Carlos Sainz - Vacation

"Oh how I love the sun," I sigh as close my eyes and enjoy the sunshine.

"Yeah, me too," Carlos says and I can hear he's smirking. I open my eyes and see Carlos looking at me.

"Such a guy," I chuckle and Carlos shrugs, not really caring.

"You're the one who put on that bikini. You can't expect me not to look at you when you're wearing that."

"I know," I say, smiling at him. I'll never tell him, but I love it when Carlos looks at me like that. It makes me feel amazing.

"So, what is the plan for today?" Carlos asks and I shrug.

"I don't really mind. I'm fine with anything, I'm already happy I get to spend time with you. Hasn't happened a lot lately."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, it's your job. I just which mine would allow me to travel with you."

"Me too baby," Carlos sighs.

"But let's not be sad about it now, we're together now."

"That's true, so let's make the best of it," Carlos says, smiling now. I smile back at him, loving his positive energy.

"Sounds good. So, what do you wanna do. And don't ask me what I want to do because I want you to pick something."

"You know me too well."

"Of course I do. So, what is it you want?"

"You," Carlos says, winking at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Tonight babe."

"Oeh, I like the sound of that."

"Only if you pick something now though."

"Blackmailing, I see how it is. Well, let's see. How about we go down to the beach and go for a beach walk?"

"Sounds good, we could get an ice cream."

"Oeh, ice cream!"

"Let's go then," I say, getting up from my chair. Carlos gets up as well and we walk back into the house we rented for our vacation. I go to our room to put on a flowy dress that I can wear over my bikini.

"You didn't have to put that on, you know that right?" Carlos says when I come back downstairs.

"I know."

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go," I say and I follow Carlos out of our vacation home. He locks the door behind me before taking my hand. We walk down to the beach, which is surprisingly quiet for the time of day.

"Are you enjoying our holiday so far?" Carlos asks as we start walking by the water.

"Yeah, I am. The weather has been amazing and the company is perfect," I say, making Carlos smile.

"I agree," he says before pulling me towards him to give me a kiss on my cheek.

"Are you excited about the rest of the season though?"

"Very, I can't wait to get back in the car."

"I'll be able to come to the first race," I tell Carlos, making him smile widely.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I talked to my boss and I was able to take some days off. I'll be there the entire weekend."

"That's amazing!" Carlos says as he picks me up and twirls me around, making me laugh. It's been a while since I was able to come to a race and I've really missed it. It's always a lot of fun and let's not forget about to fact that I can spend a lot of time with Carlos. When he's not racing of course.

"I'm so excited, I can't wait," I say when Carlos has put me back down.

"Me neither, but I'm also good with just staying here for a few more weeks."

"Me too, but unfortunately, duty calls soon."

"Let's not think about it just yet, okay?" Carlos says and I nod as we start walking again.

"I want an ice cream," I say when I spot an ice cream stand, making Carlos chuckle.

"Alright, let's go get one," he says and we start walking towards the stand.

"How can I help you two?" the man behind the stand asks us.

"I'd like a strawberry/chocolate ice cream," I say and the man nods. He starts making my ice cream and hands it to me before looking at Carlos.

"Banana/chocolate for me," he says and the man starts making his ice cream. He hands it to Carlos and Carlos pays for both our ice creams. I don't bother trying to stop Carlos paying for me because I know it's an argument I'll never win.

"Thank you," I say as we start walking back towards our vacation home.

"Don't worry about it."

"No, I'm serious, thank you Carlos. For everything."

"You know I do it because I love you."

"Still, it means a lot to me. Everything you do, it makes me feel special."

"That's because you are special Y/N," Carlos says, making me blush.

"Thank you Carlos."

"No, thank you. For always supporting me. You have no idea how much it means to me," Carlos says as he stops walking. I stop walking as well and look at him, a smile on my face. How am I so lucky?

"I do it because I love you, you know that."

"I do, but still. I need to thank you for it every once in a while. I know it's not something that I should take for granted," Carlos says as he strokes my cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too baby, I love you too."

This one was requested by EmilyJanuzaj, thank you for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite