Daniel Ricciardo - Best Friend Support

As a best friend, it is my duty to support Daniel during the first race of the season. Especially since it's his home race. Which is why he flew me to Australia and why I'm currently in the Red Bull garage. Daniel is out on track, which is already kind of a miracle on its own as Daniel has had a terrible weekend so far with him ending up in the wall during qualifying. And let's not even talk about how his race started. But at last, Daniel's on track in his bolide.

"Y/N!" I hear Stuart, Daniel's trainer say from behind me, making me turn around.

"Hey! It's good to see you again!" I say as I hug him quickly.

"You too! It's been a while!"

"I know, I've been busy. Dan almost dragged me out here."

"I bet he did," Stuart chuckles.

"How are you?"

"Pretty good, been busy with training and all,"

"Oh right, pre-season training."

"Ye-"

"NO! SHIT!" I hear someone from the pit stop crew yell out, making me look at the screen. It shows Daniels car standing still beside the track.

"Did he crash?" I ask worried.

"No, his car stopped working," someone replies. I don't even know who. After the crappy weekend Daniel already had, this is the last thing I wanted to happen to him. He doesn't deserve this. And he's gonna be very disappointed.

"Dan?" I ask, making Daniel look up slightly. I walk over and sit down next to him on the couch. As I expected, Daniel was very disappointed. He put on a brave face for the press, but as soon as he got to the hotel, he broke. It's been the hardest thing to watch, especially knowing there's not much I can do.

"Are you okay?" I ask, though I already know the answer. But I have to start somewhere.

"No," Daniel says, the tone of his voice breaking my heart slightly.

"I'm so sorry Dan," I say as I put my hand on his arm.

"It's not your fault Y/N."

"I know, but still."

"In fact, I'm the one who should be sorry."

"What? Why would you be sorry?"

"I flew you out here, practically dragged you here. And then I go and screw up the race. I didn't even finish it! You came out here for nothing."

"No!"

"What? It's true!"

"Stop saying stuff like that! You didn't drag me out here, I wanted to come. I wanted to support my best friend. Sure, it would've been amazing if you had a good race, but it doesn't always go the way we want to."

"I didn't just have a bad race though, I had a horrible weekend."

"Happens to the best."

"Still, I feel bad."

"Don't feel bad Dan, I loved watching you do what you love most. It makes me happy to see how passionate you are. I'd fly anywhere to see that," I say, making Daniel smile slightly.

"Thank you Y/N, that means a lot."

"Don't thank me, I'm here to support you, no matter what. And that includes pep talks when you're feeling down."

"I don't know what I'd do without you Y/N, honestly. You're the one person who can always cheer me up," Daniel says as he looks at me. But he doesn't look at me the way he normally does. There's something different in his eyes. A different emotion.

"Dan?" I say, confused by how he's acting.

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

"Do what?" I ask confused, but Dan doesn't reply. Instead, he puts his hands on my cheeks and presses his lips against mine. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. For a few moments, I'm completely frozen. But then I realize how good Daniel's lips feel against mine. And the only thing I can do is kiss him back. I put my hand on the back of Daniel's neck and pour everything I have into the kiss.

"Y/N," Daniel mumbles as we pull away.

"Dan," I reply, not knowing what else to say. To be honest, I can't even form a normal sentence in my head. The kiss completely took me by surprise, it blew me away. I never expected to feel something like this after kissing Daniel. I never thought I'd kiss Daniel in the first place.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize."

"I just had to."

"I know."

"What now?"

"I don't know," I say, my forehead still against Daniel's, our lips just a few centimeters apart. I can feel his breath on my lips and it's driving me crazy.

"What do you want?"

"Do that again."

"Good," Daniel says before pressing his lips against mine once again. This time, I respond right away. Daniel pulls me closer to him and I don't hesitate to move closer to him. I want to be as close to him as possible. Suddenly Daniel moves away from me and starts pacing around.

"What is it?"

"What are we doing Y/N?"

"Well, I mean,"

"No mean, what are we doing? We're friends, best friends! We shouldn't be kissing each other!"

"Maybe not! Maybe I also shouldn't like it that much. But I do. And so do you so. This happened and we both liked it!"

"So what now?"

"Now we figure out where we go from here," I say as Daniel sits back down next to me.

"I didn't realize it before this happened, but I really like you Y/N. A lot. I want to be with you Y/N, but I don't want to lose my best friend."

"I don't want to lose mine either, but this feels too real to not give it a try."

"I agree."

"So?"

"So, Y/N, would you please be my girlfriend?"

"I would love to," I say, making Daniel smile.

"Thank you for making my crappy weekend a million times better."

This one was requested by RedBullRicciardo, thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :) I'm posting on Monday's!

And I just want to thank you guys for 11K reads. It's crazy how fast the reads of this book go up and that's because of you guys. So, thank you!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite