Daniel Ricciardo - Protector

Daniel looks up from his phone when he hears footsteps coming closer. He smiles when he sees it's you, but his smile quickly fades when he sees the look on your face.

"Y/N?" he says, making you look up.

"Oh, hey Dan," you say as you walk to her front door.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, what are you doing here?" you say as you go inside. Daniel quickly follows you and closes the door behind him.

"I wanted to do something fun, but not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong Dan," you sigh, but you know you won't win this argument in a million years.

"Tell me the truth Y/N."

"It's nothing, I can handle it."

"Y/N, please," Daniel says, almost begging you to tell him the truth, making you sigh.

"Fine, it's people at school."

"What about them?"

"They don't like me."

"And...?" Daniel asks, knowing that's not all.

"They make sure to let me know that."

"They bully you?!" Daniel asks shocked.

"I guess, yeahh."

"Have you told anyone?"

"No, of course not. That would only make it worse!"

"Y/N, this is serious! You should tell someone!"

"I told you."

"And I'm gonna do something about it," Daniel says as he makes his way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" you call out confused as you follow him.

"I'm gonna go to your school and give those jerks a piece of my mind!"

"No Dan! Wait!" you call out after him as you follow him to his car.

"Y/N, I'm not gonna let those people bully you just because they feel like it! You're way too amazing for that!"

"You talking to them will only make things worse!"

"Why? How can it make things worse when it's already bad?"

"Because you're Daniel Ricciardo and you're going to my school like I'm a little girl who can't take care of herself! I'm an adult too Dan!"

"Well they clearly aren't cuz otherwise they wouldn't do this!" Daniel says before getting into his car. You get in as well and put your hand on his as he wants to start the car.

"Please Dan, don't do this."

"I have to Y/N, I can't stand to see you like this. You deserve so much better," he replies before starting the car. You sigh and fasten your seatbelt, figuring you might as well go with to limit the damage.

"Please don't make it any worse," you say as Daniel parks his car at your school.

"I'm just gonna say what I want," he says before getting out of the car. You get out as well and follow him into the school.

"Please Dan."

"Where can I find them?"

"Cafeteria, I think."

"Great," Daniel says before making his way towards the cafeteria. You follow him closely, secretly hoping the people who bully you won't be there. It might seem strange that you're getting bullied whilst you're in college, but bullying happens everywhere, even at college and workplaces.

"Look at that, she brought her protector because she can't handle it," you hear someone say loudly and you sigh, immediately recognizing the voice.

"Are those the people?" Daniel asks you and you nod slightly. He makes his way towards the table where they're sitting, his usually happy self completely gone. You slowly follow him, standing slightly behind him as he glares at the guys.

"Well hello," one of the guys and your main bully says.

"Hello to you too, I heard some not so nice things about you."

"Oh really? Hmm, wonder from who."

"I just have 1 question for you."

"Great, then we'll be done quickly."

"Why?" Daniel asks, making the guy look at him confused.

"Why?" he repeats, clearly not understanding what Daniel means.

"Yes, why? Why do you do it? Is there some sort of pleasure in it or do you just have nothing better to do? Please, explain it to me."

"Why do I do what?"

"Bully this amazing girl right here! What else?" Daniel yells, losing his temper, which is something you've never seen before.

"I-I don't know?"

"You don't know? You don't know?"

"Not really."

"You just do it for the fun of it? Do you know what you're doing to her? You're slowly ruining her life, which is something she really doesn't deserve because she's sweet and nice and you'd be lucky to call her your friend!"

"Dan..." you whisper, hoping he'll hear you, which he does. He turns around and the look on his face immediately softens when he sees the look on your face. You've never heard him yell like this before and it kind of scares you a little as you don't  know what he'll do.

"I'm sorry," he immediately says.

"Please don't do anything stupid."

"I won't, I promise," Daniel says before turning back to the guy, "I assume you'll stop this crazy behavior, right?"

"Yeah, right."

"Perfect," Daniel says before turning around, taking your hand and walking out of the cafeteria, pulling you with him.

"Thank you Dan," you say softly, making Daniel smile at you.

 "Of course, you mean way too much for me and I can't stand to see you hurt," he says as he stops walking. You stop walking as well and look up at him, a little surprised by the look in his eyes.

"Dan?"

"Please forgive me if this is not want you want, but I just realized something I actually have known for a while but I was just scared to admit it to myself."

"What is it?"

"You know how I always tell you I can never find a girlfriend because I'm too busy?"

"Yeah?" you say confused, not really seeing why this is suddenly important.

"Well, it's not because of that. It's because the girl I want to be my girlfriend is actually you."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. And I know this is sudden, but I just, I couldn't keep it to myself anymore."

"It's very sudden, yeah."

"I understand if you need time or if you don't feel the same way, but I just had to tell you. You don't have to say anything right now, just take all the time you need," Daniel says as he starts walking again.

"Dan?" you say, making him stop walking and turn back around.

"Yeah?"

"I do feel the same way," you say, making a huge smile appear on Daniel's face. He walks back to you and presses his lips against yours, in the middle of the school hallway, just like in the movies. The only difference is, Daniel is way better than any actor you could ever imagine. And the best part of it: he's yours.

Requested by dginad, thank you for requesting! Sorry it took a bit longer, but I hope you liked it!

Requests are still closed, sorry!

Love Evy