Daniel Ricciardo - Wedding Day

I stand in front of the full-length mirror and stare at my reflection. It's weird to see myself wearing a wedding dress, a sight I never expected to see this soon. But here I am, in my wedding dress, about the marry the love of my life. Daniel Ricciardo. If someone would've told me 10 years ago that I would marry a Formula 1 driver at age 28, I would've laughed. But everything changed when I met Daniel. I still remember the day as if it were yesterday.

I was working in the local dinner and I was just about to finish up my shift. It had been a long day and I was exhausted. Just as I finished cleaning, a young man with dark curls walked in. I sighed, knowing I would have to start cleaning all over again once he left. But when he greeted me with a smile, the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen, I didn't care anymore.

Now here we are, 5 years later. A lot has happened since and it definitely hasn't been easy all the time. Daniel is away a lot because of his job and that makes things tricky. Luckily I was able to travel with him the past season, which makes things a lot easier. It also let to this very day, our wedding day. Daniel asked me to marry him after his first race win of the season. It had already been an amazing day, but the proposal made it a million times better.

"Y/N, are you coming?" I hear my dad ask, making me turn around. He smiles when he sees me in my wedding dress and I can tell he's trying hard to keep it together.

"Is it time?"

"It is, come on. There's a really nervous man waiting for you," dad says, making me smile as I think if Daniel. I spoke to him on the phone last night as we weren't allowed to see each other. Daniel told me he wasn't nervous yet, but I guess that has changed now.

"Okay, let's go," I say as I walk over to my dad. Together we walk to the entrance of the church, where the bridesmaids are already waiting. My best friend and maid of honor, Alexa, walks up to me with my bouquet of beautiful roses, my favorite flower.

"Here you go girl. Are you ready?"

"To marry Daniel? Yes. For this moment? No way," I say, making Alexa and my dad chuckle.

"Don't worry, it'll be over before you know it. After that, it's the best day of your life," Alexa tells me and I trust her as she speaks from experience. The bridesmaids stand in the right order as the music starts playing on the other side of the doors. It's time.

The doors open and the bridesmaids slowly walk in, along with Alexa. As last, the flower girl walks in, Alexa's 3-year-old daughter and the cutest girl you'll ever see. Then it's my turn. I put my arm through my dad's and we follow walk into the church. Everyone is standing up and looking at me and I feel really self-conscious. I look to the front, but I can't see Daniel as the bridesmaids are still in front of me and my dad.

Then the bridesmaids walk off to the side and my eyes fall on Daniel. The first thing I notice is the absence of his usual grin. He looks nervous, just like my dad said. He looks incredibly handsome in his dark blue suit. He told me that the color reminds him of his racing suit and now that I see it, I have to agree with him. His dark curls are styled to perfection, which is a little unusual, but it looks amazing.

Then his famous grin appears on his face and all my nerves fade away right in that moment. His smile always makes me feel better and this time is no exception. I smile back at him and the thought of being married to this amazing man in just a little while overwhelms me. I am really marrying this man, the man that I love with all my heart.

My dad and I reach Daniel and my dad takes my hand in his. He gives me a kiss on my hand before laying my hands in Daniel's. I smile at my dad before looking at Daniel, who already has tears in his eyes.

"Hey," I whisper to him, the smile still on my face.

"Hey beautiful," Daniel whispers back, a smile on his face as well. The minister welcomes everyone, but I barely pay attention to what he says. My focus is completely on Daniel.