Sebastian Vettel - I believe in you

A/N: This one is based on 'I believe in you' by Michael Bublé. This was the first time I wrote a one shot based on a song, I hope you guys like it!

Time goes by and I've been holding everything inside
But now I've got nothing left to hide
When I'm with you, oh, you

"Seb? Are you okay?" I ask as I see him staring into space.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry," Sebastian says, smiling at me.

"Is something on your mind?"

"Nothing for you to worry about."

"Well I am worrying about it because you're my best friend and I can see something is up."

"Guess that's what I get for keeping you around for all those years," Sebastian says, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, guess that's what over 20 years of friendship does."

"That long already?"

"Yeah, crazy huh? But don't change the topic, tell me what's wrong."

"I've just realized something."

"And what's that?" I ask curiously as Sebastian takes a step towards me.

"That I'm done keeping everything inside. I don't want to hide my feelings any more."

"Your feelings?"

"Yeah, my feelings. For you."

But I can see how strong a man I'm gonna have to be
To do for you it comes so naturally
It's in the way you move

"Feelings? For me?"

"I know it might sound crazy, but it's true. And I've realized I have to step up, otherwise I'm gonna lose you to another man who is able to give you what you need. Be who you need."

"Who I need?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, a strong man. And I want to be that for you."

And all I want is a chance to prove
Show all I can do

"Sebastian, I don't know what to say. You've taken my completely by surprise."

"I know, but please, give me a chance. Give me a chance to prove myself, to prove that I can be the man you want, the man you need."

"I don't know Seb," I sigh and he takes both my hands in his.

"Please, Y/N, I want to show you what we can be. I want to show you how good things could be. You deserve it Y/N, more than anyone."

I believe in starting over
I can see that your heart is true
I believe in good things coming back to you
You're the light that lifts me higher
So bright you guide me through
I believe in you

"Seb," I say, not wanting him to bring that up. The rough patch I had.

"No, Y/N, don't hide from it. Sure, it wasn't the best time of your life, but it's a part of you. You know I've always believed in you."

"Yeah, I know that."

"What you don't know, however, is that you've helped me, a lot. You showed me how to be strong, how to be positive. You're like a light that guides me."

"I am?"

And I don't mind
If you want to hold on to me tight
You don't have to sleep alone tonight
If you don't want to

"Yes, you are. And I want to be the same for you," Sebastian says, smiling at me. I slightly smile at the thought of it, the thought of Sebastian being more than just a normal friend to me. The thought of him being a light that guides me through the dark.

"Do you really?"

"Yes, if you want me to."

"I do," I say, making Sebastian smile. He takes a few more steps closer to me before wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. He has hugged me before, plenty of times. But this time, it's different. I love the way he holds me, the way our bodies seem to fit together like two pieces of a puzzle.

And all I want
Is to know you're near
You're all I need here

"Does this mean you're giving me a chance? Giving us a chance?" Sebastian says as he steps back to look me in the eye.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I want you to be sure Y/N, I don't want to ruin our friendship if this isn't gonna work."

"I'm sure," I say, making Sebastian smile.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me," he says, pulling me close to him once again.

"I have an idea," I say, not able to keep the smile off my face myself.

"You're all I need Y/N."

"Thank you for believing in me."

"I'll always believe in you."

This one was requested by VettelFerrari, thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Nothing is off limits, if I find it too uncomfortable to write, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out ;)

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite