Max Verstappen - She Will Be Loved

"Max, can you come over please?" she asks him over the phone.

"I'm on my way," he replies before hanging up. He sighs, already know what's going on. It's that stupid boyfriend of hers, again. Why can't she see that he's so bad for her. He gets in the car and quickly drives over to her place. Once he gets there, he goes up to her apartment and goes inside, using the key she gave him ages ago.

"Y/N?" Max calls out, but he gets no reply. He does however hear sobs coming from the bedroom. He quickly makes his way over there and spots his best friend sitting on the bed, tears streaming down her face.

"Oh no, what happened," he asks as he sits down next to her, wrapping his arms around her to comfort her.

"He did it again," she sobs, making Max grow angry inside. It's always him, that stupid boyfriend of hers. He doesn't know how to treat her right. If only she gave him a chance...

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here now," Max says as he keeps trying to comfort Y/N. His heart breaks slightly every time this happens. She deserves so much more. She has had such a hard time already and she's only 18.

"Why does he keep doing that?"

"I don't know, I wish I did so I could do something about it," Max tells her, inside wishing that she would just break up with him already.

"Thank you for always being here for me Max, I really don't know what I would do without you," Y/N says as she looks up, her eyes still full of tears. Still, the beautiful of her eyes strike him, like always.

"Don't worry about it, you're my best friend," Max says, making Y/N smile, though it hurts him to stay that. He wants so much more than to just be friends.

"Would you mind making me something to eat? I'm gonna take a quick shower."

"No, of course not. What do you want to eat?"

"I don't really care, as long as it's tasty."

"Hey, don't underestimate my cooking skills," Max says, making Y/N chuckle. They get up from the bed and as Y/N goes to take a shower, Max makes his way to the kitchen to prepare some food for the both of them. This is how he wishes real life was. The two of them, living together, enjoying life together.

"So, what did you make me?" Y/N asks as she walks into the kitchen, freshly showered.

"Pancakes," Max says, making a huge smile appear on Y/N's face. Max's heart flutters at the sight of it, loving to see her happy.

"Thank you so much."

"Anything for you," Max says as they both sit down, each with a plate of pancakes. If only she knew the true meaning of that. All of the sudden, Y/N's phone buzzes. She reaches to see who is calling and the smile disappears off her face.

"It's him."

"Don't answer."

"I have to, he's my boyfriend."

"No, please Y/N, don't answer."

"It'll only make it worse."

"Please, hear me out first, okay?"

"What is it Max?"

"I've been by your side through everything and it's been so hard to see you suffer like that. You deserve so much more than what you got. You're an amazing girl! You're sweet, caring, funny and on top of that, so beautiful," Max starts off and Y/N blushes at his kind words.

"Max, I," she starts, but he cuts her off.

"I'm not done yet. This guy you call your boyfriend doesn't deserve that title. He doesn't treat you right and you know it. I know you think you this is the best you'll get, but it's not. Y/N, I can be the guy you want, I would be so much better for you."

"Max, what are you saying?"

"Can't you see that I'm in love with you? I want to be there for you, as more than just your best friend! I know it won't always be easy, but I don't care. I've always been there for you and I will always be there for you. But please, let me be more than just your friend."

"You're in love with me?"

"I am and I know it might come as a shock. I shouldn't have dropped this on you like this, I know that. But I can't just keep watching, seeing you sad breaks my heart," Max says, finishing his confession. Y/N stares at him, not knowing how to react. Her phone as stopped ringing, going to voicemail.

"What if we don't work out?" she asks, making Max smile slightly. At least she's not saying no right away, he has a shot.

"We will, I know it. We've got everything we need right here! Love, friendship, trust. I know we'll make it, no matter what. We've already been through so much as friends, our bond is so strong."

"Why? Why now?"

"Because, Y/N, you deserve it. You deserve to be loved and I want to be the one to love you. You're everything to me, I'd go crazy if anything bad happens to you and this guy you're with is bad news. I just...., I needed to try," Max says, slowly losing hope as she's asking so many questions. If she wants this too, she would've said so right away, right?

Her phone starts ringing again and she checks to see who it is. He doesn't need her to say it, he knows it's him. She picks up this time, bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hey," she says before listening to what is being said on the other side of the line. Even though Max can't clearly understand what the guy tells the beautiful girl in front of him, he can hear the guy is angry.

"No," Y/N says, sounding determined. She's quiet for a while again, listening to what is being said to her.

"I don't care," she says and now Max hears yelling coming through the phone.

"It's over. We're done," Y/N says, making Max's eyes widen. Is this real? Is she breaking up with him? Is he finally getting his chance to make her feel loved and beautiful?

"Shut up, it's over between us, for good. Don't try to call me again," Y/N says before hanging up and placing her phone on the table. She doesn't dare to look at Max, not yet, but she feels his eyes on her.

"Does this mean what I think it does?" Max asks and Y/N looks up, straight into his eyes. The eyes that seem to look into her soul.

"Yeah, it does," she says and that's all Max needs. He gets up and pulls her up as well. Before she can asks what he's doing, he presses his lips against her. It feels as if everything finally makes sense. This is what people mean what they talk about love, about their soulmate. For the first time, she feels at home and safe. If only she had known sooner that the one she had been looking for was right in front of her.

I've been going through all my songs and I found 'She Will Be Loved' by Maroon 5 and it inspired me to write this one shot. I hope you guys liked it, I never usually write in 3rd person, but the song was in 3rd person and it just made sense for the one shot.

If you want to request a one shot, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Nothing is off limits, if I find it too uncomfortable to write, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out ;)

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite