Carlos Sainz - Cheater?

"Y/N, will you be coming to the race next weekend?" Carlos asks me, looking at me with hopeful eyes. I smile sadly at him, but shake my head. Carlos' smile drops and I instantly feel bad. We haven't seen each other in long time, other than through a computer screen like right now.

"I'm sorry babe, but I have to work."

"Again? You have to work every race weekend!"

"I know and I'm sorry, but I need the money."

"You know that I have enough money, Y/N, I can take care of you."

"I know that, but I want to be able to provide for myself Carlos!"

"This makes no sense Y/N, do you even want to come to a race? Do you even want to see me?"

"Of course I do! You know I miss you!" I exclaim, surprised that Carlos would even think I don't want to come see him.

"I'm starting to doubt that, otherwise you would've made more effort to be able to come visit me."

"Carlos, you know I want to come visit you. But I have to work! I already tried to change shifts but no one can work for me."

"I'm also starting to doubt the fact that you have to work so often."

"What are you saying Carlos?" I challenge him, but he just shakes his head.

"Never mind. Just forget about it."

"No, tell me what you are thinking!"

"Y/N, are you cheating on me?" Carlos asks me, making me gasp in disbelief.

"Are you serious?!"

"Y/N, I haven't seen you in weeks! Not really anyway. Every time I invite you, you have another excuse. You're always busy and you always have to work. Can you blame me for starting to think stuff like that?"

"Actually, yes I do blame you. I'd think you'd have some more trust in me, but apparently you don't."

"I want to trust you Y/N, but you're making it really hard."

"I can't believe you're saying this Carlos, I really can't."

"I don't want to be saying this, believe me. But I want to be honest with you."

"Well then I'll be honest with you as well. I would never cheat on you and I can't believe you would even think that I could do something like that."

"Y/N...," Carlos says, trailing off.

"Save it Carlos, just save it," I say before I end the skype call. I sigh as I close my laptop, not believing that I just had that conversation.

"Are you okay Y/N?" my sister Lydia asks as she walks into my room of the apartment we're sharing.

"No, I'm not, I just had a skype call with Carlos."

"Since when is that a bad thing?"

"Since he thinks I'm cheating on him."

"What?!" Lydia exclaims shocked as she sits down next to me on my bed.

"Yeah, exactly."

"Why did he think that?"

"Because I'm always busy and because I can't come to races."

"That makes no sense!"

"Yeah, I know that and you know that, but Carlos apparently doesn't."

"Well what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. I don't even know if there is anything I can do."