours." He mumbles against your lips.
"Then let's spend those couple of hours together."