Chapter 30 - Do My Eyes Deceive Me

Michael's POV

I exited the meeting I begged the council to call after all the activities that has been going on in less than a week. I'm almost completed the transformation of fully becoming an omega, which honestly has been the hardest few days of my life. Some members of the pack has gotten an illness that none of the doctors in the pack or other packs seems to know about, so there's no way to maybe cure it. I begged and begged and begged, over and over again for the council to hold the ritual at sooner date. They soon agreed after we had enough of us to beg them. They said that the ritual will be held tomorrow, they'll contact Luke while we get the guy who seems to know about it. 

With that said, Nelson has already left to inform the guy of our intentions of the ritual. My parents has caught the illness and it's devastating. We've had already three deaths from the illness, which only started three or four days ago, and it has already claimed the life of three of our pack members. This illness is so brutal, and it seems to be going in a pattern of rotting flesh on the arms, followed by them just becoming dust. Something similar to the stories told to us of a pack disrespecting the moon goddesses ways. And it seem we did the same thing. I even experience one of the members dying. She was in the quarantine area, her hands rotted, her bones showing from the rotten areas and then I heard a scream, we all looked at her as a small poof of fire took her body and she turned into dust. 

I'm truly terrified that it can happen to more and more members of the pack for a thing I did. My parents can just vanish into dust anytime and I won't know. They only have a little area that's infected so the sooner this ritual takes place, the better. Luke's parents has also caught this illness, leaving Justin, Taylor and possibly 70% of the pack healthy. However, it's spreading extremely fast and it came sooner than we expected. Is the moon goddess that cruel? Or is she just doing this because of what we did? 

"Hey Michael, they said they want to do the ritual today tomorrow night. The white wolf is coming today to just go through everything with the council and then see where it'll take place, but it may or may not work." Justin said. I looked at him and sighed. 

"The quicker we do it, the better." I said. I walked outside with him.

"How's your parents?" He asked me.

"Not too bad. Yours?" I asked.

"Not good actually. It's spreading so fast." He said. 

"We will see how everything goes until tomorrow." I said. He nodded and we remained silent until we reached the quarantine building. They spread us in some sort of thing to prevent any possible spread of the virus. We walked through the hall, each room filled with members, some filled with just piles of dust from those who turned. It's a horrible sight. We finally made it to the area where the most healthy ones are and entered the room where my parents were and where his was. He walked to his while I walked up to mine.

"Hello, Mother. Father." I greeted.

"Did they agree to it?" My father asked.

"Yes, it is tomorrow night." I said to both of them.

"Do you know where?" He asked.

"When Luke comes, we'd know everything." I told them.

"How many are infected?" My mother asked.

"According to the doctor and the council, about 20 percent are infected, while 10 percent already passed." I said.

"This is moving quicker than we thought." She said. 

"Let's just hope everything goes smoothly by tomorrow." My father added. "Head back out and see what's going on. We're good in here." He said. I nodded and left the room, along with Justin.