Daniel Riccardo - Birthday

"Happy Birthday!" Daniel tells me, a huge smile on his face, making me smile as well.

"Thanks babe!"

"If I could, I'd kiss you right now," Daniel says, making me frown slightly. Kissing through a computer screen is still something that is not possible unfortunately.

"I know, you'll have to do that when we see each other again then."

"Oh I will, trust me," Daniel says, a smirk on his face.

"I'm counting on that."

"It sucks that I can't be with you on your birthday."

"I know, but it's your job, so I don't blame you."

"Still, I want to give you birthday kisses."

"I know," I say, frowning slightly.

"This weekend's race will be for you, okay?"

"You better do well then."

"I plan on it," Daniel says, making me chuckle.

"Good, then I can give you victory kisses when you get back."

"I like the sound of that," Daniel says as I hear his PR call his name in the back. He opens his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it.

"Don't say anything, I understand."

"You're the best Y/N, you really are. I love you."

"I love you too," I say before we both hang up. I sigh as I turn around, facing my bed where my suitcase is waiting to be packed. What Daniel doesn't know is that I'm spending my birthday on an airplane.

"You really do love him, don't you?" my mom asks as she sits down on my bed. I didn't even realize she was standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, I do."

"I really hope you two make it last, I like him."

"Yeah, I hope so too. Will you help me pack?"

"Of course," my mom says, making me smile.

With the help of my mom, packing didn't take that long. Which was a good thing as I had to leave for the airport that same day. Some people might think I'm crazy for spending my birthday on an airplane instead of with my family and friends, but there's only one person I really want to spend my birthday with and he happens to be a flight away. So, if being on an airplane is what it takes to see him, that's what I'll do.

Several hours later, I arrive at the airport of Malaysia, where this week's race is. I arrive just in time for the race, but I know I need to be careful now. Daniel always calls just before the race, he says it's for good luck. I need to decide if I want to surprise Daniel before or after the race. As I sit in the taxi to the track, I decide that if possible, I'll surprise him before the race. If just a phone call is good luck, what will actually seeing each other do?

I've called Christian before I left, letting him know I was on my way. He told me to say my name at the entrance of the track and he'd make sure that I'd get in. And like he promised, they let me through without any problems. I know my way around the paddock, so I quickly go to Daniel's little room to dump my suitcase there. Luckily, Daniel is already in the garage, otherwise my little plan would've been ruined. After dropping off my stuff, I go to the Red Bull garage. Christian spots me and quickly walks up to me.

"Y/N, just on time! Daniel just left for the formation lap," he says as he hands me a headset.

"What's this for?"

"I figured you could say something to Daniel to surprise him. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the end of the race as we don't allow non-team members on the track."

"Ahh okay. This is just as great, he'll be so surprised," I say before putting the headset on.

"Okay, you can say something to him now," Christian says and I nod.

"Good luck babe, make me proud!" I say into the microphone and I can imagine the look on Daniel's face right now, which makes me smile.

"Y/N?" Daniel asks, sounding unsure.

"Yeah, it's me babe."

"Baby! I can't believe you're here!"

"I just got here."

"You're crazy, you know that right? I love you so much."

"I love you too Daniel."

"I'm gonna win this one for you," Daniel says, making me smile.

"Good luck, I know you can do it," I say, which is the last thing I can say to him as he now needs to focus on the race and the start.

"Thank you," I tell Christian as I hand him back the headset.

"Keep it, you'll be able to listen in during the race. You can't say anything though."

"Okay, thank you!" I say and I put the headset back on. I listen to everything Daniel and his team say to each other during the race and even though most of it means nothing to me, it puts a smile on my face. I love seeing Daniel doing what he loves most.

"I can't believe you actually won," I tell Daniel as I hug him tightly. The race finished quite a while ago, but this is the first time it's just the two of us. Everyone wanted something from Daniel after he won, which makes sense. But I just wanted him to myself.

"You were my good luck charm. Besides, I promised you I'd win for you and I'm a man of my word."

"I know that."

"I also said I'd give you birthday kisses if I could. Even though it's technically not your birthday anymore, I'd still like to give you those."

"I'd like that very much," I say, making Daniel smile as he presses his lips against mine..

"I love you," Daniel says as he pulls away briefly.

"I love you too."

"Happy birthday," Daniel says before pressing his lips against mine again. And even though it's not officially my birthday anymore, it's the best birthday ever.

This one was requested by , thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :)

I do have a little announcement. From now on, I"ll only be posting one shots on Monday. I'm very busy with school, which means I have less time to write. I do want to the one shots I post to be good, which is why I'm gonna take a little more time for them. I hope you all understand :) So, from now on: Monday = one shot day

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite