The Power of Three - Part Three ✔

*Hospital, Hall Near Lift, Day*

Grace's POV-
The lift doors open and we peer inside we sigh "Oh, portal to another dimension in a goods lift?" Amy asked disappointed The Doctor checks his sonic "The energy signals converge here. Does seem a bit cramped, though." Doctor said.

*Hospital, Lift, Day*

We step into the lift. The back wall ripples. The Doctor pokes it with his finger we all share a smile.

"Through the looking-glass, Amelia. Gracie." Doctor said as Amy takes the Doctor's hand I take Amy's and we step through the portal.

*Ship*

We arrive in the same room.

"Where are we?" I ask the Doctor.

"We're in orbit. One dimension to the left." Doctor replies we see Rory is lying unconscious on a table at the end of the row. Dad is on the gurney next to him.

"Rory!" Amy said and The Doctor reaches into his pocket and tosses a small jar to Amy as he crosses to Rory's other side.

"Seborean smelling salts. Outlawed in seven galaxies." Doctor said Amy holds the smelling salts under Rory's nose. Rory sits up at the very moment we are shot at. We all duck behind the table.

"Whoa-hoa! Whoa! What kind of a welcome do you call that?" Doctor asked.

"Get them out of here. You too. Now." Doctor tells us.

"What are you going to do?!" I ask him The Doctor pushes the gurney towards me and Amy. Amy uses the salts on Dad and he sits up.

"Absolutely no idea. Get him through the portal." Doctor tells us The Doctor helps push the gurney until we are fired at again.

Amy, Rory and I renter when we hear Shakri say "The human contagion only! Must be eliminated."

We stand either side of the Doctor "Who are you calling a contagion?" I ask him.

"Oi! Didn't I tell you three to go?" Doctor asked us as he looks between us.

"You should've learnt, by now." Rory tells him I nod.

"Yeah, and what is this "Tally," anyway?" Amy asked him.

"Some people call it "Judgment Day" or "the Reckoning." Doctor explains "Don't you know?" I ask him "I've never wanted to find out." Doctor said.

"Before the Closure, there is the Tally. The Shakri serves the Tally!" He said.

"The pest controllers of the universe. That's how the tales went, isn't it?" Doctor asked him "Wow, that's a seriously weird bedtime story." Amy said weirded out "You can talk -- wolf in your grandmother's nightdress? So!" Doctor said and claps his hands "Here you are, depositing slug pellets all over the Earth." Doctor said as he walks back to the other side of the screen to face the Shakri.

"Made attractive so humans will collect them, hoping to find something beautiful inside. Because that's what they are. Not pests or plague -- creatures of hope, forever building and reaching. Making mistakes, of course, every life form does, but -- but -- they learn. And they strive for greater and they achieve it." Doctor explains.

He walks back to us "You want a tally? Put their achievements against their failings, through the whole of time. I will back humanity against the Shakri every time." Doctor said.

"The Tally must be met. The second wave will be released." Shakri said and taps on the keypad "What does that mean?" I ask terrified "It's going to release more cubes to kill more people." Doctor said shocked.

"The human plague, breeding and fighting. And, when cornered, their rage to destroy. You're too late, Doctor. The Tally shall be met." Shakir said and disappears.

"He's gone?" Amy asked shocked.

"He was never really here. Just the ship's automated interface. Like a talking propaganda poster." Doctor explains and runs over to the computer "I can stop the second wave." Doctor said and uses the sonic on the computer "I can disconnect all the Shakri craft from their portals, leave them drifting in the dark space. Ah, but all those people who were near the cubes, so many of them will have died." Doctor said.

"I restarted one of your hearts." I said to him "You'd need mass defibrillation." Rory said "Of course. Ah, beautiful. But, Ponds, Ponds, we're going to go one better than that. The Shakri used the cubes to turn people's hearts off. Bingo!" Doctor said and claps happily "We're going to use them to turn them back on again." Doctor tells us uses sonic.

"Will that work?" Amy asked him "Well, creatures of hope. Has to." Doctor said the readout on the screen changes as the doctor continues to use the sonic.

"30 seconds. Don't let me down, cubes. You're working for me, now." Doctor said the ship begins to shake violently.

"Oh, dear. All those cubes. There's going to be a terrible wave of energy ricocheting around here, any second. Run." Doctor said and grabs my hand as we run.

*Pond/Williams House, Kitchen Night*

The Doctor, me, Amy, Rory and Dad are seated at the table having Chinese by candlelight we are laughing over a story.

"Mmm, dear me. Me and Gracie better get going. Things to do. Worlds to save, swings to... swing on." Doctor said with his mouthful The Doctor grabs a fortune cookie, stands and heads for the door I follow him the Doctor turns back and leans over the couple, arms over their shoulders.

"Look, I know, you both have lives here, beautiful, messy lives. That is what makes you so fabulously human. You don't want to give them up. I understand." Doctor tells them I smile.

"Actually, it's you they can't give up, Doctor. And I don't think they should. Go with him. Go save every world you can find. Who else has that chance? Life will still be here." Dad tells them.

"You can come, Dad." I say he smiles.

"Somebody's got to water the plants. Just bring them back safe." Dad tells the Doctor.

*Pond/Williams House, Night*

The Doctor, me, Rory and Amy pause outside the TARDIS and look back at Dad the Doctor looks at us and said.

"All this time I've been on my own believing the power of one was enough. But when I met you three I realised that I don't need be alone any more. For I have the power of three behind me."