Daniel Ricciardo - Bored

No matter how disappointing the race weekend was for Daniel, it's not stopping him from going out to celebrate the first race of the season. Which is why we're currently on our way to a venue close to the hotel, where the party is held.

"Are you ready to party?" Daniel asks when we reach the venue.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I chuckle as we walk inside. I'm not that much of a partier, but Daniel loves it so usually I do go along. It's always nice to catch up with some friends I've made on the grid.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Daniel asks as we go inside.

"Just cola," I say, not a big fan of alcohol.

"Alright, I'll be right back!" Daniel says before walking off to the bar. I look around and soon enough I spot Max talking to some of his team members. I smile and make my way over to him.

"Hey," I greet Max, making him smile.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Pretty good, just got here with Dan."

"Where is he?"

"Getting something to drink," I say, just as I see Daniel walk up to us. He hands me my cola before doing some sort of handshake with Max, which makes me smile. I love that they are such great friends.

"How are you man?" Max asks Daniel, knowing himself how hard it is to have a bad race at your home grand prix.

"Could be better, but I'm putting it behind me. Looking forward to China."

"I know what you mean. But, first, let's party!"

A few hours and lots of different drinks later, the party is in full swing. Daniel has been talking to team members and other drivers all night and honestly, I am bored. I expected to have a fun night with Daniel, but so far, his attention has been on anyone but me.

"Are you okay?" Max asks, making me look at him instead of Daniel. At least he hasn't left my side.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"You don't look okay."

"Just not the night I expected, that's all."

"Daniel?" Max asks and I nod.

"I just wanted a fun night out with him, but he's been talking to a bunch of people, but not me."

"He's just excited to see everyone again, that's all."

"I know, but still. I wanted to dance," I sigh and I can tell Max feels for me by the look on his face. Even though I'm not much of a partier, I love to dance.

"Well, do you want to dance with me then?" Max asks, making me smile.

"I'd love to," I say and Max leads me to the dance floor. We start dancing together, just enjoying each other's company. With Daniel busy, we're both dateless and what better way to solve it than to dance with your friends?

"He's looking," Max tells me, which confuses me.

"Who?"

"Daniel, he's looking at us. Well, at you," Max tells me, making me smirk slightly.

"Let's make him jealous," I say as I take a step closer to Max.

"What? No, I don't want to make him angry."

"He won't be angry, trust me. Besides, it's his own fault, he should've payed more attention to me," I chuckle as I put my arms around Max's neck. I glance over to Daniel and see Daniel is indeed looking at us and by the look on his face I can tell he doesn't like what he's seeing.

"If you're sure?"

"I am, trust me," I say and Max wraps his arms around my waist to pull me closer to him. The longer we dance, the closer we get to each other and the more intimate it becomes. I wonder how long it will take Daniel to interrupt us.

"He's hard core staring now, he's really not liking it," Max tells me.

"Good. Is he coming over yet?"

"No, not yet," Max says and I burry my face in Max's neck.

"How about now?"

"Yes, he's coming," Max announces and I smile slightly. It might sound bad, but I love it when Daniel gets a little jealous. Not only does he look incredibly sexy when he does, it also shows me how much Daniel cares about me. Not that I not know without Daniel being jealous, but still.

"Excuse me?" I hear Daniel say, making me look up. I don't step away from Max just yet though.

"Yeah?" I ask, acting as if I don't know why he's here.

"Do you mind?" Daniel asks Max, who shrugs as if he doesn't know what Daniel means.

"Mind what?"

"You're dancing with my girlfriend!" Daniel exclaims and both Max and I take a step back.

"So? We're friends."

"Friends don't dance like that."

"I was bored and Max offered to dance," I simply say, hoping he'll understand what I'm saying.

"Bored? How can you be bored? This party is amazing!"

"Because my boyfriend was too busy to dance with me," I say and realization dawns upon Daniel's face.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry! I didn't even realize! It's just great to see everyone again and I totally didn't think about how you were feeling."

"It's okay Dan, I understand," I say, smiling at Daniel.

"Really?"

"Of course!"

"You're amazing Y/N," Daniel says, a big smile on his face, making me blush.

"I'll leave you two alone," Max chuckles before walking off the dance floor.

"Well, Y/N, would you like to dance with me?"

"I would love to," I say and Daniel wraps his arms around me. As he pulls me closer to him, I wrap my arms around Daniel's neck.

"You're my girl Y/N, don't ever forget that."

"I'll never forget," I say, making Daniel smile before he presses his lips softly against mine. Just as I really start to get into the kiss, Daniel twirls me around, making me gasp in surprise.

"Let's dance!" Daniel exclaims, making me giggle.

"Take the lead," I say and Daniel does exactly that. The rest of the night, we hardly leave the dance floor. We dance until our feet hurt and Daniel makes sure that for the rest of the night, I'm not bored a single moment.

This one was requested by girlgroupuniverse, thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :) I'm posting on Monday's!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite