Sergio Perez - Grand Slam

You almost don't dare to blink, afraid you'll miss something important happening on the screen in front of you. You almost can't handle the suspense. Just a few more laps of the Mexican GP and Sergio is in the lead. He is actually leading the race. His home GP. You know how much this means to him and he has been wanting this for so long. And in just a couple of laps, it will be reality. All Sergio has to do is keep driving. Just a few more laps

He does it, he actually does it! Sergio wins his home GP! After all this time, all those years, he finally does it. You want to make your way to the area below the podium, but you feel someone pull on your arm.

"What is it?" you ask the Force India team member who did so.

"Sergio wants you to come to the cooldown room."

"What?" you ask confused, but you follow the team member anyway, figuring Sergio will tell you what this is about.

 "Mi amor," Sergio says happily when he sees you waiting for him in the cooldown room behind the stage.

"I'm so proud of you babe," you say as you wrap your arms around the sweaty driver.

"Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you," Sergio says, giving you a kiss before stepping on the scale so the official can write down his weight. You sit down on the couch as Sergio grabs a bottle of water and a towel from the table. He chats a bit with the other drivers before they are called onto the podium. Sergio smiles at you before leaving the room, leaving you behind confused as you still have no clue what you're doing there.

You watch the screen that's in the room so you can still see the podium ceremony. You're kind of annoyed as you really wanted to be with the team to see the podium ceremony live, but for some reason, Sergio wanted you to be here.

"Y/N?" an official says, making you look at him.

"That's me."

"Would you please follow me?"

"Yeah, sure," you say, following the official out of the room and towards the podium. You can hear the podium interviews going on, but you still have no clue why you're actually there.

"If my amazing girlfriend could come out," you hear Sergio say and the official motions for you to walk on the stage. You walk out, still confused. When you see the crowd in front of the podium, you're a bit blown away and you look at Sergio to see if he will explain to you what's going on.

"Hey Y/N," Sergio says, smiling at you, though you can tell he feels nervous.

"Hey," you reply, but only the people on the podium can hear you. Someone hands you a mic, which you take automatically, though you have no idea why you're given one.

"So, I made a promise to myself this morning. Or actually a while ago already, but this morning was 100% I was going to do it. I woke up and you were lying next to me and I just couldn't help but smile and feel like the luckiest guy in the world, because somehow, for some reason, you chose me as your partner. There are a million other guys out there, but you still chose me. And I would never ever forgive myself if I would let you get away," Sergio starts off.

"What are you doing?" you ask, not into the mic, but Sergio just smiles.

"So like I said, I promised myself something. I promised myself that if I'd win my home GP, I'd do a certain something. And I won, so now here we are. Do you want to know what I promised myself I'd do?"

"Yes," you reply, now into the mic. You hear the crowd yelling 'yes' as well, making Sergio chuckle.

"I promised myself that if I'd win, I'd ask the most beautiful girl in the world, who I'm now lucky enough to call my girlfriend, to marry me," Sergio says before going down on 1 knee. You gasp, almost dropping the mic in the progress. One of the officials hands Sergio a small velvet box and when he opens it, you gasp again.

"Y/F/N, will you please make me the happiest, luckiest guy alive and marry me?" Sergio asks and the crowd is already shouting 'yes!'. Tears appear in your eyes as you still don't believe this is actually happening.

"Yes," you reply and because of the mic, the whole crowd heard it, making them erupt in cheers. A huge smile appears on Sergio's face as he gets up. He slides the ring on your finger before pulling you into a tight hug.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too."

Requested by VamosBarcelona, thank you for requesting and I hope you liked it!

Requets are still closed, I'm sorry!

Love Evy