Artem Markelov - Long Time No See

You take a deep breath before walking into the elementary school you used to go to. You still don't really know why you actually decided to go to this reunion, but you did. It feels weird to walk through these halls again. Just walking around here brings back a lot of memories. 

Your elementary school time wasn't an easy period for you. You weren't really bullied, but you definitely wasn't one of the popular kids. You just never really fit in. You walk up to the sign in table, where you get a name tag as well. 

"Welcome," the person behind the table says and you smile at them as you sign in. The person hands you a name tag, which you put on.

"Enjoy," the person tells you.

"Thank you," you say before you continue your way through the school. You peek into each classroom and see things have changed quite a bit, though you still recognize some bits. You smile as you see the music room, which used to be one of your favorite rooms, especially during the breaks. You go inside, sit down and close your eyes, just taking in all the nostalgia. 

"Y/N?" you hear an unfamiliar voice say, making you open your eyes. You look up and see a tall man who's about your ages standing in the doorway. You recognize a bit, but you can't think of his name. Until you read his name tag.

"Artem?" you say surprised and he nods before sitting down across from you, much to your dismay. Artem was one of the popular kids and he was never that nice to you. He had made it pretty clear that he doesn't like you, at all.

"Long time no see," Artem says, a smile on his face.

"Yeah, you could say that."

"So, how have you been?"

"Pretty good, you?"

"Me too! So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, just work."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing special, what about you?"

"I just got home from a race."

"You made it into the racing world?" you ask, remembering how Artem always used to talk about the fact that he was going to be in Formula 1. 

"Yeah, I'm in Formula 2 now, but my plan is to get into Formula 1."

"Nothing has changed then," you say, letting out a sarcastic chuckle. 

"What do you mean?" Artem asks, sounding a bit confused. 

"Oh, no, nothing," you say, hoping he'll just let it be and leave. 

"No, tell me."

"Well, just like I said, nothing has changed. You're still dreaming about being a racing driver, I'm still the quiet girl you remember with nothing special going on and you still don't like me."

"Wait, what?" Artem asks, sounding confused again. 

"Don't act so surprised."

"I really don't know what you're talking about Y/N."

"You never liked me, you always had something against me!"

"What, no! Why do you think that?"

"Seriously? I don't think you've ever said a nice thing to me," you say and Artem takes a moment to think about it.

"Maybe you're right and I'm sorry for that, it was never my intention to make you feel that way. I never had anything against you. I always thought you were really nice and sweet and beautiful, just really shy as well," Artem says after a little while, making you do a double take. 

"What? You thought I was nice and sweet?"

"And beautiful," Artem says, looking directly at you, making you blush and look down.

"Thank you," you whisper as you can't help but smile. 

"You still are though, just as beautiful as I remember," Artem says, making you look up.

"Really?"

"Yes, really Y/N. I had actually hoped I'd see you here, because then maybe I could do what I never had to courage to do when we were in elementary school."

"What's that?" you ask curiously.

"Kiss you, but maybe it's more appropriate to start off by asking you if you'd want to go on a date with me," Artem says, making you do a double take again.

"A date? With me?"

"Yes, if you want to of course."

"Yeah, I do," you say after thinking about it for a second. Artem smiles widely and holds out his hand, which you take hesitantly. 

"Let's go then," he says as he gets up.

"Wait, now?" you ask as you get up as well.

"Yeah why not? We've waisted so much time already, why wait any longer?"