A Town Called Mercy - Part Two ✔

A/N;

I can't believe this book is nearly over I don't want it to be the end I honestly hate endings their the worse things ever!

So I might be able to update tomorrow as I'm meeting up with my best friend as we do our Thursdays meet up.

But I will try and make sure I have half of 'The Power Three' done tonight and then continue Friday :)

----

*Outside, Marshall Office*

Grace's POV-
Me and Amy stood either side of a wooden pole "It's such a shame they live in fear this town is so beautiful." I say sighing "I'm not stupid you know!" Amy said looking ahead I frown and look at her "I never you were stupid?" I ask her she looks at me and smiles "I know what you and the Doctor did." Amy said I tilt my head to one side "Huh?" I ask her she points to her neck my eyes as I slap my hand over the neck I groan Amy laughs "You didn't realise did you?" Amy asked me "No." I mumble "Come on let's go back in." Amy said I smile.

*Marshall's Office, Day*

Me and Amy enter the office, closing the doors when we turn around Jex cocks and aims a gun at our faces "I'm sorry, Amy and Gracie. He really should have followed the plan." Jex said.

While keeping the gun trained on us, Jex fills his pockets with personal items from his cell "Isaac says he doesn't care about my past. But things may have been uncovered that even he might struggle to forgive." Jex said as he moves to the door.

"So it's best we beat a hasty retreat." Jex said I looo at Amy "We? We're coming with you?" I ask him shocked "It's unlikely the Gunslinger will shoot if I'm with you. As far as I can tell, he's programmed to take innocent lives only if absolutely necessary." Jex tells us.

"Well, colour me reassured." Amy said sarcastically Jex backs out the door only to have a gun cocked and aimed at the back of his head I sigh as I see Issac and Rory force him back inside "Doc, what are you doin'?" Issac asked him.

Jex is standing in front of the wall, Issac, Rory, Amy and I facing him "It was stupid of me, I realise that now. I just thought I'd put you all in enough danger, perhaps if I left..." Jex said the Doctor enters and walks over to JEX "He's lying." Doctor said pausing "Every word. Everything he says, it's... all... lies. This man is a murderer." Doctor said as he makes Jex walk backwards.

"I am a scientist." Jex said "Sit down." Doctor said quietly but Jex refuses "SIT DOWN!" Doctor yells in his face Jex sits terrified "Tell them what you are." Doctor said "What am I? A war hero." Jex said "OK, somebody want to tell me what's going on?" Issac asked as he stand by Jex "The Gunslinger is a cyborg." Doctor said "A what?" Issac asked him "Half man, half machine. A weapon. Jex built it. He and his team took volunteers, told them they'd be selected for special training, then experimented on them, fused their bodies with weaponry and programmed them to kill!" Doctor said angry.

"OK, why? Why would you do that, doc?" Issac asked Jex "We'd been at war for nine years. A war that had already decimated half of our planet. Our task was to bring peace, and we did. We built an army that routed the enemy and ended the war in less than a week. Do you want me to repent? To beg forgiveness for saving millions of lives?!" Jex raising his voice "And how many died screaming on the operating table before you had FOUND your advantage?!" Doctor asked angrily as he got into Jex's face.

"War is another world. You cannot apply the politics of peace to what I did, to what any of us did." Jex said The Doctor walks to the other side of the room by the cell, crosses his arms and leans against the wall "But what happened then? How come you're here?" Rory asked him "When the war ended, we had the cyborgs decommissioned. But one of them must have got its circuitry damaged in battle. It went offline and began hunting down the team that created it, until just two of us were left. We fled and our ships crashed here." Jex explained.