Chapter 11 - The Truth

Michael's POV

"Mickey, come here." I called him as he passed my office door.

"Yes, daddy?" He looked at me.

"Sit down, I need to speak with you."

"What about?" He asked while munching down on a sandwich. I figured it was time to tell him about Luke. Not all truth, of course.

"About your mum" I said. His face lit up with happiness.

"Really?" He asked smiling, his sandwich at the side of him now.

"Yes but you won't like it. There's a reason he isn't here anymore, Mickey." I looked at him.

"What do you mean, daddy?"

"When you were born, he didn't want you. You had 3 other brothers and they died at birth. He was devastated by it and he left" I explained. His face fell into a hurt expression.

"Mummy didn't want me?" His voice cracked.

"I'm sorry, son. But it's the truth. He didn't care for you, he didn't love you." I said. He sniffed a little then looked at me and said.

"I love you, daddy. If mummy don't love me then I don't love him." He said getting off the chair and came up to hug me.

"I love you too, Mickey. Finish your sandwich in your room, okay?"

"Yes, daddy." He said leaving the room. "Hello, auntie" he said on his way out. I looked up and saw Taylor standing there shaking her head. She stepped in the room with my mother on her heals behind her.

"Do you think that was the right thing to do?" My mother said folding her arms. "What if one day he somehow manage to see Luke, you're going to make him hate Luke for something he didn't do? Is that really how you want your son to grow up? Do you want him to grow up hating his other parent?" She questioned.

"How would I look if I told him the truth?" I questioned back.

"You're such an asshole" Taylor said leaving the room. I sighed and rocked back on the chair.

"And for you to even say that his brothers died, what is your problem? He may have seemed to take it well but you don't know what's going on in his mind. What is wrong with you?" She shook her head looking disappointed.

"Look, it's my son, I can do what I want and I can tell him what I want." I said to her.

"This is not the son I raised. I think we made a mistake by treating Luke like that. You should be ashamed of yourself." She said then left the too, mumbling to herself.

I got off the chair and walked towards Mickey room. As I was about to open the door I heard what sounds like crying coming from behind his door. I opened it slightly and peeped in.

"I wish my mummy loved me." He said holding up the blanket and laying down on the bed. I sighed and walked downstairs.

As I entered the kitchen, the emergency siren went off. My head warrior ran into the kitchen.

"Alpha, we're being attacked. They're on the south side." He said.

"Get the warriors, get the other pack members in the safe room, now!" I said running upstairs. I walked into Mickey's room, picked up and started walking down to the safe room. When we reached, most of the pack was already in there, it's a large underground room.

"Stay here with grandma and auntie, daddy will be right back, okay?" I asked him.

"Yes, daddy." He said and walked next to my mother.