Daniel Ricciardo - Worried

"Be careful, okay?" I tell my boyfriend Daniel Ricciardo as he gets into his bolide.

"I'm always careful Y/N," Daniel tells me, smiling at me.

"I know that, but still."

"Don't worry, I'll be careful," Daniel says before putting his helmet on.

"Good luck out there," I say before I walk away from the car as the Redbull team needs to do their jobs. I walk to the back of the garage, where I'll be watching the race. I watch as Daniel drives out of the garage for the formation lap.

I've watched and loved Formula 1 almost all my life. My dad always watched and I've basically grown up with it. When my dad told me we were going to a race together, I was so thrilled. The weekend was amazing, but when I met Daniel Ricciardo afterwards, the weekend was perfect.

Daniel and I exchanged numbers and he promised me he'd call. I didn't think too much of it as I thought he probably told a lot of girls he'd call them. To say I was surprised when I saw his name appear on my phone the next day would be an understatement. Daniel told me he had a few days off and that he wanted to take me out on a date. I couldn't believe my ears and said yes right away.

After going on a few dates, Daniel unfortunately had to leave again. He told me he'd call me soon and this time, I believed him. We'd call and text every day, until one day he just showed up at my house. He took me out on a date and asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes right away. Right after that, Daniel asked me to come along to the races and I didn't have to think about my answer twice. It was like a dream come true.

Now I've been traveling from race to race with Daniel for about 2 or 3 months and it has been an absolute blast. Daniel had asked me to manage his social media accounts for him during racing weekends and that has been a lot of fun to do. You can say that I'm pretty much living the dream.

Except for 1 thing. Ever since I started dating Daniel, I've been come really worried that he'd crash during a race. It's something I never had before, but now that I'm actually dating an F1 driver, things have changed.

Luckily, this race ends without any major crashes and when Daniel comes back into the garage, I hug him tightly.

"Hey baby girl," he greets me, hugging me back.

"You did great," I tell him. He ended in 4th place, behind the 2 Mercedes and his team member Max.

"Thanks baby girl. I just have to do some interviews, I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Okay," I say before Daniel gives me a kiss. He quickly changes out of his race suit into jeans and a Redbull shirt before leaving the garage again, his PR by his side. I decide to go to the motorhome and wait for Daniel there. Luckily, his interviews don't take too long.

"Hey baby girl," Daniel greets me as he walks towards me after his interviews.

"Hey, how were the interviews?"

"Pretty standard, nothing too crazy," Daniel says as he sits down next to me. He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close.

"I'm proud of you, you did great today."

"Thank you, it was a fun race."

"You were pretty close to a crash at one point though."

"I know, I'm sorry," Daniel says, knowing how worried I am about him crashing. He always tells me that he won't crash, but I know there's nothing he can do if it does happen. It comes with the sport.

"It's okay, nothing happened."

"How come you're always so worried though?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm just worried about you. I don't want to see you get hurt and I don't want to lose you."

"That's really sweet, I'm happy you feel that way."

"You are?" I ask confused as I don't see how it's a good thing that I'm feeling like that every race.

"Yeah, it shows how much you care about me and how you feel about me. You wouldn't feel like that if you didn't truly care about me."

"I do care about you Dan, a lot. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you on the track."

"I promise I'll do everything I can to not let that happen," Daniel tells me as he sits up a little so he can look straight into my eyes.

"Thank you Dan, that means a lot to me."

"I-," Daniel says but he shakes his head slightly and looks away.

"What is it? You can tell me, whatever it is."

"I'm afraid it's too early, we haven't been together that long," Daniel says, which makes me confused. What could be too early to tell me? Even though we haven't been together that long, we're really close. We talk to each other about everything and there's nothing we couldn't tell the other.

"I won't judge Dan, you know that."

"Alright, but please don't freak out either."

"You're making me a little worried now Dan."

"You're always worried about me."

"That's true, it's because I care so much."

"And that's why I love you Y/N," Daniel says, making me gasp. He just told me he loves me for the first time. Daniel has a worried look on his face, probably worried I'll freak out or think it's too soon to say that. But that's not at all what I'm thinking.

"I love you too Daniel," I say, making Daniel's signature grin appear on his face before he kisses me softly, but with a lot of passion.

"You have no idea how happy I am right now," Daniel whispers to me after he pulls away.

"Hmm, I think I know how you feel," I whisper back as a smile appears on my face. I know for a fact that that smile won't disappear for a while and it's all because of the smiling Aussie sitting next to me right now. The smiling Aussie, who I love and who loves me back. The man I'll probably be worried about every time he gets in the car, but I know that no matter what happens, together we can take it.

This one was requested by tami_udvardy, I hope you liked it girl :)

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Psst, no queue right now :P Request away!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite