Fernando Alonso - Indy500

I turn off the TV, not able to watch what's going on anymore. Stupid Honda engines. I make my way to the kitchen to make myself some comfort food, which is necessary in situations like these. Fernando was leading the race at one point and then the engine fails! It seems like he can never catch a break. With my food, I go back to the living room and pick up a book I was reading. It's not like I've got anything better to do.

My phone ringing brings me out of my book and to my surprise, it's Fernando Facetiming. I quickly pick up and wait until his face appears.

"Hey cariño," Fernando greets me.

"Hey babe, how are you?" I ask, wanting to know his mood before anything else.

"I'm okay, disappointed of course, but it was an amazing experience."

"Be honest with me Nando."

"Alright, I'm very disappointed and a bit annoyed, but it is what it is."

"That's totally normal! You were doing amazingly though."

"Thank you cariño."

"You would've won, I'm sure of it," I say, making Fernando chuckle.

"Guess we'll never know."

"Has the race finished yet?"

"You're not watching anymore?" Fernando asks, sounding surprised.

"No, I turned off the TV after you retired."

"You're so cute," Fernando says, making me blush.

"What are you gonna do now?"

"Some interviews, then go back to the hotel and fly home tonight."

"I can't wait to see you again," I say, making Fernando smile.

"I can't wait either, I want to have you in my arms again, it's been way to long."

"It has been," I agree. With all the traveling Fernando has been doing for the Indy500 and his normal races, there hasn't been much time for the two of us.

"I'm taking you out for dinner when I get home."

"No, you don't have to."

"I want to, you deserve it. I haven't had much time for you lately and you haven't complained a single time. I want to do this for you. Besides, I won some money and I intend to spend that all on you."

"You're crazy."

"Only for you, mi amor, only for you," Fernando says, making me smile.

"Hurry and do your press stuff, I want you home as soon as possible."

"I'll do my very best. I'll see you soon."

"I love you."

"Te quiero también."

This one was requested by Mari2294, thanks for requesting. I'm sorry it's not that long, I hope you still liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Nothing is off limits, if I find it too uncomfortable to write, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out ;)

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite