Carlos Sainz - Hotel Room Surprise

"I just wish you could be here Y/N, I really miss you!" Carlos tells me through the screen, looking just as sad as me.

"I miss you too Carlos, but I can't make it. Finals start on Monday and I really need to study," I tell him and he nods understandingly, though I know he wishes it was different. What he doesn't know, is that it isn't exactly the way I told him. In finals were last week, but I don't want to tell him that because it'll ruin the surprise I have for him.

"When will I be able to see you again?"

"That depends, when will you be home again?" I ask and I see Carlos' face drop even more.

"I won't be able to come home in between races for a while," Carlos says and I pretend to be really sad.

"This sucks."

"It does, I'm sorry Y/N."

"It's not your fault Carlos, don't blame yourself," I tell him, feeling bad that he's beating himself up over this. I hear voices behind Carlos and I know he has to leave as there is qualifying today.

"I have to go Y/N," Carlos tells me as I expected.

"Good luck babe, I know you'll do great!"

"Thank you, corazon. I'll see you soon."

"I love you."

"I love you too," Carlos says before ending the skype call. I shut down my computer and put it in my bag. I check my suitcase one last time before shutting it. I call a cab to take me to the airport and make sure I'm ready to leave once my cab gets here.

Soon enough, the cab arrives and it takes me to the airport. I don't have to wait too long before I can check in and once I'm in the waiting area, I check my phone to find out how Carlos is doing in qualifying. I'm happy to see he managed to get to Q2. When my flight is called, I get up and make my way to the gate.

Luckily, the flight isn't that long and a couple of hours later, I make my way out of the airport, now being closer to Carlos than I've ever been in the last few months. For a while, we weren't even in the same time zone, which made finding a right time to skype very difficult. But in just a few hours, I'll be able to see him, touch him again.

"Where to Miss?" my cab driver asks me and I think about it for a second. If I go to the track now, Carlos will probably just have finished his interviews by the time I get there, which means there's a chance I'll miss him. I decide to go to the hotel Carlos is staying at instead.

"Are you here for the Grand Prix?" the cab driver asks as he's driving to the hotel.

"Something like that."

"Well, I hope you'll have a good time here," the driver says as he pulls over by the hotel.

"I'm sure I will," I say as I get out. The driver helps me with my bags and I pay him before walking into the hotel. Luckily, it isn't too busy at the front desk.

"Welcome Miss, how can I help you?" the girl behind the desk asks. I quickly think about how I can approach this in the best way. If I just say I want the key to Carlos' room, they'll think I'm some crazy fan girl or something.

"Hey, I know this might sound strange, but my boyfriend is staying in this hotel and he doesn't know I'm coming. I want to surprise him after he comes home from work."

"And who would your boyfriend be?"

"Carlos Sainz Jr."

"Really?" the girl behind the desks asks, clearly not believing me.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I can prove it," I say as I take out my phone. I quickly look up a picture of Carlos and I and show it to her.

"And where is he now?"