Max Verstappen - Calming

"This sucks," I sigh as I watch the Formula 1 cars drive their final lap of the Belgian GP.

"It does, I can't imagine how he must feel," my best friend Ella sighs. He being Max Verstappen, who is about to finish 11th, which sucks as it's his home GP. Me and about the whole crowd here wanted him to do so much better, but unfortunately, luck wasn't on his side.

"I just want to give him a big hug to make him feel better," I say and Ella nods in agreement.

"He doesn't deserve this," she says as Nico Rosberg crosses the finish line in 1st place.

"Come on, let's go," I say as I get up.

"What?"

"If we leave now, we can get away before it gets too crazy. Besides, I have to go to the toilet, really bad."

"Alright, let's go. We can't get to the podium anyway," Ella sighs and I know that's something that really annoys her as Daniel, who shares her favorite driver spot with Max, finished 2nd.

"This wasn't how today was supposed to go," I say as we make our way to the toilet, which are in the main building.

"Who knows, maybe something good will come out of it."

"Hmm, I doubt it."

"You never know, life can be unexpected."

"Can't argue with that. Wait here, I'll be right back," I say as we reach the toilets. Ella nods and waits outside the toilet area as I walk in. I go to the women's bathroom and quickly do my business before washing my hands and walking back out. Or that's what I try to do. As I walk out, I bump into someone.

"Sorry!" I say immediately, not even looking to see who I bumped into.

"Watch out!" a voice replies rather harsly and I freeze. I know that voice. I look up and look directly into the blue eyes of the one and only Max Verstappen.

"Sorry again," I say as I keep looking into his yes. His harsh eyes soften and the angry expression slowly disappears.

"It's okay, I wasn't watching where I was going. And sorry about how I reacted," Max says, now sounding more like himself. I hesitate for second, wondering if I should say something or not. He probably already has a ton of people saying that they're sorry about how the race went and that he'll do way better next time. But for some reason, I feel like I should say something.

"I don't blame you after what just happened."

"Yeah, well, nothing I can do about that now. It sucks though, big time," Max says and I nod, understanding what he means. Suddenly I think back to what I said to Ella not too long ago.

"This might sound really weird, but...," I start and Max chuckles.

"I've had people ask me a lot of weird things, I'm sure whatever you're about to say can top those things."

"Probably not," I say as I giggle. Giggling? Really? I must seem like such fan girl.

"So, what did you want to say?"

"Well, during the last lap of the race I told my friend that wanted to give you a big hug to make you feel better, so I was wondering if I could give you a hug," I say, blushing slightly as I realize how stupid it sounds.

"I would love that," Max says to my surprise, a big smile on his face. I smile back at him before stepping closer to him. I wrap my arms around Max's chest as he wraps his around me and pulls me even closer to him. Max keeps me close to him longer than I expected, not that I'm complaining. Suddenly he seems to realize this might be a little weird and he steps away from me.

"That probably didn't make you feel better at all though," I say, trying to laugh it off.

"Actually, it did. I feel much better now, thank you," Max says, surprising me once again.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I came here so that I didn't have to be around anyone as I knew it probably would end well if someone tried to talk to me. But for some reason, talking to you has calmed me down a lot, so thank you for that."

"Well, you're welcome I guess."

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Ella asks as she walks into the bathroom area. She has a worried look on her face, which disappears as soon as she sees me talking to Max.

"Max, this is my friend Ella," I say, making Ella smile.

"I don't even know your name though," Max points out and I realize he's right.

"I'm Y/N," I say and Max smiles.

"Beautiful name," Max tells me, making me blush.

"Well, I'm gonna go, have fun you two," Ella says before turning around.

"I'm your ride El," I remind her, making her stop walking. She sighs as she turns back around.

"Right, forgot about that. Well then I'll just wait out there somewhere," Ella says as she points somewhere with her arm.

"I can get you home if you want, then Ella can take the car," Max suggests, making me smile.

"If you don't mind?" I ask as I look at Ella.

"Nope, not at all."

"Great! Then I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I tell Ella as I hand her the car keys.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow! Have fun!" Ella says before walking out of the toilet area. Suddenly I realize I don't even know what Max and I are gonna do. Does he even want me to stay? He did suggest to take me home later, so he must want me to stay, right?

"We should probably get out of the toilet area, we can find a nicer place to talk," Max suggests and I nod.

"I'll follow you," I say, making Max smile. He takes my hand and leads me out of the toilet area. He walks to 'employees only' door and goes through it. I have no idea where we're going, but eventually we end up by Red Bull hospitably unit. Max goes up some stairs and opens the door for me.

"Welcome to my room," he says after going in as well and closing the door behind him.

"Looks nice," I say as I look around, making Max smile.

"Thank you."

"Is this where you hang out when you're not in the garage?"

"Yeah, most of the time. Sometimes I'm in Daniel's room, which is true that door," Max says as he points to a door in his room.

"Are you two close?"

"Yeah, we're good friends."

"That's nice!"

"Yeah it is. Can I ask you something?" Max asks suddenly, slightly catching me off guard by the suddenness of his question and the determination in his voice.

"Yeah, sure."

"It might sound weird, but can I hug you again?"

"Of course, you don't have to ask," I say, making Max smiles. He steps closer to me and wraps his arms around me again. As I hug him back, I can't help but think how right it feels to be in his arms. Max pulls away slightly, keeping his arms wrapped around me.

"Does it feel as right to you as it does to me?"

"Yeah, it does," I say, making Max smile before he cups my cheek and leans down. I smile as Max presses his lips against mine. I guess Ella was right, something good did come out of the bad race and I wouldn't want it any other way.

This one was requested by the amazing pasfeatvic, I hope you liked it babe!!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :) I'm posting on Monday's and Friday's!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite