Nico Rosberg - First Prize

"How are you feeling?" I ask my boyfriend Nico as he's puts on his Mercedes shirt.

"Excited! I feel like this is going to be a great race."

"Confident, are we?"

"Very, Liebling," Nico tells me, using his German nickname for me, making me smile. He puts on his Mercedes cap before holding out his hand for me to take. I get up from the bed and take his hand. Together, we make our way out of the hotel room and to the car that'll take us to the track.

"Where will you think you'll finish?" I ask Nico during the drive towards the track.

"First," Nico says full of confidence, making me chuckle.

"You really want to beat Lewis, don't you?"

"He's been beating me for a few races in a row, it's my turn now."

"Well I hope you win."

"I know I'll win."

"Okay, well, we'll see I guess," I say, smiling at his confidence. There have been races in the past were this was very different, especially when Lewis was outperforming him so many races in a row. I don't know where his confidence came from, but I'm not complaining. Nico doesn't respond, but seems to be thinking about something very hard. I decide not to ask him about it, knowing he will tell me when he's ready to.

"Will you marry me if I win Liebling?" Nico asks all of the sudden, completely taking me by surprise.

"What?"

"If I win the race today, will you then become my wife?"

"You're serious?" I ask, just to be sure.

"Very serious. I love you Y/N and I want you to be my wife."

"But what if you don't win?"

"Then I owe you a very fancy dinner," Nico tells me, making me chuckle despite my nerves that Nico caused because of his question.

"Nico, I-," I start off, but Nico cuts me off.

"Look, I know this might seem sudden for you, but I've been thinking about this for a while, I just didn't know how I could ask you best. This is perfect though as I can combine the two things I love most: you and racing. So, Y/N, will you marry me if I win the race?" Nico tells me, making me smile and in that moment, I make my decision.

"Yes," I say just as we pull up by the track, but neither of us make a move to get out of the car.

"Yes?" Nico asks, just to be sure.

"Yes, I'll marry you if you win."

"I love you so much Liebling," Nico says before he kisses me. Just then, someone knocks on the car window, making us pull away.

"You should probably get to the garage," I chuckle and Nico nods before opening the car door. He gets out and helps me get out before taking my hand. Together, we make our way to the garage. I'm always nervous before a race, but never as nervous as this time. The walk to the garage isn't that long and soon enough, I'm in the middle of pre-race craziness.

"Y/N! How are you?" Toto Wolff says as he walks towards me.

"I'm good, nervous for the race."

"Yeah, race day is always something special," Toto says, but he has no idea how special this one might be.

"It sure is."

"Well, I have to go. See you later Y/N," Toto says before walking off, leaving me by myself. Nico is busy with his engineers, going through some last minute adjustments. I just watch him, smiling at how at peace he seems in the middle of all the craziness. I'm so proud of him for achieving what he has as I know it wasn't always easy for him. This season has been going great so far and he has a great chance of becoming World Champion this year, which is his biggest dream.