Sebastian Vettel - Stare

"Next question!" the man who is in charge of the press conference says, which snaps me out of my thoughts. I quickly look around to see if anyone has noticed that my thoughts wandered off, but luckily, everyone is too focused on the press conference going on. I focus my attention back to the front as well and realize someone did notice.

Sebastian.

He is staring at me, seemingly not even bothered by the fact that everyone can see him staring. I shake my head slightly, hoping he'll stop staring. But he doesn't, the only thing he does is smile at me. It feels as though his blue eyes pierce right through me.

"This is a question for everyone, what is it like to maintain a relationship whilst traveling all around the world for your job?" one of the reporters asks. One of the other drivers starts answering the question as Sebastian keeps looking straight at me. I shake my head again and mouth 'stop it' to him.

"What about you Sebastian?"

"I can't really answer that question as I don't really have experience with that. The last time I had to deal with that is a while ago and currently I'm in a situation where I don't have to worry about my relationship as I'm traveling," Sebastian answers as he keeps looking at me.

"Thank you."

"Next question!" the same guy from before says.

I pretend to write some stuff down so I can avoid looking at Sebastian. I know he's still looking at me, I can feel it. And I know why. It's because of last night.

"Y/N?" I hear a familiar German voice say from behind me as I get the hotel door key out of my pocket. I turn around and see Sebastian walking towards me.

"Hey Seb, do you need something?" I ask as he reaches me. His room isn't on this floor, so he must need something from me as I'm his PR.

"No, don't worry. I just want to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"How do you think I'll do in the race this weekend?" Sebastian asks, surprising me.

"What? Why are you asking me that?"

"Just wondering. What do you think?"

"I think you'll do pretty well."

"Do you think I'll win?"

"Eh, yeah, why not?" I say, confused by the whole situation.

"If I win, will you do something for me?"

"Do what?"

"Go on a date with me," Sebastian says, completely catching me off guard.

"What?"

"Come on Y/N, go on a date with me. We both know there's something here, why not explore it?"

"Because we work together, in a world that's though and demanding. Because we both work under a lot of stress and people depend on us. And they depend on us working well together. If we can't work together because something happened between us, we aren't the only ones affected," I say and I feel like I'm making a convincing argument, but Sebastian seems to think otherwise.

"You're making excuses Y/N."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are. You're scared and I get that. But why not take a chance?"

"I'm not scared!" I say as my voice raises slightly, even though I don't mean to.

"Yes you are Y/N."

"I'm not!"

"If you're not, then kiss me. Right now," Sebastian dares me and he looks me straight in the eye.

"What?"

"Kiss me Y/N. If you're not scared, kiss me right now," Sebastian says again and before I can stop myself, I do exactly that. I kiss him. My arms find their way around Sebastian's neck as Sebastian wraps his arms around my waist.

"See, I'm not scared," I mumble against Sebastian's lips.

"Shut up," he replies as he pulls me closer against him. I forget about the fact that we're in the middle of a hotel hallway and that someone we know can walk by any second. I forget about the fact that we're working together. I forget about the fact that we're not supposed to be doing this. I fully enjoy the moment.

No matter how much I enjoyed that moment yesterday, when I woke up this morning all the things I forgot about during our kiss came rushing back. And it doesn't help that Sebastian is constantly staring at me.

"Alright, that's it for today!" the guy who leads the press conference says and everyone starts getting up. I get up as well and make my way over to Sebastian, who smiles at me.

"Hey Y/N," he greets me once I reach him.

"Follow me, we need to talk," I say without greeting him. I start making my way out of the press room and walk towards Sebastian's room at the paddock. I assume Sebastian follows me. When I reach Sebastian's room, I turn around and see Sebastian did follow me, to my relief. We go inside and both of us sit down.

"What is it?" Sebastian asks me.

"What do you think it's about?"

"I don't know. I mean, I have an idea but..."

"It's the kiss Seb!"

"Yeah, I figured."

"And then what you did during the press conference."

"What? Look at you?"

"You didn't just look at me, you stared at me!"

"Okay, maybe I did."

"Why? And why did you kiss me?"

"For the record, you kissed me. But that doesn't matter, because it both has the same reason."

"And what's that?"

"I like you, Y/N, a lot!" Sebastian says as he takes my hands.

"You do?"

"Yes, I do! Why else do you think I asked you to go on a date with me if I win this weekend? Or why else did you think I dared you to kiss me?"

"I don't know."

"I like you, a lot. And I want to be with you," Sebastian says, making me smile.

"I want to be with you too. But what about work and everything?"

"Don't worry about that, okay?"

"Okay," I say, making Sebastian smile. He cups my cheeks before he presses his lips against mine. And once again, I forget about everything around me. I focus on the man who is kissing me. The man who likes me.

This one shot was requested by VettelFerrari, thank you for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :) I'm posting on Monday's and Friday's!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite